Algeria-Morocco: towards the total rupture of diplomatic relations?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Surely the arab penninsula (KSA, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar etc.) shouldn't meddle either especially if they're meddling on behalf of US, France, UK, etc... ?
Interfere or meddle in which way? Can you be more specific bro?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,786
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interfere or meddle in which way? Can you be more specific bro?
Well we all know pretty much how the west exerts pressure. Economic means, arms embargo and such. You've likely seen/know how UAE and Egypt supportet Haftar in Libya.

How Tunisia's economic woes lead to cabinet getting fired. I believe that UAE/KSA are using the economic instability in these countries to push their own agenda. In Libya it was even worse as UAE pretty much didn't hide how much arms support was given to Haftar.

My question is if Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco (and Libya) who're I consider as the Mahgreb (IMO) are going to sort out their differences and disputes how welcoming are you to foreign interference ?

The support can come in many different ways. UAE uses money and financing, heck in Libya they literally transported them there.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Well we all know pretty much how the west exerts pressure. Economic means, arms embargo and such. You've likely seen/know how UAE and Egypt supportet Haftar in Libya.

How Tunisia's economic woes lead to cabinet getting fired. I believe that UAE/KSA are using the economic instability in these countries to push their own agenda. In Libya it was even worse as UAE pretty much didn't hide how much arms support was given to Haftar.

My question is if Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco (and Libya) who're I consider as the Mahgreb (IMO) are going to sort out their differences and disputes how welcoming are you to foreign interference ?

The support can come in many different ways. UAE uses money and financing, heck in Libya they literally transported them there.
I believe uae is much more aggresive in their approach then the saudis even if they are from the same «block». When it comes to your question then offcourse we would want to have our independent foreign policy. I belive that both morocco and algeria have independent foreign policies even if we are influenced by especially france. When it comes to morocco we remained neutral during the qatar crisis. We also got ourself of the yemen war, that displeased saudi. But morocco still have strong bonds and ties with the arab nations in general.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria

" if Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco (and Libya) who're I consider as the Maghreb (IMO) are going to sort out their differences" Diplomatic ties between Algeria and Morocco have been severed just two days ago, with 1000 km borders completely sealed. The commercial exchange between the two country completely interrupted. Take it from someone who knows, the relation between these two countries will not be restored anytime soon in the foreseeable future. For Algeria it is a situation of "lock the door and throw away the key" so to speak.

As for Algeria-Tunisia-Libya, the three countries are working as a team together to restore their mutual stability, with hardly any interference from Morocco at all. Morocco's normalization with Israel is an act that the North Africans, people and governments alike had rejected, which will have serious impact on Morocco's possibility of inclusion in the so called Maghreb Union in the future.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
" if Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco (and Libya) who're I consider as the Maghreb (IMO) are going to sort out their differences" Diplomatic ties between Algeria and Morocco have been severed just two days ago, with 1000 km borders completely sealed. The commercial exchange between the two country completely interrupted. Take it from someone who knows, the relation between these two countries will not be restored anytime soon in the foreseeable future. For Algeria it is a situation of "lock the door and throw away the key" so to speak.

As for Algeria-Tunisia-Libya, the three countries are working as a team together to restore their mutual stability, with hardly any interference from Morocco at all. Morocco's normalization with Israel is an act that the North Africans, people and governments alike had rejected, which will have serious impact on Morocco's possibility of inclusion in the so called Maghreb Union in the future.
Yh dont seem like that the ties will be restored soon unfortanely. As for your 3 countried excluding morocco is not a possibility. Morocco enjoy good ties with both tunisia and libya.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom