Algeria Urges Locals In Eastern Morocco to Evacuate Farms Before March 18

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
The problem is the people of the Falklands want the British. Ceuta and Melila want Spain. Gibraltar has the same problem the people want to be with Britain rather than Spain.

Its going to be hard to convince the people to join another country.

Ceuta and Melilla are not even Muslim majorities they are catholic. Muslims either had to convert, leave or get killed.

Spanish had these enclaves in Algeria until Ottoman Algeria kicked most of them out. Last one Oran was sold to the Dey because the Spanish can no longer hold the city due to multiple attacks and raids.
That's the crux of the matter in today's world and the Spanish are hypocritical when demanding Gibraltar back.The Russians had an easy time with Crimeea because, illegal as their occupation is, most of the population is pro Russian. The same with Northern Cyprus but that's not the case with Gibraltar, Ceuta, Melila, Falklands where local population wants the current status quo maintained.
A huge country like Indonesia couldn't hold on to a small patch of land like East Timor because the locals were totally against it.

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq
Actually, the visigots ruled over an allready Christianised Roman population,a population which generally got Christiniased peacefully, as it happened throughout the Roman Empire in the 3rd to 5th century and, as you know, current day Spaniards, be it they Basques, Castilians, Catalans, are certainly not a Germanic people.
Yes but the Arabs took Spain from the Germanic occupaters not from its native people

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,783
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the issue Algeria faces with regards to Morocco (as their historic enemy) can only be solved by social engineering. Reference China/Russia.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
I think the issue Algeria faces with regards to Morocco (as their historic enemy) can only be solved by social engineering. Reference China.
Besides their different political regimes, aren't the people pretty much similar? I could be way of the mark here...

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,783
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Besides their different political regimes, aren't the people pretty much similar? I could be way of the mark here...
Well, considering the issues could be related to tribes etc. politicians do have an interest in diversifying to claim power. Just look at Libya, for these countries nationalism is/should be at the forefront, but they're holding on to tribalism. It can only be changed with time, and with effort nothing comes easy.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
You should be grateful that I'm wasting my time schooling you, but this is me, always a giver.
There's only one answer to childish questions.....by International Law there are NO occupied territories in Morroco.

Guy asks for a Moroccan perspective. You're not Moroccan, and he already knows your position. I'm not sure how you're failing to grasp this. How many times does he have to ask lmao.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, considering the issues could be related to tribes etc. politicians do have an interest in diversifying to claim power. Just look at Libya, for these countries nationalism is/should be at the forefront, but they're holding on to tribalism. It can only be changed with time, and with effort nothing comes easy.

This is Africa, you cant eliminate tribalism its a way of life.

Its dominated the country for centuries. Even with European colonisation it did not eliminate tribalism but continued it.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Guy asks for a Moroccan perspective. You're not Moroccan, and he already knows your position. I'm not sure how you're failing to grasp this. How many times does he have to ask lmao.
Not my position....international one, the question he asks is about a non existing problem.On top of that, in his OP, he started his question by saying parts of Morocco are occupied by Spain, which is simply not true and must be corrected.

Last edited:

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
First of all, this is not a temporary decision and has nothing to do with the Coronavirus or the epidemiological situation in the region, as the Moroccan authorities want people to believe.
Algeria has for many years been very kind to the Moroccan population by allowing them to exploit these Algerian lands without any financial compensation or tax ... when these lands were in fact a vector for smuggling arms and Moroccan money to terrorist groups that were fighting the Algerian army in the 1990s.
Throughout these years, the Moroccan authorities have lied to their people by making them believe that these lands and the whole area were part of the Kingdom of Morocco, taking advantage of the silence of the Algerian authorities.
Now, with the deterioration of Moroccan-Algerian relations after the American recognition of the Moroccan Sahara - the Moroccan-Israeli normalization and the fear of any Israeli presence in the region - the law to legalize cannabis and the fear of drowning Algeria with morrocan cannabis ,all are the reasons which led the Algerian authorities to take back these lands under Algerian control.

And again, this decision has nothing to do with the internal political situation of the country, Algeria is a democratic country and the Algerian people have a high level of consciousness and he do not confuse the internal political conditions with the country's external interests.

The funny reality is that Morocco has deceived its people that this region is Moroccan land as the whole region of bechar and tindouf And the Moroccan army will defend the territorial integrity of the kingdom .. But today in their first test and movement of the Algerian army... Morocco not only renounces its claim in the region, but also renounces its citizens and their rights.
Moroccans We puted them to the test.

1- algerian moroccan borders are not delimited in an official way and the step that algeria did is a violation of ifrane agreements
2- u mix the area with figuig while while the one you're talking about is al arja (500 hectares) and taking over 500 hectares is not a big victory
3-violation of ifrane agreements means that according to experts Morocco might claim tindouf and bechar if border violations continue

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Isn't parts of Morocco still occupied by Spain? Surely their focus should be on the spanish occupiers before looking anywhere else?
It would be dumb to open another front while your neighbor might backstab you in the same time

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Valid point. So out of interest does the common Moroccan believe his land is occupied by Spain?
Yes every Moroccan knows that ceuta and melilla are occupied territories and it was always a part of mutual enmity between spain and morocco since middle ages and moroccan PM talked about regaining ceuta and mellila after fixing sahara issue so it's only a matter of time a front will be opened but not now

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Yes every Moroccan knows that ceuta and melilla are occupied territories and it was always a part of mutual enmity between spain and morocco since middle ages and moroccan PM talked about regaining ceuta and mellila after fixing sahara issue so it's only a matter of time a front will be opened but not now

I thought as much, generally non white people understand what a game international law is. When it serves anglo-saxon interests they apply it, when it doesn't they simply break it. As Turks we see how none of the west cares for international law when greeks, armenians or kurds make demands of our "sovereign" land.

I hope one day Turkey can help you liberate those lands. After all Spain was the country who created that nonsense Greek map claiming Turkish seas and they couldn't care less for international law, only for the EU to push it as if it was some kind of truth. I think its called the Seville map.

Its also why i don't ask for a europeans opinion on these issues, its the same tired crap over and over again. When it suits them, well they took it 500 years ago, when it doesnt suit them well the greeks were there before you a thousand years ago. Its just hypocrisy over and over again. I don't need to hear their opinions because its the same prejudiced nonsense that lets be honest we've all heard a thousand times before.

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
7 2,905
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
1- algerian moroccan borders are not delimited in an official way and the step that algeria did is a violation of ifrane agreements
2- u mix the area with figuig while while the one you're talking about is al arja (500 hectares) and taking over 500 hectares is not a big victory
3-violation of ifrane agreements means that according to experts Morocco might claim tindouf and bechar if border violations continue
The goal is not about how much we took from you .... The goal is to depopulat the area and expel the Moroccan population from it.. Now Moroccan citizens understand very well that this land are Algerian not Moroccan ones as moroccan authorities make them believe .
In front of the Moroccan people we have submitted the Moroccan kingdom to exam that Morocco is not only unable to fulfill or prove its claim in Tindouf and Bashar, but rather is unable even to protect and recover a single clod of earth that does not exceed a 800 hectares.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I thought as much, generally non white people understand what a game international law is. When it serves anglo-saxon interests they apply it, when it doesn't they simply break it. As Turks we see how none of the west cares for international law when greeks, armenians or kurds make demands of our "sovereign" land.

I hope one day Turkey can help you liberate those lands. After all Spain was the country who created that nonsense Greek map claiming Turkish seas and they couldn't care less for international law, only for the EU to push it as if it was some kind of truth. I think its called the Seville map.

Its also why i don't ask for a europeans opinion on these issues, its the same tired crap over and over again. When it suits them, well they took it 500 years ago, when it doesnt suit them well the greeks were there before you a thousand years ago. Its just hypocrisy over and over again. I don't need to hear their opinions because its the same prejudiced nonsense that lets be honest we've all heard a thousand times before.

This is why Spain should never be trusted.

I never knew the Seville map came from the Spanish. I know seville is a city in spain I thought that map just had its named slapped in by the EU.

When you look into it basically how the EU allows its members to steal Non-eu members EEZ.

They will scream international law when we do something to protect our interests but they themselves break the rules and laws they make themselves 🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom