TR Altay Main Battle Tank & Related Programs

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Room for several hundred, not in the thousand range.
Don't you guys need tanks in a large number to counter Indian threat?
I have heard from a BD YouTuber that altay would cost around 13 million each, that's will make it one of the most expensive tank in the world afaik.
Regarding the economic issue, both Pakistan and Bangladesh will have a bright economic future. Pakistan was the most prosperous region in the subcontinent, it's a matter of time Pakistan will come back, better and stronger than before.
In 1972, we didn't have any money so Egypt donated us 44 used tanks. Today our GDP is equal to Egypt.
So let em underestimate us, in the end, we will always come back.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altay mass production work continues rapidly. Contracts are being signed with subsystem manufacturers, the design and installation of the production line continues. Those who look forward to seeing both Domestic and MTU engines will be happy.

Curious to see if MTU is really going to deliver. Political landscape in Germany right now is not exactly Turkey friendly right now.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,999
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly I hope the Altay tank can be played in the latest battlefield game that is coming.

Seriously its the only chance I will get to enjoy it.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altay mass production work continues rapidly. Contracts are being signed with subsystem manufacturers, the design and installation of the production line continues. Those who look forward to seeing both Domestic and MTU engines will be happy.

Do we have any other source?
I don't like to diminish Tayfun Erdil, but have not seen credible predictions from him. It looks like he likes to make up things.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,953
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
That guy claims every few months something different, engine ready, engine too heavy canceled, engine deal signed with unknown country...

Topan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How tank in this era defending against atgm with range 10 km or more and drone attack. Tank range attack just 4 - 5 km. Can aps become solution, if not i think build tank is useless.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
How tank in this era defending against atgm with range 10 km or more and drone attack. Tank range attack just 4 - 5 km. Can aps become solution, if not i think build tank is useless.

Ths argument again. Tanks are still very usefull in the modern era and can perform a diverse range of roles to stay relevant, we have seen them as close support vehicles in Syria for example. Having even an old M60 in the field put a lot of pressure and threat to an enemy. Yeah APS should start becoming an industry standard but even without them its not like Tanks will be phased out anytime soon.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,831
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Means, tanks should not operate without air-cover systems (Korkut/Hisar-A+) and an Hardkill + Softkill system. Not to mention, first step must always be air sovereignty.

S

Sinan

Ths argument again. Tanks are still very usefull in the modern era and can perform a diverse range of roles to stay relevant, we have seen them as close support vehicles in Syria for example. Having even an old M60 in the field put a lot of pressure and threat to an enemy. Yeah APS should start becoming an industry standard but even without them its not like Tanks will be phased out anytime soon.
Yeah, i think the same.

Maybe, in this context we can say that in the modern battlefield. Air Superiority decides the battle.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
did leo2 modernization start or is it still in the prototyping phase?
BMC was given the work to modernize leo2a4 tanks. Of the approximately 350 tanks in inventory, first phase consists of modernising 85 tanks. It is being done albeit a little quietly. First batch will contain 40 tanks.
Roketsan is responsible for the armour modernisation.
Although initially no information was released , during Minister Akar’s visit it was revealed that Roketsan had done quite a bit of work.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Dead project. They should just come out and say what every insider and expert has known for the last two years now.

No need for the charades anymore. If this tank was anywhere near to be serial produced in the next 3 years they wouldn't invest money into modernizing the L2A4 on hand. Instead of dropping the project one day and announcing the purchase of several tanks from a third party and trying to bury the project they should own their mistakes, but they won't.

We will just continue giving a company, that has no experience in these areas, strategic projects (Tank engine development/production, tank production, jet engine development/production) which they will fuck up beyond repair and the one suffering will be our Armed Forces having to use tech from the 60s and 80s in theaters. And some people will continue gaslighting you even tho years pass and failures stack up one on another so high you can't even see the other side anymore. Thank god for FNSS, TAI,Aselsan, Bayraktar and Otokar. Companies that actually produce results even if some of them not always to the expected level.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,999
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was looking forward to the Altay what a fcking waste to be honest.

We might as well go to war with T34s because thats what those m60s.

Honestly get the Abrams tank rather have them than some m60s.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Huge setback, maybe time for Ukraina to step in in thaat program, of course if national pride allows to consider it because lot of years and respurces aready spent on it

Top Bottom