Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

No. 907 is an amendment adopted by the US Congress to the Freedom Support Act, which prohibits direct United States aid to Azerbaijan militarily and financially. This Act was heavily lobbied by the Armenian-American community in the United States during the First Karabakh war.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,084
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
See which wonders good relations to Israel can do?
I think you are overestimating Israeli influence here.

Ultimately it is US that decide.

Personally I think it is bacause Arab countries aren't that interested in confronting Iran like they used to. ( for example recent Iran+China+KSA diplomatic coup )

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you are overestimating Israeli influence here.

Ultimately it is US that decide.

Personally I think it is bacause Arab countries aren't that interested in confronting Iran like they used to. ( for example recent Iran+China+KSA diplomatic coup )
I think rather you are underestimating.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,084
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think rather you are underestimating.
It could be, but I spent a fair amount of time digging into this matter and read quite a bit about US-Israel relationship and its power dymanics.

In a nutshell what I learn is ' THE TAIL DOES NOT WAG THE DOG"

However, a lot of times middle easterners tend Blame Israel's imaginary overreach in Washington for their own incompetence and failures. ( I am not talking about you )

Anyway, I already stated my opinion.

See which wonders good relations to Israel can do?

But you sound definitive, could you provide some evidence that, this offer has to do with good relationship with Israel?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
But you sound definitive, could you provide some evidence that, this offer has to do with good relationship with Israel?
Sure, let me just grab the documents from the last trilateral meeting that i attended to the other day, brb.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Obviously, Israel has a certain influence when it comes to the US. However, it could be that the interest of the US at the moment is to have a strong Azerbaijan against the trilateral alliance of Russia-Armenia- Iran. Let's not forget that we have seen that Saudi and some arab countries have restablished their ties with Iran again leaving Israel out of the party. Interesting development...

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a better idea to let them in. Khankendi is a death trap for Armenians. Şusa is a high ground and Azerbaijan controls all the high ground in the Lachin district. Just open Google Maps and look at Khankendi. Every soldier and vehicle committed to defending that city means fewer soldiers and vehicles Armenia can deploy along the Azerbaijan-Armenia border. This time operations of Azerbaijan won't be limited to Karabagh. I expect military operations inside Armenia.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a better idea to let them in. Khankendi is a death trap for Armenians. Şusa is a high ground and Azerbaijan controls all the high ground in the Lachin district. Just open Google Maps and look at Khankendi. Every soldier and vehicle committed to defending that city means fewer soldiers and vehicles Armenia can deploy along the Azerbaijan-Armenia border. This time operations of Azerbaijan won't be limited to Karabagh. I expect military operations inside Armenia.
"I Like Your Funny Words, Magic Man!"

(its a quote from a meme, I'm afraid you have to look it up)

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
OK, now i am getting really confused @bisbis

I mean, ethnically you are Turks, but clearly Azerbaijan is a nation state.

So, what is wrong with calling Azeri people 'Azeri'?
dear Afif, what's the point of making a nation called Azeri from Türk ancestry?

Why should we separate and weaken when we can unite and be alive and strong? Why should we take different names, knowing that we are of the same ancestry?

Look, the British invented a people called Kurds from the Ottoman geography with their mind games, politics. There is no need to repeat the same things.

For example, in the future, we will not say Kazak, we will say Kazakistan Türks. As Anatolian Türks. These issues will gradually improve.

With the permission of our Allah, we will go towards the Great Unity (TURAN). Allahu Akbar.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this because of the latest American back and forth or as a means to get ready for it? Did Armenians fire back? Questions, questions.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom