Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Something interesting from an Armenian company presented at IDEX 2021.

Supposed specs of the drone

Performance characteristics and details about the UAV:

▫️Can be assembled and ready for a mission in seconds

▫️ Operated by one operator via tablet

▫️Has fixed wings and variable sweep wings

▫️Can be armed with high-explosive / high-explosive fragmentation anti-tank shells

▫️Can deliver high-precision strikes against stationary and mobile ground targets

▫️Can automatically detect and lock targets

▫️Operator can select and direct the drone to designated targets (Man-In-The-Loop)

▫️Can make decisions about attacking targets

▫️ Cruising speed: 150 km / h; loitering speed: 80 km / h: maximum speed: 200 km / h

▫️Attack can be performed at any angle - from horizontal to vertical

▫️UV weight: 5 kg

▫️ Range: up to 80 km

▫️ Autonomy: up to 1 hour

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Something interesting from an Armenian company presented at IDEX 2021.

Supposed specs of the drone

Performance characteristics and details about the UAV:

▫️Can be assembled and ready for a mission in seconds

▫️ Operated by one operator via tablet

▫️Has fixed wings and variable sweep wings

▫️Can be armed with high-explosive / high-explosive fragmentation anti-tank shells

▫️Can deliver high-precision strikes against stationary and mobile ground targets

▫️Can automatically detect and lock targets

▫️Operator can select and direct the drone to designated targets (Man-In-The-Loop)

▫️Can make decisions about attacking targets

▫️ Cruising speed: 150 km / h; loitering speed: 80 km / h: maximum speed: 200 km / h

▫️Attack can be performed at any angle - from horizontal to vertical

▫️UV weight: 5 kg

▫️ Range: up to 80 km

▫️ Autonomy: up to 1 hour
Perhaps most of the products shown at the fairs are wooden or plastical models. It's not even a prototype. Technical and physical infrastructure is required for a successful product to enter any army inventory. They need to be tested and developed for many years. You cannot produce a successful military product in such a short time as you can pull a rabbit out of a hat. To take the products at the fairs seriously, it is enough to look at the producing company. It doesn't matter if the range in the catalog data is 1 km or 10000 km.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Perhaps most of the products shown at the fairs are models. It's not even a prototype. Technical and physical infrastructure is required for a successful product to enter any army inventory. They need to be tested and developed for many years. You cannot produce a successful military product in such a short time as you can pull a rabbit out of a hat. To take the products at the fairs seriously, it is enough to look at the producing company. It doesn't matter if the range in the catalog data is 1 km or 10000 km.
Don't kill the messenger as I take this with a grain of salt as well imo. They would be better off importing Chinesium loitering munitions.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't kill the messenger as I take this with a grain of salt as well imo. They would be better off importing Chinesium loitering munitions.
I dont understanding how Armenia plans to sell this product at the fair. if i were a buyer I would say ''why do you want to sell this product to me? After the Karabakh defeat..

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I dont understanding how Armenia plans to sell this product at the fair. if i were a buyer I would say ''why do you want to sell this product to me? After the Karabakh defeat..
Don't ask me my friend probably looking to make some quick cash. Unlikely anybody is interested in it considering the many, many options on the table.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't ask me my friend probably looking to make some quick cash. Unlikely anybody is interested in it considering the many, many options on the table.

my reaction is not to you. I think they are planning to repair damaged military prestige in this way.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
What's the estimated worth of all destroyed Armenian equipment?
at the end of the war, drones alone made more than 2 billion dollar damage, with 7 S300 systems and so on. Ilham Aliyev also said yesterday again that We destroyed 7 S300 systems during the war.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
9094 troops wounded in action in Artsakh War, says Armenian prosecution

YEREVAN, FEBRUARY 18, ARMENPRESS. 9094 servicemen of the Armenian military were wounded in action during the 2020 Nagorno Karabakh War, the general prosecution announced today at a consultation on the military prosecution’s activities.

The final death toll isn’t yet available because of the ongoing identification of bodies and the search operations.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What's the estimated worth of all destroyed Armenian equipment?
@AzeriTank
I found this article but the primary source is Azeri:

If the 5 b figure is correct, the damage that has been caused to the Armenian forces will cripple them for at least 15 to 20 years.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom