Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
8 856
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
Issue was that there ARE two separate OFFICIAL information about "power pack integration process "

1. They said test on Altay tank are almost finish and THERE ARE ISSUE with power pack. Even more they said that power pack transmission FAILED and there are workshop is going on to analysis how this can be overcome.
Government officials said at that time that result is BAD and FAIL.

2. At present government officials saying another things about Korean "power pack integration will be used and integrated to initial Altay production"
Both information contradict each other!?

So at moment I personally have some Reservation about all information Said . Lets wait and see what will happend
I am not ignoring the capabilities of Turkey's engineers, but it is impossible to carry out this power pack integration process independently in Turkey. This may sound offensive, but Turkish engineers have no experience in integrating the 1500hp power pack. Engineers from Hyundai Rotem and transmission developer SNT Dynamics are currently working on Altay's power pack integration process. I can't reveal the detailed source of this content here because the korean reporter who provided the source for me mentioned that it was embargo.

Hyundai Rotem participated in the design of Altay, and it is because they know the best about Korean engines and transmissions. Since Otokar, the developer of the Altay, was excluded from production and further development, it is now Hyundai Rotem that knows best about the structure of the Altay. To be sure, the BMC does not currently have the ability to perform this process independently. As you say, we will see if there are any problems with this integration process and how to solve it. There is no affirmation or denial here.

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Ismail Demir: "We have applied Altay technology to the tanks we have. The capabilities of our tanks are no longer the same as they were 5-6 years ago."
He first answer the failing of Altay project and handing over Arifiye to BMC!! Now he thinks applying some modernization,which should have been applied to our tanks 10 years ago and even Leo modernization waits decision, will take their failings away!!
All will answer questions when the time comes!! Especially Altay deal and Arifiye hand over! If necessary, state will freeze all money of Ethem Sancak who made millions thx to this Arifiye hand over!!

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
yeah, acc to claims aselsan pulat aps will be added.
If Pulat apc is to be installed on Leo 2 tanks, the tanks are fully protected from the sides, front and rear. But can the upper side be defended? How defensible.

Leo 2 tanks with Pulat apc Can they cope with a Javelin anti armoue missile? Aselsan should prepare AKKOR Apc as soon as possible.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
If Pulat apc is to be installed on Leo 2 tanks, the tanks are fully protected from the sides, front and rear. But can the upper side be defended? How defensible.

Leo 2 tanks with Pulat apc Can they cope with a Javelin anti armoue missile? Aselsan should prepare AKKOR Apc as soon as possible.
I recently talked with a Leo2 tanker and he confirmed Pulat APS

You can also install Pulat APS vertically against top attack but to my knowledge TSK didn't install any of them vertically

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I have not seen that Pulat Apc is used vertically. M60tms didn't have it.

But now many anti-tank missiles have the ability to attack from above. Therefore, if the Pulat Apc can be used vertically, it should be applied quickly.

However, in the vertical use of Pulat Apc, personnel cannot open the top covers and travel outside while the tank is in motion. Just in case the apc starts and explodes.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
In my opinion, what SSB İsmail Demir said as the owner of the Altay Tank is the latest situation.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
In some forums, it was stated that in the tests conducted on the K2 with the Korean power group in their country, there was no problem with the engine, and the drivetrain did not meet the desired operating hours criteria.

It was written that the Korean power group would be brought to our country, that it would be overhauled by our teams before the tests, that the correction would be made, that the active working hours would be increased, and that it would be mounted on the Altay tank and tested.

In other words, it was interpreted that the powertrain business would turn into a kind of joint project.

Of course, these are not official information!!!

Maybe the Presidency of Defense Industry, User and Technical committees have considered the transmission working time sufficient for now and accepted the product. Until a new product is found or made.!!!

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

I do remember that we’re working on a 105mm ourselves because cockeril doesn’t have export license to us. But it’s a first I hear it was going to be mounted on Leo 1
I mentioned this before in somewhere If this type of unmanned 105mm Turret developed locally, it can be fitted to Leo 1s, Kaplan MT (for marines), M60s or M48s (instead of upgrading them fully) and of course 8x8s like Pars. I would be surprised if they were not working on this since the Kaplan project started. Korhan turret could be the basis.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,502
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
As I see it the Land Forces are left out in favor of the Navy and Air Force.

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mentioned this before in somewhere If this type of unmanned 105mm Turret developed locally, it can be fitted to Leo 1s, Kaplan MT (for marines), M60s or M48s (instead of upgrading them fully) and of course 8x8s like Pars. I would be surprised if they were not working on this since the Kaplan project started. Korhan turret could be the basis.

I believe Aselsan working on a turret. Nail Kurt from FNSS mentioned something like that when he is explaining the Kaplan project.(Mete Yarar did a video last year with him). They only provided the chasis to Indonesia due to Aselans turret wasn't ready at the time. So we can assume that it is in the works.

But we didn't see any pictures of it and we are still showing Cockerill turret on our vehicles so I guess it is nowhere near ready. Considering Aselsan already have too much on their plate the project might be very down on the priority list.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,724
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I see it the Land Forces are left out in favor of the Navy and Air Force.
Lets think a little bit.

Land Forces are FINE. Why?
- Soldiers have local made equipment already up to date.
- Land Vehicles are up to date. One exception Altay tank
- Rockets up to date , Missiles are almost finished
Question: Whats make you that Land Force is left?

On other side Navy is already challenged :
- by greece supported with usa
- by egypt buying more and more boats. We know that they have some agreement with greece
- by france and germany. They keep coming to our boarder and applied Blockeds
- others

So Navy must be primary favor

About Air force Turkiye already made products used by Air force.
Turkiye air force also is challenged. As usual greece, but new players are also here (russian, Arabs, UAE, usa, france)

Turkiye already produce Strategic and Critical products. Making Turkiye independent and decrease other having remote control of platforms.
This products bellow were critical but Turkiye able to make them.
- Own IFF system. It is vary important product
- All sub system for Navigation, Communication, Detection, EO warefare , EW warfare, Missiles (air to ground, air to air, specific missiles), UAV
- One network for all
- Own fighter on the way

So conclusion is that Navy -> Air force are and have to be primary focus.

Our Land Force is fine for now. I am not saying that development should be decreased but they are up to date

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are there any (non-amphibious) armored combat vehicles or MBTs other than ZAHA within the naval infantry structuring plans of the navy command? One of the best answers in the Aegean would be to enlarge the brigade-level marines unit and include an armored brigade inside it. I hope what you said will come true, you have underlined a very necessary issue. Our landing craft inventory and structring are well suited to this type of unit organization.

M

Manomed

Are there any (non-amphibious) armored combat vehicles or MBTs other than ZAHA within the naval infantry structuring plans of the navy command? One of the best answers in the Aegean would be to enlarge the brigade-level marines unit and include an armored brigade inside it. I hope what you said will come true, you have underlined a very necessary issue. Our landing craft inventory and structring are well suited to this type of unit organization.
Marines have kobra IIs both amphibious and non amphibious plus acv-15s they have obsolote stuff but Indivual marines are equipped very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1664441851248.png

1664441875296.png

Follow us on social media