Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And the HIK radar carrier plane would probably be Akıncı which is the highest powered unmanned plane available.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,212
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Bayraktar TB3 UCAV, which is currently under development at the Baykar facilities, is a variant of the Bayraktar TB2 and is planned for the flagship-to-be vessel, according to open sources. Currently, there is limited official information on the design or the abilities of the Bayraktar TB3, while open sources suggest that it might be a medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) UAV, ranking between the Bayraktar TB2 and Baykar’s cutting-edge combat drone Akıncı.

According to the statements of Baykar's chief technology officer (CTO), Selçuk Bayraktar, the combat drones, including the Akıncı and Bayraktar TB3, will be powered by domestic engines manufactured by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) subsidiary TUSAŞ Engine Industries (TEI).

-------------------------------------

🤤 I hope TAI will be able to speed up the RiHA (Rotary-wing UAV) soon to deploy on the Anadolu too.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,105
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like how soon? In a month or within several months?
X-47B_operating_in_the_Atlantic_Test_Range_%28modified%29.jpg

Previously, TUSAŞ said it would surprise you. Now he's posted this picture. He said maybe tomorrow, maybe closer than tomorrow.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
X-47B is very large and subsonic.
Previous mentions of Göksungur included a small high speed target drone.

Logically it should be like Şimşek target drone that can be done in a short development time (1-2 years).
Something like X-47B is not realistic, should take years to develop.
Something in between could be in design phase but I don't expect it to be supersonic.

Of course I'm guessing and I hope I'm wrong and also I hope we don't see a launch like electric unmanned T-629.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,105
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
X-47B is very large and subsonic.
Previous mentions of Göksungur included a small high speed target drone.

Logically it should be like Şimşek target drone that can be done in a short development time (1-2 years).
Something like X-47B is not realistic, should take years to develop.
Something in between could be in design phase but I don't expect it to be supersonic.

Of course I'm guessing and I hope I'm wrong and also I hope we don't see a launch like electric unmanned T-629.
There was a new concept demonstration there. Now they're talking about UCAV taking off.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,377
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,212
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Göksungur, albeit Turkey's first supersonic aircraft, it's still just a target drone.

yusuf

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
we can not mimic high subsonic anti ship missiles with the şimşek target drone,we should improve it to have more than 400 knts.We can add another TJ 90 on it,with minimal structural changes,as ı realised in a british firm who make target drones goes same way

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom