Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,558
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
At this point I have no idea which map to believe and which of them all is reliable.

Still it bothers me to see no push at Aghdam which is in relatively easier terrain and has a lot of symbolic value for whole Azerbaijan.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
While looking at it's size and speed I think It is most probably MAM-L. As @Combat-Master speculated earlier it could be a pre-calculated route to the target before the bomb picks the laser and goes into a terminal mode. That capability needs GPS/INS and laser guidance which is in MAM-L. With the newest improvements that were made some time ago over the initial production MAM-L GPS and INS were added as an option of guidance along with extended range of up to 14km, different warhead and fuse types. I am curious what would MAM-L Block II bring to the table but that is a topic for another thread.
View attachment 4757
View attachment 4758
You can see in the video that the Armenian soldiers is running inside the trench at the terminal phase and since this is a night shot i guess visual contact is unlikely which means that even thought those are gliding bombs they must still make quite a bit noise.
Is it known how fast those bombs glide?

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
At this point I have no idea which map to believe and which of them all is reliable.

Still it bothers me to see no push at Aghdam which is in relatively easier terrain and has a lot of symbolic value for whole Azerbaijan.
Well tbh Aghdam is on a topological sense low, the Enemy would have the high ground and would therefore have the upper hand in combat and artillery, thats why I think that there aren't many pushes in the north.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,453
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can see in the video that the Armenian soldiers is running inside the trench at the terminal phase and since this is a night shot i guess visual contact is unlikely which means that even thought those are gliding bombs they must still make quite a bit noise.
Is it known how fast those bombs glide?
While it is clearly visible on the camera and it looks slow it is steel pretty fast. According to Baykar the flight time to a target ranged at 8km is 80s which means 10s per kilometer and 100m per second. Those figures are while taking in account the angle of attack which I think will be flatter and on steeper angle it should be faster because of the aerodynamic properties of the bomb. Of course the velocity of the UAV is important factor here. The bomb gliding looking so slow have to be an illusion due to the altitude of the UAV and its look at the point of impact and the bomb. I count at least 14 seconds in flight for that target so that is supposing the range is not so high so the bomb is also gliding in a higher speed.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,735
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

No idea. Armenia hasn’t released any footage of corpses. So why would Azerbaycan abandon vehicles unless they’ve broken down.

The south is currently under Azerbaycan control.

The tweet says civilians has fled hankendi the socalled capital. If Azerbaycan closes of escape route from Lacin the Armenians will probably request a humanitarian corridor or such.

So I think it is necessary to control Lacin so no additional supply gets through, but retreat is allowed.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
While looking at it's size and speed I think It is most probably MAM-L. As @Combat-Master speculated earlier it could be a pre-calculated route to the target before the bomb picks the laser and goes into a terminal mode. That capability needs GPS/INS and laser guidance which is in MAM-L. With the newest improvements that were made some time ago over the initial production MAM-L GPS and INS were added as an option of guidance along with extended range of up to 14km, different warhead and fuse types. I am curious what would MAM-L Block II bring to the table but that is a topic for another thread.
View attachment 4757
View attachment 4758
It could also be MEMS-IMU, like Cirit for instance. Forgot about MEMS-IMU :) . In that regard standard MAM-L may be equipped with MEMS-IMU and can calculate distance flown towards target from launch and go into terminal SAL mode.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats the result of the meeting in washington btw?

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024_122110.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024_122110.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 81

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looks like Armenian forces are reinfoced enough to put counter attack, maybe its better for Azerbaijan to use its quantitative advantage and open more fronts to disperse the Armenian defenses.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom