CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria

Algeria cuts diplomatic ties with Morocco over ‘hostile actions’

Algeria’s Foreign Minister Ramdane Lamamra accuses Rabat of ‘hostile actions’ as Algiers breaks ties with its neighbour.

Morocco and Algeria have had strained relations for decades, mainly over the issue of Western Sahara [Farouk Batiche/AFP]

Morocco and Algeria have had strained relations for decades, mainly over the issue of Western Sahara [Farouk Batiche/AFP]
24 Aug 2021

Algeria is cutting diplomatic relations with Morocco, Foreign Minister Ramdane Lamamra said, accusing its neighbour of “hostile actions”.
Morocco and Algeria have had strained relations for decades, mainly over the issue of Western Sahara.
KEEP READING

Algeria blames groups it links to Morocco, Israel for wildfiresWhy did wildfires claim so many lives in Algeria?Algeria arrests 22 suspected arsonists over deadly blazes

“Algeria has decided to cut diplomatic relations with the Kingdom of Morocco from today,” Lamamra said at a news conference on Tuesday. “The Moroccan kingdom has never stopped its hostile actions against Algeria,” he said.

The cutting of diplomatic relations is effective from Tuesday but consulates in each country will remain open, Lamamra said.
Morocco’s Foreign Ministry could not be immediately reached for comment.

Algeria last week said lethal wildfires were the work of groups it has labelled “terrorist”, one of which it said was backed by Morocco.
The forest fires in Algeria, which broke out on August 9 amid a blistering heatwave, burned tens of thousands of hectares of forest and killed at least 90 people, including more than 30 soldiers.

Algerian authorities have pointed the finger for the fires at the independence movement of the mainly Berber region of Kabylie, which extends along the Mediterranean coast east of the capital, Algiers.

The authorities have also accused the Movement for Self-determination of Kabylie (MAK) of involvement in the lynching of a man falsely accused of arson, an incident that sparked outrage.

Algiers last week accused Rabat of supporting the MAK, which it classifies as a “terrorist organisation”.
“The incessant hostile acts carried out by Morocco against Algeria have necessitated the review of relations between the two countries,” a presidency statement said last week.

It also said there would be an “intensification of security controls on the western borders” with Morocco.
The border between Algeria and Morocco has been closed since 1994.

Algeria backs the Polisario movement that seeks independence for Western Sahara, which Morocco regards as part of its own territory.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Oh the Israeli's are at it again, causing trouble.
Israel in cahoots with Algeria's archenemy Morocco and local terrorists igniting fires in Algeria's mountains. Keeping in mind that Algeria is a vast country, the 10th largest country in the world with many mountainous areas.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Israel in cahoots with Algeria's archenemy Morocco and local terrorists igniting fires in Algeria's mountains. Keeping in mind that Algeria is a vast country, the 10th largest country in the world with many mountainous areas.
Do you know why Israel is doing this? I can understand Morocco, but what does Algeria have to do with Israel?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Do you know why Israel is doing this? I can understand Morocco, but what does Algeria have to do with Israel?
Morocco deny the claims that they ignited fires in algeria. Morocco was also ready to assist algeria with 2 firefight airplanes, but algeria rejected the help.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Making a long story short, Algeria is and always was a strong ally of the Palestinian freedom movement. 1) In the mid-70s Chairman Arafat was introduced by Algerian diplomats to the UN to give his historic speech to the World on behalf of Palestine. 2) In 1988, Algeria allowed on its soil the Palestinians to declare the creation of the Palestinian State, at the time when other Arab regimes wouldn't dare such audacity by fear of Israel. These two milestones and many others I won't mention here, make Algeria a staunch enemy for Israel.

I could also add that today, Algeria is the only country in the Arab world where the Palestinian flag is omnipresent in the streets of Algeria as well in its soccer stadiums. Other Arab regimes, particularly those who are normalizing with Israel, would absolutely not allow it .

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Making a long story short, Algeria is and always was a strong ally of the Palestinian freedom movement. 1) In the mid-70s Chairman Arafat was introduced by Algerian diplomats to the UN to give his historic speech to the World on behalf of Palestine. 2) In 1988, Algeria allowed on its soil the Palestinians to declare the creation of the Palestinian State, at the time when other Arab regimes wouldn't dare such audacity by fear of Israel. These two milestones and many others I won't mention here, make Algeria a staunch enemy for Israel.

I could also add that today, Algeria is the only country in the Arab world where the Palestinian flag is omnipresent in the streets of Algeria as well in its soccer stadiums. Other Arab regimes, particularly those who are normalizing with Israel, would absolutely not allow it .
The palestinians cause is in the hearts of many muslim countries however not all goverments. When it comes to the flag then this is something that is normal to be seen out there.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Morocco deny the claims that they ignited fires in algeria. Morocco was also ready to assist algeria with 2 firefight airplanes, but
The palestinians cause is in the hearts of many muslim countries however not all goverments. When it comes to the flag then this is something that is normal to be seen out there.
As someone who created this thread, I see your responses to my posts unfortunately as infant-like and present no value to me regarding the subject matters I wish to present in this forum. I however invite you to go propose your own threads and ideas to contribute better to this forum in a way that you see fit. Thank You.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Idk which cave you live in but saying that palestinian flags are only seen in algeria is a ignorant statement. You always see palestinian flags for example by ultras in fotball stadium. I know it dont present any value because you only interested to spread propaganda, im just thinking about the poor people that can get decieved by your lies. Dont forget allah is watching you👍

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom