kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it me, or does he say the range of Akinci is 7,500km ?

ferry range 7500 km = 25 hours x 300 km/h for fully fueled and un-armed drone.

They had a test flight a few weeks ago which was slightly longer than 25h and typical speed around 300km/h.
This drone could actually fly 7500km between two air-ports since it has sat-com as default. Though this would be unlikely since it would not have any safety margins at the end. I would assume that they realistically need about 1-3h fuel reserve if they fly over friendly land.

Combat range is lower due to additional weapons weight and drag. In combat mission, a drone would also typically return to home base so the radius of combat is more like 1500km (bomb mission) to 3000km (surveillance). This is pure guess from my side since this is not public information yet. Technically, this means that all of Europe, Middle East, Northern Africa and central Asia is within combat radius although the longer range does not make strategic sense.

I would not be surprised if T2S has around 5000km (25hx200km/h) ferry range as well.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ukraine to buy 4 more complex "Bayraktar TB2" UCAVs​

Ukraine to buy 4 more complex Bayraktar TB2 UCAVs

"The Armed Forces of Ukraine currently has two complexes (12 aircraft) of the Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 operational-tactical unmanned aerial in its arsenal," the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Lieutenant-general Valerii Zaluzhnyi told Report.

He noted that there are already two such complexes, one in the Air Force and one in the Navy:
"One complex was purchased this year by order of the Defense Ministry. It is also planned to buy four more such complexes in 2021-22 to meet the needs of the Armed Forces. In addition, in the future, we intend to include in our arsenal such drones of domestic production."
The commander-in-chief said that buying Bayraktar and arming is still half the battle:

"Because, firstly, we need to learn to work effectively with them, and secondly, we must know the tactics of their application. It is not enough to buy Bayraktar. Now we are learning how to use these devices. Honestly, it would be more comfortable if we
Azerbaijan's experience in this issue. I must admit that, unfortunately, we know very little from this experience."

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,761
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
@UkroTurk 🚬 Are there any secrets or details in the video? I was wondering what they are talking..

I don't speak Ukrainian, but as far I understood (may be I am wrong but ) it seems like TB2 can pass Data to Ukrainian cruise missile "Neptune". When target is located and it is selected to be hit

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
they said ghost missile for the SOM missile mentioned in the video. does the SOM missile have the ability to not be detected by air radars?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,761
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
they said ghost missile for the SOM missile mentioned in the video. does the SOM missile have the ability to not be detected by air radars?
Example: SOM missile is droped by drone-> then missile goes down "ground huging`~50meters from ground. So we know earth is round and from ground to horiznt is it ~20km.
When ground radar will see detect "if really able to detect suck shape and composite missile" and react?
That is why it is ghost

T

Turko

@UkroTurk 🚬 Are there any secrets or details in the video? I was wondering what they are talking..

Some points from video
: İt is improved version of TB2 which is produced for Ukrainian Navy.
Ukrainian Navy buys stationary and mobile command posts. But most important part is the navy will get command post for warships. So it means , TB2s take off with assistance of ground stations, over the sea the warship can take control of TB2.

TB2 - Ukrainian Navy version is fully integrated with Ukrainian weapons and missiles.

The range is doubled.( The first man said range of TB2 was 300km, I'm not sure if it is the range of new version)
This version has more improved seekers,cameras etc. The new naval TB2 can detect objects from 30-70km.
---

That's all what i could understand.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom