TR TFX Name Suggestion Dıscussions

moz68k

Reactions
18 575
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

in that video Arda Mevlutoğlu said that he heard the name for TF-X might be Anadolu Kartalı (Anatolian Eagle)
Makes sense, easy to understand for the export market. I think the full designation of the TF-X will be TF-23 Anatolian Eagle. It's closest western counterparts are the KF-21 and F-22. The 23 is a no brainer.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Makes sense, easy to understand for the export market. I think the full designation of the TF-X will be TF-23 Anatolian Eagle. It's closest western counterparts are the KF-21 and F-22. The 23 is a no brainer.
Also it would be a very good message to the Greeks who insistently call Anatolia Little Asia.:cool:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in that video Arda Mevlutoğlu said that he heard the name for TF-X might be Anadolu Kartalı (Anatolian Eagle)
I like the name Kartal but not together with Anadolu (this is not a drill :ROFLMAO:). It was my suggestion all along.

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I like the name Kartal but not together with Anadolu (this is not a drill :ROFLMAO:). It was my suggestion all along.
With all due respect to Arda Mevlüoğlu and dear Zafer, I remember Fazil Altay was first, told that the name of the aircraft will be Anadolu Kartalı.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think TF is necessary. Just call it F. F1 in fact, as our first fighter, disregarding Hurjet which is a later project anyway. You can have a name for a potential series like Kartal or something, to differentiate from Mirage; TAI Kartal F1.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's name is Anadolu Kartalı. It's like semi-official now.

I don't like it. Why there must be "Anadolu" ? There are many possible better names like Turkish Eagle, Gökhan..

moz68k

Reactions
18 575
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
After the one with the F22, side by side with the KF21 :p

ZrAdFu.jpg
I think if we name the TF-X some variation of "eagle" or another bird of prey, it will be a nice bookend to the XF-2X "family" of western-philosophy 4.5-5th Gen fighters: "Young Hawk" (Boramae), "Raptor", "Eagle" (Kartal).

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,551
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think if we name the TF-X some variation of "eagle" or another bird of prey, it will be a nice bookend to the XF-2X "family" of western-philosophy 4.5-5th Gen fighters: "Young Hawk" (Boramae), "Raptor", "Eagle" (Kartal).
There are a lot of fighter planes named after birds of prey. Eagle this and Hawk that. I say we buck the trend. Dip into our mythology.
And name this beauty "Konrul"
looks like Kf21will have gun , any news if TFX will have one ? I dont see any place to mount any gun at this tfx prototype .
AFAIK it will have a 30mm cannon.

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's name is Anadolu Kartalı. It's like semi-official now.

I don't like it. Why there must be "Anadolu" ? There are many possible better names like Turkish Eagle, Gökhan..
I honestly don't like it too.
The name should be phonetically beautiful, simple and meaningful.

Anka would fit perfectly to this description, symbolizing our rebirth from the ashes. It's unfortunately taken.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Anka would fit perfectly to this description, symbolizing our rebirth from the ashes. It's unfortunately taken.
The name of the unmanned aircraft family of Anka. Anka, Anka 2 Göksungur, Anka 3 will come.

I think AKKUŞ, HİLAL, GÖKKURT are beautiful names for Mmu.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,551
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

My dude, we got Konrul.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anka (عَنْقَاء‎‎) is the Arabic version of Konrul from Turkish mythology (equivalent of Greek/western Phoenix, Persian Simorgh (سیمرغ, lit. thirty birds). So Anka would be a really bad name for a Turkish fighter jet. Konrul on the other hand I can understand. But I still think you can just name it conventionally something classy like F1 (Or maybe S1, for Savaş Uçağı N.1), instead of going the derivative route of TF (do American, French, German or British companies call their fighters AF, FF, GF, or BF?:ROFLMAO:) and have the moniker at the end like TAI S1 Konrul.

Top Bottom