Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Frankly I don't know why Turkey keeps holding on to the S-400s, they are not even activated yet (4 years after purchase) and the F-35 would be, despite my issues with how bloated the program is, a vastly better investment. The S-400 wouldn't be able to protect Turkish mainland from any significant threats anyway. I'm 90% sure it was bought because Russia has blackmail material on Erdogan and AKP considering it happened soon after after Turkey shot down the Russian jet in late 2016.

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
Yes, even S400 is debatable if detected the specific aircrafts because of the Spectra system(Rafale) and the Material(F35).
Theoretically these aircrafts should be able to counter s300/s400 systems

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Theoretically these aircrafts should be able to counter s300/s400 systems
S300 with out any doubt, can easily count from the specific aircrafts, actually is a 90s old system .
As regards S400, we'll see it soon, specially when Greek Rafale will operate in the Aegean and in Cyprus, when they have to face the Turkish S400.

Kansei

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Fake news. If sometehing like that really happened it would explode everywhere and none of the usual defence news website have covered it. Trust me some of the websites are actively seeking anti-american news and the fact that even they didn't cover it means it's definetely fake news. Heck if Mitsotakis really supposedly "responded" publicly to this you would see this everywhere.

cokekoalas

Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Just stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years back. What a trip down memory lane, huh? The S-300 saga was quite the heated topic, wasn't it? Greece was really between a rock and a hard place with Uncle Sam on one side and their own defense strategy on the other.

Top Bottom