Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
This "humanitarian ceasefire" is for US diaspora consumption. It will make them feel better, meanwhile war will rage on perhaps worse than before.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
If war was to end here (which I hope it doesn't) it would leave Armenia with a 32km wide border corridor with a friendly state with Azeris at either side. If a full conflict was to break out in the future, this would be impassable for Armenians.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
If war was to end here (which I hope it doesn't) it would leave Armenia with a 32km wide border corridor with a friendly state with Azeris at either side. If a full conflict was to break out in the future, this would be impassable for Armenians.
That is still better than 0. Which is something I would prefer.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
That is still better than 0. Which is something I would prefer.
Russians are doing what they do best and standing in the way, as they have done before. Shame if an Armenian missile went astray, or maybe an experimental 100m drone.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
What are the chances of a "land swap" deal with Iran so that Azerbaijan can join Nakhchivan to the mainland?
They could do a lease of land for a corridor for a stated period of time but they won't do it because it will benefit turkey.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Taking Karabakh, and developing it. Is priority.

I imagine a TSK base of same size as Russians would be the first step after liberating it. In the south, and in karabakh :)

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Looks like they are not only running out of ammo and gear but also basic equipment for soldiers, the uniform is probably from a dead Azeri soldier and the lack of shoe is self explanatory, yet they still wont retreat...
no. border unit is not fighting, the thing is just days ago they made a wideo telling Syrians fight in this uniform, but now them wearing it shows that this is the team makes fake wideos to show this lie

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Also, dont think the operation stopped, US election made Trump just to show off that he is trying.
we want to attack that Corridor so all those Armenian soldiers in the forest, run back, afraiding that they will be encircled, thats why probably president says it will be fast, howewer, you will see that we will go forward more from other regions as those Armenians will run bak

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,919
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
All Azerbaijan needs is a small corridor about as wide as a road and some buffer area. No more than 50 km2, I'd estimate. What if Azerbaijan offered Iran 10 times that amount elsewhere?

On top of that, Azerbaijan will guarantee free flow of Iranian goods into Armenia during "peace time".

Do you think Iran would agree to such a land swap where they stand to make a 900$ profit in exchange for allowing Azerbaijan to reconnect with Nakhchivan?
That's an existential matter for Iran in the long term. They should work to increase their influence in the region and also decrease Turkey's influence in the Turkic world as much as they can and especially when it comes to Azerbaijan.

Karabakh is something that carries very serious importance for Turkey, Azerbaijan, the Caucasus as whole and the Turkic world. The money they would win is nothing compared to the risk on a strategic level that such connection would represent. Many logistical headaches will go away, the cultural bond will get even stronger and that is not good for Iran and especially while Israel have strategic interests there.

The reason that I said Karabakh is because the way I see it Karabakh is not only a land that will be liberated from occupation but also carries very deep symbolical meaning. We see how many Azerbaijani Turks in Iran cheer for the liberation of Karabakh and what kind of joy and happiness they feel when they see Azerbaijani soldiers 100 meters away guarding their positions in newly captured areas.

While there are many loyal Azerbaijani Turks to the Iranian State there are also many with separatist vision which would like to see their territories governed by Turks. Such connection will largely popularize that vision and give the Iranian State serious problems within its borders.

Strengthening bonds between Turkey and the other Turkic countries is a very serious matter and that connection will establish new cultural exchange opportunities and trade routes which will also severely damage the Russian influence in the region and there is where the cooperation between Armenia, Russia and Iran cooperation comes in very handy and strategical. The only reason for which we don't see even harsher opposition is that NK is recognized as Azerbaijani territory according to the international law. Looking at that for how long they kept the status quo and how hard it is for them to lose that battle I would say it will be impossible for them to commit such a fatal mistake like securing a land route between Turkey and Nahchivan/Azerbaijan.

The only reason Iran would pose as helping Azerbaijan is because of their agenda for assimilating Azerbaijani Turks as solely Iranic people and imply their cultural and religious influence over Azerbaijan limiting the Turkish one. The same strategy which we watch the Russians perform in the Central Asian republics. There is a reason for which the Russians ceased all of the Turkish-Russian (Turkic) cultural exchange programs on the territory of Russia after the Russian fighter jet was shot down in Syria by the Turkish Air Force. Wherever TRT Avaz and TIKA have been there is a Turkish interests and influence there.

I will just let that here. It is unfortunately only for Arabic and Turkish speakers but it is explaining the frustration of the first Hizbullah Secretary-General Sheikh Subhi Al-Tufayli with Iran's position on Karabakh and Azerbaijan.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
All Azerbaijan needs is a small corridor about as wide as a road and some buffer area. No more than 50 km2, I'd estimate. What if Azerbaijan offered Iran 10 times that amount elsewhere?

On top of that, Azerbaijan will guarantee free flow of Iranian goods into Armenia during "peace time".

Do you think Iran would agree to such a land swap where they stand to make a 900$ profit in exchange for allowing Azerbaijan to reconnect with Nakhchivan?

In short no, Armenias lifeline is connected to Iran and like it was mentioned before they are probably being compensated for that

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom