Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar believes KE will be superior to F35 in the future. Maybe TAI can help Baykar with some expertise. We need to use TAIs ressources as efficiently as possible to make sure that Anka 3, Hurjet and TF-X becomes successes.
with that engine and questinoable counter measure systems I doubt that Its power output is nothing near F35

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,136
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This was the one I saw (and proportions seem OK to me). Maybe we can expect a bigger version after TEI progresses with their engine projects
Prototype where these relevant parameters will be tested and they can get a base measure for themselves. Not much. The actual prototype is probably still waiting for the engine. It is necessary to wait for a TF-6000 or a foreign turbofan engine. Currently, I don't think it has a powerful enough engine to prove its maturity on a scale-based basis. I don't think the ultimate goal of the project is to fly with a Akbaba under the wing. The scale of UCAV among internal stations will be very small. If there will be no internal station, it means that there is no point in bringing stealth technologies to the fore.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
with that engine and questinoable counter measure systems I doubt that Its power output is nothing near F35

It is known that KE will get more powerful engines in the future. Even a dual engine KE is planned.

What do you know of its counter measure systems?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Prototype where these relevant parameters will be tested and they can get a base measure for themselves. Not much. The actual prototype is probably still waiting for the engine. It is necessary to wait for a TF-6000 or a foreign turbofan engine. Currently, I don't think it has a powerful enough engine to prove its maturity on a scale-based basis. I don't think the ultimate goal of the project is to fly with a Akbaba under the wing. The scale of UCAV among internal stations will be very small. If there will be no internal station, it means that there is no point in bringing stealth technologies to the fore.
This one has 2 IWBs. It is not as small you think, while it was in production it took me a while to walk by it.

As i said, until TEI produces something more powerful (than a AI-322/TF-6000), this is the one we got.

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
also testing the aesa radar on akıncı might be the most questionable thing ever that thing can't power the aesa radar In Its full power we need a c-295 I get it baykar needs to get pr etc but F16 AESA is more Important than baykar pr

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1679181489265.png

Look at the worksmanship on KE vs ANKA-3
1679181519018.png

It tells everything

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It lacks the anti electronic warfare systems of the F35 or any other passive and active protections any jet has.

You don't know that. Future KE blocks might have very capable systems. Truth is we don't know a lot about KE. You're basing your assumptions on the first prototype.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,313
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Agha Sher Baykar's confidence is always appreciated and I can understand why they would say that.

But seriously speaking, there is no comparison between whatever model of KE and F-35. ( they meant for different role and different purposes. )

However, we can have a meaningful discussion if try to compare TFX against F-22 and F-35.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
View attachment 55094
Look at the worksmanship on KE vs ANKA-3
View attachment 55095
It tells everything

Not a fair comparison. As I mentioned yesterday, Baykar and TAI have different philosophies. Baykar utilizing hardware rich fast iterations like SpaceX while TAI is a more established company with a lot more thoroughness and refinement before going to hardware.

Anyways - we should be routing for both companies. Both are important for Turkiye's future.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
@Agha Sher Baykars confidence is always appreciated and I can understand why they would say that.

But seriously speaking, there is no comparison m between whatever model of KE and F-35. ( they meant for different role and different purposes. )

However, we can have a meaningful discussion if try to compare TFX against F-22 and F-35.

People said the same about TB2. Look how a tactical UAV decided several wars and took out some of the most advanced military equipment. Nobody had ever imagined TB2 could overcome Russia's most advanced EW - It took Baykar less than a week to do that! Never underestimate a fast-moving and radically innovating company. Otherwise you might end up like the dinosaurs.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,136
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This one has 2 IWBs. It is not as small you think, while it was in production it took me a while to walk by it.

As i said, until TEI produces something more powerful (than a AI-322/TF-6000), this is the one we got.
1.png

Dude, look at the photo(ANKA-3) again. There's no room for an inside station in this UCAV. Even the Şimşek kamikaze UAV in hand carries it out of the wings. The Çakır medium-range anti-ship missile has a length of 3.3 meters, even without a engine. There is no point in using Çakır without a engine. So the inner station of this UCAV cannot be smaller than 4.1 m.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,549
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 55097

Dude, look at the photo(ANKA-3) again. There's no room for an inside station in this UCAV. Even the Şimşek kamikaze UAV in hand carries it out of the wings. The Çakır medium-range anti-ship missile has a length of 3.3 meters, even without a motor. There is no point in using Çakır without a motor. So the inner station of this UCAV cannot be smaller than 4.1 m.
FYI Fixed-wing aircraft don't need boosters to launch Çakır.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,136
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
FYI Fixed-wing aircraft don't need boosters to launch Çakır.
3.3 m still means a very large inland station. Because you still have to bury the station inside the UAV so that it does not disturb the geometry. In this case, an area of more than 3.3 m must be available. Even when I look at the main body right now, I only see so much.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,313
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
People said the same about TB2. Look how a tactical UAV decided several wars and took out some of the most advanced military equipment. Nobody had ever imagined TB2 could overcome Russia's most advanced EW - It took Baykar less than a week to do that! Never underestimate a fast-moving and radically innovating company. Otherwise you might end up like the dinosaurs.
'Most advanced Russian EW' is a flawed terminology. I mean come on, Russia is considerably worse in terms of electronics when compared to Turkey.

Besides, TB- 2 TECHNICALLY speaking didn't do anything which was practically impossible. ( Yes it was pretty impressive nonetheless. )

However, with KE there are some technical constrain if try to compare with F-35.

Even a two engine version of KE won't generate electricity power similar to F135. Nor do I expect Baykar or anybody to come up right now with an ICP comparable to latest generation ICP ( developed by Harris ) for F-35 block 4.

I mean, even the current TFX's ICP ( developed by Tubitak ) is not yet comparable to F-35 block 3s ICP, Let alone KE. ( however, we know Tubitak promised to develop more advanced variants of the ICP in the near future )

That is of course not to say KE wouldn't be an excellent platform. However comparing KE with F-35 is comparing Apple with orange. Different platforms for different roles.

There is some other critical aspect I could talk about too. but right now I am really tired.

If @Gary is interested, maybe he can help us to shed more lights on the topic.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
MIUS Ke is the Turkish Shark while the Anka 3 will be the Turkish Stingray.

Animals are perfect by design. Humans are always inspired by what Allah/God/Tanri has created.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom