Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,987
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
This is an excellent article which delves deep into the situation going on in the middle east. To sum it up, Iran isn't seen as the top priority anymore. It's Turkey that the other middle eastern country's are trying to compete against.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is an excellent article which delves deep into the situation going on in the middle east. To sum it up, Iran isn't seen as the top priority anymore. It's Turkey that the other middle eastern country's are trying to compete against.

The time of compeition is over since they failed to diversify away from the oil they will become even more irrelevant, we still havent punished the UAE for the al-watiya attack tho so thats something to look out for.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
The time of compeition is over since they failed to diversify away from the oil they will become even more irrelevant, we still havent punished the UAE for the al-watiya attack tho so thats something to look out for.
Not all arab economies are oil based my friend. Egypt is going to be in the top 20 economies by 2030 something.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,987
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Yes, I have been saying this for a while now.

Could you see an upcoming split in the Arab world between anti-Israeli and pro-Israeli governments/factions? Or is Israeli influence now so strong that any opposition would be crushed?

I ask this because if Erdogan continues to stay in power, he could see some new Arab allies emerging.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Could you see an upcoming split in the Arab world between anti-Israeli and pro-Israeli governments/factions? Or is Israeli influence now so strong that any opposition would be crushed?

I ask this because if Erdogan continues to stay in power, he could see some new Arab allies emerging.
No, I see no split for Pro-Israel or Anti-Israel. Maybe only Qatar but they like Israel in secret as well so that is questionable.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not all arab economies are oil based my friend. Egypt is going to be in the top 20 economies by 2030 something.

According to that forecast it will be no.7 and Turkey no.5, however similar forecasts also clearly state the gulf economies will run out of money by then.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
According to that forecast it will be no.7 and Turkey no.5, however similar forecasts also clearly state the gulf economies will run out of money by then.
They have been saying that since the 90s my friend. We shall talk when that is accomplished.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

A good thing we knew this already and prepared ourselves.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
we still havent punished the UAE for the al-watiya attack tho so thats something to look out for.
The attack was only to raise morals because their red line disk did not work out plus zero Turkish soldiers were dead and Turkish transport planes land safely in AL watiya with zero damns given to UAE propaganda

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Actually the Arab world is split with those who are against UAE ksa regimes and Arab revolutionaries who are against them
Those are minor states in the long run, KSA and UAE are allied with the major states.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The attack was only to raise morals because their red line disk did not work out plus zero Turkish soldiers were dead and Turkish transport planes land safely in AL watiya with zero damns given to UAE propaganda

Sure but there needs to be punishment, I found it funny how they painted away their signature on their jets in crete, probably were aware that we are after them but we really need to look out for for the right moment and strike them.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Recently there have been talks of a Turkish intervention in Yemen against UAE in Arab media, so I think it's a matter of time seeing turkey decisive against uae led Arab coalition

Y

Yoyo

Just finished reading it. Indeed a great article, thanks for sharing it.
I think the main takeaway was this:

In its intelligence estimate for the year 2020, Israel's military intelligence division included Turkey among the list of organisations and countries that threaten Israeli national security.

I think we all know who's behind the challenges Turkey is facing in the East Med. Countries like Greece and the Gulf States are only pawns.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Recently there have been talks of a Turkish intervention in Yemen against UAE in Arab media, so I think it's a matter of time seeing turkey decisive against uae led Arab coalition

It is Saudi led UAE withdrew as they only needed Aden port and STC.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,987
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
And look at all of them, dirt poor and will never be prosperous again. and btw Suria has good relations with UAE now.

It's true that they are poor for now, and probably for the foreseeable future. However the Gulf states don't have a particularly bright future either, now do they? Their downfall has started, and it will only get worse within a decade or two. Once Gulf money dries up, the USA will no longer care. They will still be in the region to protect Israel, but they won't care about the UAE or Saudi Arabia.

Egypt's best choice would be to work with Turkey, as together they could divide the eastern Mediterranean pie and also work together strategically for the future. The important part here is north Africa, as both nations could easily eliminate any threats in the region while also benefiting economically. It would make the most sense for both countries, but instead Egypt has become best friends with its former enemies (Israel and Cyprus). The problem for Egypt is that it'll be left on its own sooner or later, as Gulf money dries up. Then if Turkey and Israel fix relations post-Erdogan/Bibi then Egypt will become a target, the same way Turkey is right now. The only difference is that Turkey is fully capable of standing against the coalition that it is facing. Egypt won't be able to, as even its geography isn't suitable for such circumstances.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom