Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
1612427817844.png

DAKAR

At least 10 Malian soldiers were killed early Wednesday in a terrorist attack targeting their camp, according to local media reports.

The terrorists attacked a Malian Armed Forces detachment based in the village of Boni in the central Mopti region, the reports said.

According to Tadayt, a propaganda outlet close to Al-Qaeda, a group affiliated with the organization claimed responsibility.

The Mopti region has been frequently targeted by terrorist organizations since 2012.

Despite the presence of French and UN peacekeeping forces in Mali, armed groups are still very active in the West African country.

Since 2012, militants have carried out violent attacks in northern and central Mali, killing thousands of soldiers and civilians.

In 2015, a peace deal was signed between the government and some insurgent groups.

Political and community disputes continue to fuel tensions in northern Mali, undermining the implementation of the peace agreement.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
RIP.

On the 3rd of february 2021 at 6:15am a detachment of the Malian army based in Boni in the region of Mopti was subject to an attack from armed terrorist groups.

9 Malian soldiers were killed,6 injured and there was material losses. The injured were evacuated by the aircrafts of the Malian army and the MINUSMA to Sévare.

More than 20 terrorists and their equipments were neutralized thanks to the intervention of the Malian and French air forces.

EtVrmEwWQAEZs0D.jpg

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
@Vergennes Honestly Europe needs to sort a few things. First it needs to give up the idea that Mediteranean is a boundary. As you know history it is NOT. Indeed the very name means 'medium' or the middle or the meeting point. And that is what it has been historically. All classical civilizations were clustered around the Mediteranean. That includes Roman Empire.

Europe needs to co-opt all of North Africa and use that as it's southern frontier by making those countries associate members of EU. The Sahara Desert should be the boundary and money should be given to Norh African countries to police it.

Then all migration must be stopped. I am son of a migrant but I know too much of something can be toxic. Paris, London, Rome are turning into Third World and this is dangerous as it gives far right groups fuel. If this issue is not resolved by the left in Europe we could see the rise of far right and all that it could lead to. I don't think that would be good for anybody.

Then after blocking all migration a more fairer trading system has to be built that offers jobs in Africa or Asia rather than people having to migrate to Europe. Countries should be supported even if their leaders are less than ideal. France would not appreciate Africa trying to over throw Macron. Meaning leaders like Gaddafi should have been left to naturally evolve. You see what has happened to Libya today and it's turned into a vacuam that funnels migrants to Europe.

How is millions of such migrants flooding Rome, Paris, London or drowning in the sea good for anybody? A global holistic solution is needed.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Vergennes Honestly Europe needs to sort a few things. First it needs to give up the idea that Mediteranean is a boundary. As you know history it is NOT. Indeed the very name means 'medium' or the middle or the meeting point. And that is what it has been historically. All classical civilizations were clustered around the Mediteranean. That includes Roman Empire.

Europe needs to co-opt all of North Africa and use that as it's southern frontier by making those countries associate members of EU. The Sahara Desert should be the boundary and money should be given to Norh African countries to police it.

Then all migration must be stopped. I am son of a migrant but I know too much of something can be toxic. Paris, London, Rome are turning into Third World and this is dangerous as it gives far right groups fuel. If this issue is not resolved by the left in Europe we could see the rise of far right and all that it could lead to. I don't think that would be good for anybody.

Then after blocking all migration a more fairer trading system has to be built that offers jobs in Africa or Asia rather than people having to migrate to Europe. Countries should be supported even if their leaders are less than ideal. France would not appreciate Africa trying to over throw Macron. Meaning leaders like Gaddafi should have been left to naturally evolve. You see what has happened to Libya today and it's turned into a vacuam that funnels migrants to Europe.

How is millions of such migrants flooding Rome, Paris, London or drowning in the sea good for anybody? A global holistic solution is needed.

I think Sarkozy once proposed a Mediterranean Union. But current Europe and EU is way to xenophobic to do any leaps like that. Handing out money to North African countries would be welcome news to most right wing and populist parties in Europe. And they are strong as is.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I think Sarkozy once proposed a Mediterranean Union. But current Europe and EU is way to xenophobic to do any leaps like that. Handing out money to North African countries would be welcome news to most right wing and populist parties in Europe. And they are strong as is.
Well, a bold and imagintive solution is needed. Or else the future is grim. I know Islam is the flogging horse in most Europe but they avoid the elephant in the room. The massive migration we will see heading north from Sub-Saharah Africa. The reason is SSA is about to hit the demographic transition model and you will see SSA population reach 2 billion plus in decades. That pressure will push waves northwars to Europe.It already is happening.

As i say a hijab or beard might not be aesthetically pleasing to the European eye but it won't stab him or mug him or machete him. I don't and would never live in London exactly because despite the media hiding this and instead picking on Muslims Black crime in that city has reached levels where you would not like to live. London now is stabbing and gun capital.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh its going to be worse in the future not only because of the population but also because of climate change. These regions will have a rough time. It's in the best interest of Europe to turn Northern Africa in somekind of production hub and provide jobs so the youth stays there. But as I said, the EU is weak right now and there's the Eastern block that is scared of anything foreign and there are the Med. countries that are broke anyway.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Oh its going to be worse in the future not only because of the population but also because of climate change. These regions will have a rough time. It's in the best interest of Europe to turn Northern Africa in somekind of production hub and provide jobs so the youth stays there. But as I said, the EU is weak right now and there's the Eastern block that is scared of anything foreign and there are the Med. countries that are broke anyway.
I know what London is like, I have been to Paris and Rome. Both are worse. it really is shocking. I first went to Paris first time in 1982 where I had a great time with my first love - lasted only months but i still look back at it with a warm feeling, nostalgic feeling. Humans tend see places by what they associate them with. Paris was my fountain of love and youth. I still relish the weel I spent at Saxe Residence. Then I skipped Paris for three decades. Went back on trip down memory lane. What fcukin shock. Rubbish, beggers, hustlers, scammers and just a general feeling of intimidation everywhere. Rome was not any better.

I know I am son a of a migrant. But we all got to worry over what the future will bring. I am glad we had Brexit. But a solution that is holistic has to be crafted.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom