Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB3 should hava a more powerful engine for more load and little more wing area to make it possible for it to go above 30000ft at full load. It should also incorporate Meteksan’s “MilsarUavSar/Gmti Radar” . With it’s 27 km range this radar can see everything on the ground; day and night , whether there is cloud cover or not. It can differentiate between civilians and soldiers and slow moving or fast moving vehicles and be used as a fire control radar that guides missiles.
1603273618356.jpeg

this Synthetic Aperture radar can be another game changer for the UAV operations .

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB3 should hava a more powerful engine for more load and little more wing area to make it possible for it to go above 30000ft at full load. It should also incorporate Meteksan’s “MilsarUavSar/Gmti Radar” . With it’s 27 km range this radar can see everything on the ground; day and night , whether there is cloud cover or not. It can differentiate between civilians and soldiers and slow moving or fast moving vehicles and be used as a fire control radar that guides missiles.
View attachment 4606

this Synthetic Aperture radar can be another game changer for the UAV operations .
What you described called Anka-S around here.

You are welcome. 😎

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What you described called Anka-S around here.

You are welcome. 😎
Guest12, I am afraid it is not. Anka-s is a “Big” bird. Just compare the sizes of TB2 and AnkaS;
TB2 has a wingspan of 12 m with a length of 6.5 m And a take off weight of 650kg,
Anka-s has a wing span of 17.3 m with a length of 8 m and a take off weight of 1600kg.
TB3 should not detract too much from the original TB2. Instead of the 100hp Petrol motor, a diesel 115hp to 125hp motor would do the trick. All it needs is a tweak in it’s wing configuration to increase “lift” a little.
If it’s take off weight is around 850-900kg, it would suffice.
This would mean a useful load of 300kg .

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
If there will be a TB3, I think it will be more optimized and perfected version of TB2 with same body. Otherwise it is a different plane and there is no need for bigger one. Same body, more powerful engine (Local one), better payload, longer endurance and local subsystems like flir. While there is anka, aksungur, akıncı, karayel etc.. no need for bigger TB2 but may be improved one.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is part of the MIUS programme that Baykar was working on, I wouldn't mind seeing TB3 transform into a turbofan UCAV - granted it would lack loitering time - But make up for it for reaction time... It would compliment TB2 quite well I think..
ASELSAN-MISU-DRONE-SYSTEMS-RESIM-2.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If there will be a TB3, I think it will be more optimized and perfected version of TB2 with same body. Otherwise it is a different plane and there is no need for bigger one. Same body, more powerful engine (Local one), better payload, longer endurance and local subsystems like flir. While there is anka, aksungur, akıncı, karayel etc.. no need for bigger TB2 but may be improved one.
Cypro, that is exactly what I am saying! As a flir Milsar is a different animal! Operates even above clouds and in bad weather.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its just brainstorming but

Although Anka is also used for UCAV roles, main role of ANKA is intelligence

Main tactical UAS is TB2

TB2 is cheaper to operate, requires less crew, technicians etc.

sq_6y0kRV7d-X0DXp5OYm6bIvL97o4wDHGVNtQFJmsw6LYk64Qgsyg4HnmLQ14Xp8fyEpHMqm3I4K-d9qG3EYlavIFkvpx...jpg

TEI developing a engine called PG115

PG115 looks very similar to Rotax 194 (115hp), IAI Heron use which we currently have small number

TB2 uses Rotax 912 (100 hp)

TB2 with small modifications can use PG115, I believe.

Maybe army wants a tactical UAS with little more payload and cheaper than Anka (not in the same class as Anka)

New electronic subsystems, maybe enough to carry bigger small munitions (especially for anti-armor), EW pods etc.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
making Tb2 cheaper through production processes and more local content is the way to go. It is perfect right now and loosing one doesn't hurt the bank. ( one Tb2 costs around 2.5m dollars) Payloads will always be developed seperately that's another matter. Navy already operates ankas with aselsan sar radar which can detect surface objects 100s of miles away so capability is there. Göksungur will provide the fast interdiction capability. Cheap expendable drones providing targeting data and laser designation to laser guided munitions that's the future.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,153
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a good selection of engines that TAI are developing; there should be a vast selection of air platforms that utilizes them.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom