Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,732
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing so far on the dimensions I believe.
An article on savunmasanayist gave the dimensions for kamikaze version of Şimşek at about 3 meters, iirc. I think we can take a guess at its dimension, more or less, from that and this photo.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Now that we've seen it in real life, anybody want to guess what is what on top of the fuselage? What does the darker shade black rectangle do? In the model photo, it was circular.

What do we really know about Anka-3? Yes, it's a flying wing UCAV, specs we have is that it weighs 7 tons(MTOW?) and can go mach 0.7, well short of transonic area. Nothing so far on the dimensions I believe. It will be low observable as we can see but how will that be achieved? For one, on the top of the fuselage I don't see any serrated/saw tooth edges. Is this the design or just how the prototype will look?

Obvisouly this is the first prototype. Design fine turning and build quality will incrementally improve

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
SOM cruise missiles and AKBABA will definitely be launchable from the Anka-3 in the future.
SOM may be too heavy, we need more details on the internal weapon bays. Downside of internal weapons bays is you have limited space and reduced weight capacity.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,683
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Frhb1bmX0AELomY

Slowly we are getting there.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,233
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
OK, now we get to the questions:
  1. How costly is ANKA-III? I really wonder the ballpark figure.
  2. How many do we need, realistically?
  3. How much can they steal roles from F-16? We need to conserve those hours.
  4. Where do you guys think that this will see its first combat?
  5. What is the range?
  6. Can we fly them over Athens just for shits and giggles?
So many unanswered questions...

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not sure a SOW like that would be the best choice of weapon for this drone. Cakir seems like it could be a good choice, but in a total war scenario it would in my opinion be better to save standoff weapons for less stealthy platforms and instead use JDAM/LGB for this drone.

If anything recent wars tell us, you can stockpile as much PGB as you think you could need and that would still never be enough.
My expectations are not so much from this drone for the begginning.I just want it to be the wingman of the TFX while air to ground bombing.And for this HGK / KGK / LHGK is enough. For the future it might use Akbaba anti-radiation missile for the SEAD/DEAD.But if this drone can be stealthy enough...

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
My expectations are not so much from this drone for the begginning.I just want it to be the wingman of the TFX while air to ground bombing.And for this HGK / KGK / LHGK is enough. For the future it might use Akbaba anti-radiation missile for the SEAD/DEAD.But if this drone can be stealthy enough...
If its stealthy enough it will be able to operate in contested airspace much easier than non-stealthy Tukish air force assets.

I saw this on the wiki page of the F-117 and although Desert Storm was thirty years ago it is still relevant.

 "In their Desert Storm white paper, the USAF stated that "the F-117 was the only airplane that the planners dared risk over downtown Baghdad" and that this area was particularly well defended."

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,683
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many things will continue to be undisclosed in the following days, weeks, and months. Stay tuned. Expect development in the missiles and munitions.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First, a rain of decoy&jammer Uavs will turn the radar image of the enemy line into a fairground. Then, Anka-3s, together with interceptor drones like KE, will start clearing the area. In other words, the foe elements will have much bigger and more serious problems even before they reach&identify the MMU. Complete horror story.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,307
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom