Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,102
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yh if they would turn to the east then its many other alternatives better then jf17 but i dont think it will happen. Not for now atleast..
I was under the impression that the member doesn't count on the availability of export of the F-16V block 70/72.

I mean why would Turkey operate JF-17 ? It's in no way better than the block 52 TurAF currently operate

No disrespect, the JF-17 are capable but usually when you replace or wait for interim solution usually you go with what is more advanced than you currently have. JF-17 clearly doesn't fit the criteria. If F-16 aren't put into consideration than the J-10 should fit.

In fact why wont Turkey go with something like an F-15 eagle II ?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I was under the impression that the member doesn't count on the availability of export of the F-16V block 70/72.

I mean why would Turkey operate JF-17 ? It's in no way better than the block 52 TurAF currently operate

No disrespect, the JF-17 are capable but usually when you replace or wait for interim solution usually you go with what is more advanced than you currently have. JF-17 clearly doesn't fit the criteria. If F-16 aren't put into consideration than the J-10 should fit.

In fact why wont Turkey go with something like an F-15 eagle II ?
Make sense. The real question is would us even sell them f15. The typoon to. For now it seems like turkey is gonna modernize their f16 with better avionica and radars while waiting for the tf x. Lets not forget the mius project to, everything from their jets to their drones will contribute to air superioty.

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
IMO, chances of turkey being able to get any US hardware in real future is pretty bleak.. next to nil .. more so with turkey going for another S - 400 's...

Putin would be happy for sure!!!!

As for JF goes, IMO nobody knows how reliable they are & nothing comes out of great wall of china.. Never tested in real world scenario... Moreover Russian engines need frequent overhauls and have reliability issues.. IAF did suffer from these with availability of SU 30;s not in line with IAF's expectations...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom