TR Altay Main Battle Tank & Related Programs

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Everybody knows what games happened so that Ethem Sancak (Erdogan's best buddy) could get the order, how Binali tried to bribe German firms. As a result project get delayed and Germans distanced themselves from the corrupt project

Not gonna argue with the certain people for 100th time. Like i said, go cry somewhere else.
Lmao "corrupt project", even Germans themselves admitted that the reason for the embargo was Turkiye's operations across the border in Syria. Anyways it is very clear you are a political mouthpiece for the opposition in Turkiye and not interested in any sort of rational thinking or defence analysis. So I won't waste any more time with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everybody knows what games happened so that Ethem Sancak (Erdogan's best buddy) could get the order, how Binali tried to bribe German firms. As a result project get delayed and Germans distanced themselves from the corrupt project

Not gonna argue with the certain people for 100th time. Like i said, go cry somewhere else.
Dude, For God's Sake, can you tell me how Otokar would get the power group if it were the winner instead of BMC? I am just wondering about the answer to this question. I agree it was a corrupt decision; I agree it should be Otokar; I agree Ethem Sancak must die, but I only have one question how Otokar was supposed to get the MT883 Ka-500 engine along with the HSWL 295TM transmission. This is the only question I need to answer.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Do you have a source for these claims? Or are you saying without a source? Because these are very hard blame.

At that time, I was a person who followed the defense industry. I haven't heard or read any of the topics you mentioned.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,937
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Tender is full of corruption but dont forget how the Germans slapped an embargo which made things worse.

You can look at all sides and call it out rather than the usual blame Erdogan game.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,935
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
The Ukrainian general said in the past that what stopped him conducting more strikes against Russian positions was a lack of tanks. Unless you are changing the style of war completely i don't see anything better then a tank at conducting quick strikes to take a position. Naturally since these weapons are at the forefront of any offensive ground operations many are going to get smoked.

If you control the skies everything on the ground is vulnerable, not just tanks. I think active protection measures that can also defend against UAV strikes could bring back the primacy of the tank in ground operations.

But as we things like drones becoming more prevalent, the aim for any serious army should be to dominate the skies. Once you control the skies it doesn't really matter what's on the ground.

Tanks play a critical role in the Ukrainian/Russian war because neither side has been able to dominate the skies.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akkar can probably be used to protect other systems like unmanned surface vehicles and helicopters too.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,699
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Avanti

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Trophy and iron fist APSs do that. In fact, such counter measures theoritically have greater chance against top attacks.
I don't know if top attacks were ever mentioned in connection to trophy but from placement of radars and launchers it seems unlikely to protect from top attack missiles to me

babayetu

Reactions
2 109
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know if top attacks were ever mentioned in connection to trophy but from placement of radars and launchers it seems unlikely to protect from top attack missiles to me

If you are saying Javelin-like missile might approach at such an angle that it is not tracked by the radar, they could easily place the radars in such configuration if needed. I think it just works fine cause if i remember correctly dutch really evaulated Trophy and decided to procure a lot.
Such as this radar placement could easily solve that.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
32 1,915
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Advertising Trophy as a solution against top-attack missiles is a bold claim that is unproven yet. Afaik the integrated sensors of Rheinmetall’s StrikeShield cover better angles vs top-attacks, but their countermeasure is insufficient against Javelin- or Spike-type ATGM.

A quick overview of Israeli and European (also Turkish Pulat and Akkor) APS in these articles:

babayetu

Reactions
2 109
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Advertising Trophy as a solution against top-attack missiles is a bold claim that is unproven yet. Afaik the integrated sensors of Rheinmetall’s StrikeShield cover better angles vs top-attacks, but their countermeasure is insufficient against Javelin- or Spike-type ATGM.

I'm not the expert on this subject. It is my understanding with limited technical capability there is literally 0 difference between a horizontal, top or in between attack. The trajectory of the missile is in all 3 forms quite close to each other, radar detects it nearly 50 meters away and intercepts at 10-30meters. At this point the missile is not on top of the armed vehicle. It is just at a little higher altitude, it doesnt do the diving move at this point.
As you can see here. The the point of detection and shooting to hard kill is in ms.

Other than that it is not really me claiming, i have seen quite a lot of articles claiming it counters all ATGMs in fact non of them mention top attack as a technical challenge, also a lot of them mentioning specifically 360 degrees.It is mostly about APFSDSs being hard to counter.

When it comes to combat proven as in actual combat i dont think it is that possible in the near future most top attack atgms being western made dont think hezbullah or hamas getting one, well who knows.

I could be wrong tho, maybe someone that has expertise on this enlighten me.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The success of the AKKOR
tank active protection system project is more important news than building a tank.

In my opinion, all armored platforms without active protection systems such as Akkor on battlefields where there are many types and numbers of advanced anti-tank guns are nothing more than target boards.

Incandescent should be applied to all platforms. to vehicles such as wheeled and tracked apc, afv, Kirpi. If possible, both incandescent and pulat systems should be used together in armored vehicles that will be in active combat.

Because today a tank costs as high as 13 million dollars. In the end, you save your money. Also, the battle is won as the enemy destroys your platforms, if your platforms cannot be hit and destroyed, the enemy will be defeated in logic. For this reason, I think the use of double active protection system should be evaluated at least in Altay tanks.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,524
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Ukrainian general said in the past that what stopped him conducting more strikes against Russian positions was a lack of tanks. Unless you are changing the style of war completely i don't see anything better then a tank at conducting quick strikes to take a position. Naturally since these weapons are at the forefront of any offensive ground operations many are going to get smoked.

If you control the skies everything on the ground is vulnerable, not just tanks. I think active protection measures that can also defend against UAV strikes could bring back the primacy of the tank in ground operations.

But as we things like drones becoming more prevalent, the aim for any serious army should be to dominate the skies. Once you control the skies it doesn't really matter what's on the ground.

Tanks play a critical role in the Ukrainian/Russian war because neither side has been able to dominate the skies.

Well we get the opportunity to see how western tanks will fare. All we have to do is watch closely and learn, it will be very educative

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 964
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
" While Aselsan is confident Akkor will provide protection against top-attack munitions and it has achieved a success rate of over 95% in tests, the company is also looking at how the system can be adapted to provide defence against unmanned aerial vehicles. "

Source : https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...al&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-70529694
-Will be great to attach this Akkor In helicopters and Aircrafts .
I know Akkor itself can demage the aircraft when blow up but better than direct hit from SAMs .

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom