Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
''Last month Armenia made the Sevres Treaty an important part of the country’s foreign policy. For Turkey that became the most important part. I don’t know if our leaders did so knowingly, but the statements by the President and Prime Minister of Armenia were equivalent to a declaration of at least diplomatic war against Turkey. And that, against the Turkey with a dangerous leader such as Erdogan. Adopting the Treaty of Sevres as an instrument of foreign policy Armenia placed the demand of territories from Turkey on its agenda.''

Didnt even know that but are they nuts over in Erivan?
Armenians must realize something, they live in a neighborhood of roughly 100+ million Turks either they give up their stupid expansionist dreams or face its consequences...

N

Null/Void

''Last month Armenia made the Sevres Treaty an important part of the country’s foreign policy. For Turkey that became the most important part. I don’t know if our leaders did so knowingly, but the statements by the President and Prime Minister of Armenia were equivalent to a declaration of at least diplomatic war against Turkey. And that, against the Turkey with a dangerous leader such as Erdogan. Adopting the Treaty of Sevres as an instrument of foreign policy Armenia placed the demand of territories from Turkey on its agenda.''

Didnt even know that but are they nuts over in Erivan?
Armenians must realize something, they live in a neighborhood of roughly 100+ million Turks either they give up their stupid expansionist dreams or face its consequences...

I think Moscow even thinks Yerevan is nuts too

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Moscow even thinks Yerevan is nuts too
What they over there still dont realize is that Russia is not gonna rush to save them, c'mon its Russia we are talking about, if anything they will squeeze out more from them in exchange for empty promises.
I have already said this last year in regards of Kurds, one should better get along with its neighbors instead of trusting the promises from people thousands of miles away. Espacially when you are outnumber 1:100 in every possible statistic that exists...
It only took one highway protest to sour the public support in LA, what exactly is the Armenian side expecting others to do for them?

N

Null/Void

What they over there still dont realize is that Russia is not gonna rush to save them, c'mon its Russia we are talking about, if anything they will squeeze out more from them in exchange for empty promises.
I have already said this last year in regards of Kurds, one should better get along with its neighbors instead of trusting the promises from people thousands of miles away. Espacially when you are outnumber 1:100 in every possible statistic that exists...
It only took one highway protest to sour the public support in LA, what exactly is the Armenian side expecting others to do for them?

Russia interest is to maintain a strategic chokehold on NATO's frontier its no interested in churka internal fighting like I said prior Aliyev has much more better working relations with Putin than Pashniyan I kinda wish Azerbaijan was a member of CSTO,and EEU

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia interest is to maintain a strategic chokehold on NATO's frontier its no interested in churka internal fighting like I said prior Aliyev has much more better working relations with Putin than Pashniyan I kinda wish Azerbaijan was a member of CSTO,and EEU
Azerbaijan will drift more and more towards Western camp in the future, this much i can tell.

N

Null/Void

Azerbaijan will drift more and more towards Western camp in the future, this much i can tell.

I dont think the west had much interest in the Caucasus this aint the 90s when the scram for resources in ex USSR was going on perhaps Turkey might gain a base in Azerbaijan in the near future maybe but I think Azerbaijan will balance ties with Turkey,Russia and Iran

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Türkiyənin vitse prezidenti:

Azərbaycan əsgər yardımı istəyərsə, Türkiyə ordusunu göndərməyə hazırdır

Turkish Vice President: If Azerbaijan wants military assistance, we are ready to send the Turkish army​

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkish Vice President: If Azerbaijan wants military assistance, we are ready to send the Turkish army​

I think context is important here.

In December 2010, both countries signed the range of treaties that makes each other a guarantor in case of an attack by foreign forces.[25] The Treaty would enter into force upon the exchange of instruments of ratification and valid for 10 years. In addition, the term extended for another 10 years if in the last 6 months, there is no notification to terminate the treaty.[26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan–Turkey_relations#Military_co-operation

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions

Wierd timing.. Lavrov maybe threatened Azerbaijani FM today..
Once upon a time RTE said the same line regarding Libya..

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom