dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Videodan pek bir şey anlaşılmıyor ama sanırım TB2 düşürülmüş sonunda. Ve pek elektronik harp kaynaklı durmuyor. Bence füzelerin eskiliğinden dolayı füze sürekli rotasından sapıyor. elektronik harp uygulansa hiç güdümlenemezdi

Not much is clear from the video, but I think TB2 has been shot down at the end. And it doesn't look like electronic warfare. I think the missile is constantly deviating from its course due to the old age. if electronic warfare was applied it would not be able to be guided at all.

Mod edit: Added translation
I think with command guidance what the missile did is normal. Many tests of SAMs, especially Russian ones had this kind of zig-zag maneuver. And because the target is far away and missile is fast and slewed to the radar or optical sight, what is seen as left/right wobble of the missile is a longer and slightly curved path in 3d space. Same effect is seen in some MAM-L videos too. Probably the first or the second missile (is there another one in 0:30, before the third one?) caused damage and drone lost control...

E

Era_shield

Videodan pek bir şey anlaşılmıyor ama sanırım TB2 düşürülmüş sonunda. Ve pek elektronik harp kaynaklı durmuyor. Bence füzelerin eskiliğinden dolayı füze sürekli rotasından sapıyor. elektronik harp uygulansa hiç güdümlenemezdi

Not much is clear from the video, but I think TB2 has been shot down at the end. And it doesn't look like electronic warfare. I think the missile is constantly deviating from its course due to the old age. if electronic warfare was applied it would not be able to be guided at all.

Mod edit: Added translation
100% nonsense.

E

Era_shield

I think with command guidance what the missile did is normal. Many tests of SAMs, especially Russian ones had this kind of zig-zag maneuver. And because the target is far away and missile is fast and slewed to the radar or optical sight, what is seen as left/right wobble of the missile is a longer and slightly curved path in 3d space. Same effect is seen in some MAM-L videos too. Probably the first or the second missile (is there another one in 0:30, before the third one?) caused damage and drone lost control...
9K33 doesn't use a "zig zag" maneuver. It just looks like that due to a small amount of error in the guidance commands/calculated target position, which appear exaggerated due to the POV directly behind the missile and the narrow FOV. However, something is definitely messing with the radar lock. Can't tell if its jamming or the low RCS of the TB2 but this isn't how these engagements are supposed to go for the Osa. Also, none of the pictures of the fallen TB2s from Nogorno-Karabakh 2 showed shrapnel damage so it's unlikely that any of these missiles hit it.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It just looks like that due to a small amount of error in the guidance commands/calculated target position, which appear exaggerated due to the POV directly behind the missile and the narrow FOV.
=what is seen as left/right wobble of the missile is a longer and slightly curved in 3D space. You quoted me but actually I am saying the same thing, or if it was for further explanation then I agree with that too, happens with MAM-L a lot.

Don’t take “zig-zag” literally, I mean slight direction changes:

Last edited:

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Also, none of the pictures of the fallen TB2s from Nogorno-Karabakh 2 showed shrapnel damage so it's unlikely that any of these missiles hit it.
At the end of the video, TB2 seems to be losing altitude very fast. Regarding previously downed TB2s, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The video suggests it had an effect on TB2, if real we should not feel uncomfortable about losing an unmanned aircraft. There is no pilot in it and it fulfilled its objectives.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,153
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ömer Yıldız, Deputy General Manager of TUSAŞ UAV systems, said: "We also conducted a maximum flight test with AKSUNGUR. Our prototype aircraft, although slightly heavy, remained in the air for 49 hours. Our serial production planes will be a few hundred pounds lighter, so we aim to stay in the air for 60 hours with them. Our prototype aircraft, along with 12 MAM-L's, remained in the air for 28 hours. This will be extended for another two or three hours with our mass-production aircraft."

4 also announced that mass production of the UAV will end at the end of the year.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,706
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ömer Yıldız, Deputy General Manager of TUSAŞ UAV systems, said: "We also conducted a maximum flight test with AKSUNGUR. Our prototype aircraft, although slightly heavy, remained in the air for 49 hours. Our serial production planes will be a few hundred pounds lighter, so we aim to stay in the air for 60 hours with them. Our prototype aircraft, along with 12 MAM-L's, remained in the air for 28 hours. This will be extended for another two or three hours with our mass-production aircraft."

4 also announced that mass production of the UAV will end at the end of the year.
Let me correct the last paragraph if you don’t mind;
He also said that mass production will start before the end of the year for Aksungur.
The key point here is ; When the interviewer asked if only 28 Anka’s were delivered out of 75 ordered, if there are requests to convert the orders to Aksungur, Mr Yildiz concurred that it was the case and they were evaluating this request accordingly.
Another important point was, the top altitude of the aircraft to be 45000ft after making the craft lighter and fitting a new more powerful engine.
Most interesting is the fact that no new ground station is needed for Aksungur, if you already have Anka ground stations. Also Anka pilots only need an extra 10hour instruction to be qualified for Aksungur. Most avionics and equipment are of the same ilk as Anka. Therefore maintenance is no different once you are trained on Anka.
Also as per Anka-S , Aksungur has Satcom system installed.
Apparently Turkish Navy is already in the process of integrating Sonobuoys to Aksungur. Before the end of the year or even within next few months we should be in a position to be listening to sonobuoys.
I personally would like to see ORKA lightweight torpedoes being launched from this craft.

Last edited:

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I couldn't find it but I saw photo of IAI Heron with two electro-optic cameras on board. This could be an ideal configuration for urban and high intensity warfare where you have to recon, surveillance and target a lot of threats.

Modern cameras, sensors have a very high range. Such config can be used for on a platform like Aksungur which can stay in the air for long lenghts of time for intel missions. Ideal for anti-terror operations in deep territory.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wing Optimisations on Aksungur UCAV, it was previously said that improvements will be made to increase endurance from 49 hours to 60 hours.

E3MCF0dXEAI7nJC.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom