Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am i the only one thinking about a active Russian involvement?
Technically speaking this situation gives Russia the opportunity, strange things are going on.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is nothing strange about it. According to the ceasefire agreement signed by 3 countries(Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Russia). Armenia has to allow a corridor linking the Azerbaijan mainland with the Nakhchivan enclave and Azerbaijan has to allow a corridor linking Armenia with Hankendi (Stepanakert). Both corridors will be protected by Russian peacekeepers but will count as Azerbaijan land for the Lachin corridor and Armenian land for the Zengezur corridor. Azerbaijan allowed the Laching corridor but up to this date, Armenians have not taken a step for the establishment of the Zengezur corridor even when the Russians urged them to do. Now, this little gesture is a polite way to say that either you allow the Zengezur corridor or I'm giving a free pass to Azerbaijan to establish it. If no steps are taken clashes might restart in the July-August-September timeframe. Azerbaijan is buying lots of stuff from Turkiye.

T

Turko

İ also read 3.5 km invasion.

Azerbaijan has built a railway in Karabakh (Gabala). It is planned to build an International Airport.

T

Turko

Am i the only one thinking about a active Russian involvement?
Technically speaking this situation gives Russia the opportunity, strange things are going on.
Bro i don't want to trigger people but Azerbaidjan didn't take back Karabağ.

First Karabağ war made between Russians and Azerbaidjan.

Indeed Currently Russians gave back it to Azerbaidjan. Putin appreciated that Aliyev how a good and reliable ally.

Except Russians Any country including Türkiye can't involve conflicts in Cacauisia.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It seems more and more likely that Azerbaijan will conduct a military operation on Zangezur in the coming days!

The evidence;
1. Azerbaijan is planning a large military exercise (15.000 troops) starting tomorrow.
2. Azeri troops have entered Zangezur (at place up to 6km)
3. Azerbaijan held a drone/air force exercise today
4. Azeri armour has been moved close to the border

This pattern was also seen before the start of the Karabakh operation.

Also, don't forget - I called the Karabakh operation the day before the fighting by starting this thread ;)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it was a big mistake not to establish bordergate in Lacin. Controlling who enters and exits karabakh would have been force multiplier. Could prevented russians from ferrying armenians back!

You have 5k russians inside your land! With the bordergate you could stop anymore russians from entering refering to the mx numbers of 2k

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,988
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I think it was a big mistake not to establish bordergate in Lacin. Controlling who enters and exits karabakh would have been force multiplier. Could prevented russians from ferrying armenians back!

You have 5k russians inside your land! With the bordergate you could stop anymore russians from entering refering to the mx numbers of 2k

The alternative may have been Russia declaring war. When you are the smaller power, you have to make incremental gains. You can't have it all in one go. Its basically about taking calculated risk.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,988
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkey needs to find ways to undermine Russian control of Armenia. Armenia has no benefit in being a pawn of Russia. Only winner from Armenian regional hostility is Russia no one else.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Russian peacekeepers delivered humanitarian aid provided by Russian public organizations and charitable foundations to remote settlements of Askeran district of Nagorno-Karabakh Hanazakh and Ptretsik.
During the humanitarian campaign, Russian peacekeepers were handed over essential items, clothes, hygiene items and toys for children. In total, over 150 tons of humanitarian goods to Nagorno-Karabakh residents were transferred to Russian peacekeepers.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,452
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Iranian media reports that 10 Iranian generals are in Armenia right now. It is rumored that they will talk about the delivery of 160 Armenian soldiers that found shelter in Iran trough the conflict and also some people think Iran will submit a military cooperation offer to Armenia.

Top Bottom