Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Anka4 and Kızılelma are not the same. Anka4 is a stealthy air-to-air UAV.

9aTbTL.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,370
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Did you know that anka-s was able to destroy russian AAs in idblib too? Also anka even used EW to blind russian systems during that but TB2 always gets the praise
Yeah, people tend to forget one of the most important driver behind the success of Turkish drone operations ( along with excellent planning and coordinated employment ) is Turkish EW capabilities.

Here is a very interesting article about the topic.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 55097

Dude, look at the photo(ANKA-3) again. There's no room for an inside station in this UCAV. Even the Şimşek kamikaze UAV in hand carries it out of the wings. The Çakır medium-range anti-ship missile has a length of 3.3 meters, even without a motor. There is no point in using Çakır without a motor. So the inner station of this UCAV cannot be smaller than 4.1 m.
Nope. Your eyes are deceiving you. If TAI releases a video you will see. It has a really big internal weapon bay.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think at this point we should stop the F-16 deal with the US and concentrate on KE and Anka-3 and Özgür project. We should ready KE for air-to-air missions with AESA radar and A-A missiles and Anka-3 for deep strike missions in two years. We should order KE, Anka-3, and A-A missiles worth something like 4-5 billion. KE should cost around 25 (I estimate the cost to be 1/6th of an F-35) million$. Throw 2 billion and you got 80 KE. Baykar can easily deliver 80 KE in 3 years. If we assume the cost of Anka-3 to be 40 million $ we can buy 50 Anka-3 for 2 billion and 1 billion for the weapons package and we will have an independent UCAV airforce in our hands. We should also expand the capabilities of our current UAVs TB2, Anka and Aksungur should be able to launch IIR A-A missiles and we should hasten A-A missile integration into Akıncı.

Let's face it F-16 project is doomed. Even if we order something today we will receive it too late. I don't think it is worth it anymore. Maybe upgrade kits if they are promised to be delivered quickly before the end of 2025.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
People, people, all the drones and electronic warfare is awesome. It's all fighting for the same team. Let's not turn this into the Internet equivalent of the Imperial Japanese Army vs. Imperial Japanese Navy pissing contest.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,354
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Waaaa 😳 there's already ANKA 3 ? That's fast, congrats to Turkish people for unveiling ANKA 3 only a short time MMU TF-X taxi test.🇹🇷

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Also KE will be great as well when the software etc is completed also real KE will be powered by A-320 really excited for that.

But we shouldn't expect a F35 replacement

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,990
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tai tfx will be the great white while the mius ke will be the tiger shark and the anka 3 will be the manta ray.

Manta ray is not a predator but it glides and commands respect.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,142
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A plane is built around an engine and once the TFX engine becomes available TAI will need to build other planes around it. I would say TAI will have its hands full all the time even after the Baba Kartal is already made. Tankers, larger bombers, supersonic passengers, cargo planes and such still need to be made. These initial salvo of products is about urgent needs and once they are made succesful platforms others should follow. Meaning there is room for more companies in aviation than TAI alone.

Last edited:

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A plane is built around an engine and once the TFX engine becomes available TAI will need to build other planes around it. I would say TAI will have its hands full all the time even after the Baba Kartal is already made. Tankers, larger bombers, supersonic passengers, cargo planes and such still need to be made. These initial salvo of products is about emergency needs and once they are made succesful platforms others should follow. Meaning there is room for more companies in aviation than TAI alone.

I would also like to see TAI have a general roadmap for all our aircraft needs. For example, a medium and large passenger plane base should be designed as it can be used in multiple ways: AWACS, naval cooperation aircraft, tankers, cargo planes (and helicopters), and civilian state planes, business jets, ambulances and firefighting aircraft. If there is spare capacity, they can play with supersonic passenger flight and hobbyist planes. There are many things only TAI can do, so it would be a waste for them to replicate work in the very few areas private sector can handle.

mongol

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's ridiculous to say there is no built-in weapon station for Anka-3

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Does ANKA-3 have internal weapon bay?

yes, it does. The first concept art of the drone was released to the public showing the bays open.

the real question is what's going on with the tf-6000 Engine, I thought a working prototype of the engine was going to be shown alongside the Anka-3 drone maybe I'm remembering wrong.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The F-35 was a significant threshold, but more importantly, with the MMU Projects, TAI's infrastructure, technical capabilities and mentality have reached such a point that if someone says that something equivalent to the B21 is being built in TAI hangars, I cannot say that it is not possible. I don't know how much we realize it, but the point our institutions have reached is also leading to a revolution in mentality.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 55097

Dude, look at the photo(ANKA-3) again. There's no room for an inside station in this UCAV. Even the Şimşek kamikaze UAV in hand carries it out of the wings. The Çakır medium-range anti-ship missile has a length of 3.3 meters, even without a engine. There is no point in using Çakır without a engine. So the inner station of this UCAV cannot be smaller than 4.1 m.
Yes i aslo think this Anka 3 is small but when someone said will operate in Anadolu carrier than i understood .
Turkiye still dont have engines for more bigger drones so for now we will get Anka 3 with TF6000 engine , in future 1 engine of TFX can power bigger Anka 3 version long range deep strike bomber with hell of firepower kneeing alll enemy assets . 😍

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Yes i aslo think this Anka 3 is small but when someone said will operate in Anadolu carrier than i understood .
Turkiye still dont have engines for more bigger drones so for now we will get Anka 3 with TF6000 engine , in future 1 engine of TFX can power bigger Anka 3 version long range deep strike bomber with hell of firepower kneeing alll enemy assets . 😍

it would probably be the TF-10000, not the TF-6000 engine since the TF-10000 is going to be used to develop the 5th-generation features needed for the TF-35000 engine.

Top Bottom