Army Algerian Compact BMPT Terminator (modified T-62)

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,890
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Instead of letting their T-62s rust, Algeria is converting them into IFVs. They will be upgraded with Berezhok turrets (used on BMP-2M), Kontakt-5 ERA on the front, and Kontakt-ERA on the sides, as well as slat armor to the rear.

L

LegionnairE

Switching to an autocannon lets you get rid of the loader...

Turkey could do this with M48s

Korhan turret would be a suitable I think.

Though I am of firm belief that we need to develop a 50mm autocannon like XM-913

T

Turko

Though I am of firm belief that we need to develop a 50mm autocannon like XM-913
I'm fully supporting automatized vehicles, all innovations and New technologies.

Although I had also offered old m48s isto transform into IFVs, today i totally changed my mind.

The reasons Russians created BMPT is Russians have thousands of old tanks so it is the smart way to get rid of old craps.

Turkish Army has maximum 2000 MBT inventory which is very few numbers comparing red army. Russians might have 100.000 old tank inventory.

So your unmanned turret idea is great, but we should also produce new land vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

NumidianCavalry

Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria

What would a 50mm accomplish better than a 30mm autocanon ? I see both calibers playing in the same category, especially with HE amunitions

L

LegionnairE

What would a 50mm accomplish better than a 30mm autocanon ? I see both calibers playing in the same category, especially with HE amunitions

It is bigger, therefore better.

No need for much explanation really. More range, more kinetic energy, more everything.

WHILE maintaining rapid fire.

Perfect for next-gen IFVs such as Tulpar
Or an MBT conversion like the one shown here.

Last edited by a moderator:

NumidianCavalry

Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
It is bigger, therefore better.

No need for much explanation really. More range, more kinetic energy, more everything.

WHILE maintaining rapid fire.

Perfect for next-gen IFVs such as Tulpar
Or an MBT conversion like the one shown here.

Also, bigger caliber = bigger manufacturing and logistical costs, more weight and more storage space required so less rounds available in the vehicle.

Not to start another .50 cal kinda debate but If it doesn't give an advantage in armor piercing or range then it's not worth it.

L

LegionnairE

Also, bigger caliber = bigger manufacturing and logistical costs, more weight and more storage space required so less rounds available in the vehicle.

Not to start another .50 cal kinda debate but If it doesn't give an advantage in armor piercing or range then it's not worth it.

More than worth it, now that heavier armored APCs are becoming more common.

50mm would also make a higher altitude air defense gun. Ideal for taking out UAV swarms.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom