Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's an existential matter for Iran in the long term. They should work to increase their influence in the region and also decrease Turkey's influence in the Turkic world as much as they can and especially when it comes to Azerbaijan.

Karabakh is something that carries very serious importance for Turkey, Azerbaijan, the Caucasus as whole and the Turkic world. The money they would win is nothing compared to the risk on a strategic level that such connection would represent. Many logistical headaches will go away, the cultural bond will get even stronger and that is not good for Iran and especially while Israel have strategic interests there.

The reason that I said Karabakh is because the way I see it Karabakh is not only a land that will be liberated from occupation but also carries very deep symbolical meaning. We see how many Azerbaijani Turks in Iran cheer for the liberation of Karabakh and what kind of joy and happiness they feel when they see Azerbaijani soldiers 100 meters away guarding their positions in newly captured areas.

While there are many loyal Azerbaijani Turks to the Iranian State there are also many with separatist vision which would like to see their territories governed by Turks. Such connection will largely popularize that vision and give the Iranian State serious problems within its borders.

Strengthening bonds between Turkey and the other Turkic countries is a very serious matter and that connection will establish new cultural exchange opportunities and trade routes which will also severely damage the Russian influence in the region and there is where the cooperation between Armenia, Russia and Iran cooperation comes in very handy and strategical. The only reason for which we don't see even harsher opposition is that NK is recognized as Azerbaijani territory according to the international law. Looking at that for how long they kept the status quo and how hard it is for them to lose that battle I would say it will be impossible for them to commit such a fatal mistake like securing a land route between Turkey and Nahchivan/Azerbaijan.

The only reason Iran would pose as helping Azerbaijan is because of their agenda for assimilating Azerbaijani Turks as solely Iranic people and imply their cultural and religious influence over Azerbaijan limiting the Turkish one. The same strategy which we watch the Russians perform in the Central Asian republics. There is a reason for which the Russians ceased all of the Turkish-Russian (Turkic) cultural exchange programs on the territory of Russia after the Russian fighter jet was shot down in Syria by the Turkish Air Force. Wherever TRT Avaz and TIKA have been there is a Turkish interests and influence there.

I will just let that here. It is unfortunately only for Arabic and Turkish speakers but it is explaining the frustration of the first Hizbullah Secretary-General Sheikh Subhi Al-Tufayli with Iran's position on Karabakh and Azerbaijan.
Why not side with Israel and U.S to break Iran apart? We know, even Arabs would join this coalition, after the normalize relation with Israel.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,560
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why not side with Israel and U.S to break Iran apart? We know, even Arabs would join this coalition, after the normalize relation with Israel.
Everyone sees refugees from Syria as cancer cells. Even if the refugees from Iran are South Azerbaijani Turks, I do not believe that this nation will embrace them. Especially that nationalist crew, they will first show the door to the South Azerbaijani Turks.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everyone sees refugees from Syria as cancer cells. Even if the refugees from Iran are South Azerbaijani Turks, I do not believe that this nation will embrace them. Especially that nationalist crew, they will first show the door to the South Azerbaijani Turks.
Daily Sabah had an article where 414k Syrians went back home. I want a schedule and confirmation on ppl being sent back also I want to know if they keep the id that allows them to come back into Turkey.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now, find the failers.

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Azerbaijan needs to work fast here and be headstrong to say no to any more ceasefires. If a permanent one is established then this would leave things in a limbo i.e. the Armenians will plug gaps e.g. drones and then prepare to fight again. No one stopped them from driving the Azeri people out of NK and now Azerbaijan has to play nice!

N

Null/Void

Azerbaijan needs to work fast here and be headstrong to say no to any more ceasefires. If a permanent one is established then this would leave things in a limbo i.e. the Armenians will plug gaps e.g. drones and then prepare to fight again. No one stopped them from driving the Azeri people out of NK and now Azerbaijan has to play nice!
Aliyev is Moscow's man when Moscow wants him to do something he will do it the thing is Azerbaijan prior to war was not in firm footing Aliyev looked like he was on his way out falling oil prices and moribund economy meant he might be colored revolutionized like other post Soviet dictators so he got his war now his own opposition is cheering him people forget when wars happen so I see for Azerbaijan they need to get the Lachin corridor soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,925
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am sure there is a low profile work in that area. Not specially about breaking apart Iran but influence the population. As I said not all of them think like that. Actually I think the bigger part of the Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are loyal to the State but there is no guarantee about what will happen tomorrow.

Such processes are not completed in a week or two. Many years or even decades of preparation and influence are needed to trigger something like that and Iran knows very well what is happening and also have preparation for its moves in Turkey because Iran have very big influence in some circles.

This is going a bit out of topic so lets return to the news

N

Null/Void

I am sure there is a low profile work in that area. Not specially about breaking apart Iran but influence the population. As I said not all of them think like that. Actually I think the bigger part of the Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are loyal to the State but there is no guarantee about what will happen tomorrow.

Such processes are not completed in a week or two. Many years or even decades of preparation and influence are needed to trigger something like that and Iran knows very well what is happening and also have preparation for its moves in Turkey because Iran have very big influence in some circles.

This is going a bit out of topic so lets return to the news
Honestly forget about a South Azerbaijan secessionist states that won't happen Saddam had the same mindset back in 1980 by funneling weapons and support to Khuzestan Arabs it blew back in his face Azerbaijan isn't that stupid but Israel may get what it wants a base to control or manage Iranian influence

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom