TR Altay Main Battle Tank & Related Programs

T

Turko

I would like to revise my opinion, we will have to avoid Active Protection Systems of enemies against our STAs ATGMs so we must have balanced combination of MBT/STA.

Just MBTs 120mm powerful ammunition can defeat APS . Especially 130mm new ammunition is interesting .

Would it be useful compact tanks with decent armour and with unmanned 130mm turret?
İnstead of 60 ton one heavy MBT ( 4 crew -40p 120mm rounds- 1500hp powerpack) two Medium weight tanks (130mm 20 rounds- 1200hp powerpack- 2 or 3 crew)??

Last edited by a moderator:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
It kinda makes sense as Russia would be more interested in pushing forward capturing land and holding it as fast as possible with Air support and since they have nukes an all out war doesn't seem realistic. Which kinda means Russia will be able to grab and hold on to whatever they can get.

Remember Sovjet died because of the economy.
No, that's not really guaranteed. Russian attack doctrine requires either complete subjugation of the opposition from Step 1 or else charging so far ahead past their front lines that they'll be forced to retreat their forces to cover their rear positions. It's a very delicate strategy and if they fail to achieve overwhelming dominance or get baited into a trap, they are f***ed.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
For the blitzkreig to work they have to have the numbers. Its all about using numbers in a rapid way to overwhelm the enemy like ants.

Russians know how to use numbers to their advantage.
No. All Russians need to do is concentrate overwhelming power at one or several particular weak points and break through to achieve the desired effect. You don't need overwhelming numbers for that, just use your existing manpower well.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably with the power packs we already have. It is good news it means BMC gained the ability to produce the Altay tank. It took roughly 3 years for them from November 2018 to December 2021.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Probably with the power packs we already have. It is good news it means BMC gained the ability to produce the Altay tank. It took roughly 3 years for them from November 2018 to December 2021.

Well it would have been foolish to initiate production and then stop it again after a few units bcs of no power pack. Altay has been an unfortunate affair but hopefully the troubles are coming to an end.

M

Manomed

Well it would have been foolish to initiate production and then stop it again after a few units bcs of no power pack. Altay has been an unfortunate affair but hopefully the troubles are coming to an end.
I hope so because It is a solid tank with those anti atgm systems etc

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope so because It is a solid tank with those anti atgm systems etc

Now imagine Altay, Upgraded Leo 2s, M60 Sabras, MT Kaplan along with apcs and ifvs like Pars and Tulpar!!

Now thats a formidable armoured squad.

While the old m60s and old m48s will be retired for good.

M

Manomed

Now imagine Altay, Upgraded Leo 2s, M60 Sabras, MT Kaplan along with apcs and ifvs like Pars and Tulpar!!

Now thats a formidable armoured squad.

While the old m60s and old m48s will be retired for good.
1639181632380.png

sexy beast

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope you guys are right, but everything can go from bad to worse (and it seems to go that way). As you know RTE screws over the economy every second he draws breath. Him dying from heart attack would be a miracle from Allah c.c. as long as it doesn't happen too late.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope you guys are right, but everything can go from bad to worse (and it seems to go that way). As you know RTE screws over the economy every second he draws breath. Him dying from heart attack would be a miracle from Allah c.c. as long as it doesn't happen too late.
You are asking for demise of Turkey, such a shame.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
You are asking for demise of Turkey, such a shame.
I think he was implying the opposite, that Erdogan dropping from a heart attack would save Turkey.

Not that it's ever going to happen. Presidents, prime ministers and kings have access to top of the line medical care that the rest of us peasants can only dream of.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I thought Turkey was completely blocked from having German power packs, were there some left over?
Turkey had a few German engines from the beginning but they were really numbered to actually manufacture decent number of tanks; I heard that it was around 12 or so (not sure though)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Save
I think he was implying the opposite, that Erdogan dropping from a heart attack would save Turkey.

Not that it's ever going to happen. Presidents, prime ministers and kings have access to top of the line medical care that the rest of us peasants can only dream of.
Praying for death of elected Turkish president is despicable.
His absence would be the beginning of the end of the soon to be superpower Turkey.
Asking for such an end is heinous.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Turkey had a few German engines from the beginning but they were really numbered to actually manufacture decent number of tanks; I heard that it was around 12 or so (not sure though)
Ah, I see. So this is just to see if all the other parts run OK before the South Korean power packs are introduced.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom