Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
What are you trying to say?
His branch is GDP but His whole life is with Helicopter. He is a helicopter pilot. You should know this well that the GDP branch has different Pilots like Fighter, Helicopter, Transport etc. Those pilots whose scores are low they cannot become fighter pilot. Everyone(I guess not evryone :) is surprised in Airforce that's it.

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Best air superiority fighter in this region with full weapon package, less string attached, no need wait for congress or DoD's approval. Getting F-16 as the backbone of the fleet or only operating it for next 30+ years will absolutely suicidal and stupid idea. If US can't arm twist/influence us much now then they sure will be able to do it after that
Expect europe to place an embargo right when we go on the offensive. One isn’t better over the another atleast politically and technology wise. The only advantage I can think of is twin engine and more weapons options for EFT

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
His branch is GDP but His whole life is with Helicopter. He is a helicopter pilot. You should know this well that the GDP branch has different Pilots like Fighter, Helicopter, Transport etc. Those pilots whose scores are low they cannot become fighter pilot. Everyone(I guess not evryone :) is surprised in Airforce that's it.
Not just low, physiological constraints matter too.
one of my acquaintances fiancé shifted from fighter conversion to transport branch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Thought you will say the new chief is gonna do something about the helicopter fleet. 😅

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I didn't know that. Source? Didn't Egypt use Rafale/Mirage in Libya? And US did the same with Pakistan.

Bruh, BD not the kind of country that gets Embargoed / Sanctioned.
Burma got embargoes when they started their campaign. Ok maybe not a good example. Turkey then, they invaded syria yo deal with isis near their border and Germany embargoes them for using German equipments on the offensive.
so EFT will also be a purely defensive fighter for us. We won’t be able to conduct warfare in Burmese airspace

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Burma got embargoes when they started their campaign. Ok maybe not a good example. Turkey then, they invaded syria yo deal with isis near their border and Germany embargoes them for using German equipments on the offensive.
so EFT will also be a purely defensive fighter for us. We won’t be able to conduct warfare in Burmese airspace

Well, not invading anyone so what about counter-attack? USA questioned Pakistan about using F-16 AFTER Indian strike. Can we say the same about European fighters? Perhaps that's why BAF should maintain a mixed fleet of western and Chinese/Russian fighter. If J-10CE is reliable/good enough like the F-7 then BAF should consider it. We will be able to operate more fighters besides EFT in low budget that way until we can produce our own single engine fighter jet. Still EU jet is lot hassle free than American.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Thought you will say the new chief is gonna do something about the helicopter fleet. 😅
Yeah no mrca coming in next 3 years. That's why he is appointed. BA only exists for transportation 😂 only...

Not just low, physiological constraints matter too.
one of my acquaintances fiancé shifted from fighter conversion to transport branch 🤷🏻‍♂️
That happens a lot of times. Most of the times it's political, you know what i meant. But one thing we are all asured that the new Chief of BAF is The tallest.💪😹💪

Last edited:

Baron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yeah no mrca coming in next 3 years. That's why he is appointed. BA only exists for transportation 😂 only.
Everyone who understands aircraft procurement knows that "no mrca is coming in the next 3 years".Even if they sign the deal tomorrow I dont think it would be possible to have all 16 fighters delivered in 2-3 years.

I dont think BAF should be blamed for this.You can blame them for their past actions but honestly in my opinion our MRCA programme is going quite well.You should be happy that BAF is spending 3 billion dollar for buying western origin fighters which was a "wet dream" only five years ago.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Everyone who understands aircraft procurement knows that "no mrca is coming in the next 3 years".Even if they sign the deal tomorrow I dont think it would be possible to have all 16 fighters delivered in 2-3 years.

I dont think BAF should be blamed for this.You can blame them for their past actions but honestly in my opinion our MRCA programme is going quite well.You should be happy that BAF is spending 3 billion dollar for buying western origin fighters which was a "wet dream" only five years ago.
I agree with you but my point was The new chief is not a fighter pilot and it makes sense why GOV appointed him.

I think PM will announce about MRCA program in the upcoming Air Show.

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Well, not invading anyone so what about counter-attack? USA questioned Pakistan about using F-16 AFTER Indian strike. Can we say the same about European fighters? Perhaps that's why BAF should maintain a mixed fleet of western and Chinese/Russian fighter. If J-10CE is reliable/good enough like the F-7 then BAF should consider it. We will be able to operate more fighters besides EFT in low budget that way until we can produce our own single engine fighter jet. Still EU jet is lot hassle free than American.
Yep. If it was upto me we would have already had a fighter development project with turkey and just get j10s which wouldn’t come with red tapes. Whatever western fighter we get, we don’t have a free reign on it because we’re Muslims 🤷🏻‍♂️

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

10 years to make up our mind and still haven’t ordered
“Going quite well”

the fighters will be heavily financed. Nothing to write home about. I’m concerned about them getting into debt for defence. Not great when debt already at 35%

Baron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
10 years to make up our mind and still haven’t ordered
“Going quite well”

the fighters will be heavily financed. Nothing to write home about. I’m concerned about them getting into debt for defence. Not great when debt already at 35%.
It is going well ever since they cancelled the 2017 tender and started looking for 16 western MRCA.

And I did say that BAF can be blamed for their previous actions.

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It is going well ever since they cancelled the 2017 tender and started looking for 16 western MRCA.

And I did say that BAF can be blamed for their previous actions.
Man don’t get your hopes up. I don’t see anything coming before 2025
Let’s see what they do during the airshow

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yep. If it was upto me we would have already had a fighter development project with turkey and just get j10s which wouldn’t come with red tapes. Whatever western fighter we get, we don’t have a free reign on it because we’re Muslims 🤷🏻‍♂️

But J-10CE's performance not that good like F-16/Gripen. It'll be like F-7BGI if BAF inducts it based on geopolitical aspect. Another poor man's F-16. It will act like a deterrent but doubt it will can do anything about IAF's Rafale, Su-30 or Mig-29.

And US approved the sale of 12 F-16C/D Block 70/72 Viper fighter aircraft including associated spares, services, logistics support, training, and munitions for the Philippine Air Force, with an estimated cost of US$2.43 billion. So if we exclude the other things, then how much PAF will pay for each? Less than $202 million? Too much for a C/D variant. Also we didn't sign GSOMIA and AQSA.

Choosing a fighter for BAF is serious problem. Specially when it comes to single engine fighter. If what BAF chief said is right then we should allocate money for MMRCA like the we allocated almost $3 billion for 16 MRCA and put higher requirement like the basic trainer so we can get more ToT but it will be a lot better if really build fighter jet locally like PM announced. Otherwise it's a serious dilemma for BAF. Really don't like this cheek kissing to other countries.

49080121608_31b41fec58_k.jpg

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
You can't blame BAF for their past actions. Nobody knew what Myanmar was up to, how Rohingya issue would mess-up everything and how Russia would try to rip us off. Also budget was the issue.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
But J-10CE's performance not that good like F-16/Gripen. It'll be like F-7BGI if BAF inducts it based on geopolitical aspect. Another poor man's F-16. It will act like a deterrent but doubt it will can do anything about IAF's Rafale, Su-30 or Mig-29.

View attachment 24180
It will be yesterday's fighter. Plus China Cannot be trusted when it comes to Burma. My Belief is that we would have bought J-10C years ago if it weren't for PRC's support for Burma, it was a no brainer then. Talks Between BD and My have stalled and PRC is doing nothing. I don't see the point of buying expensive military equipment from someone who does not support us in international forums.
Also we didn't sign GSOMIA and AQSA.
i don't think we'll sign these two treaties in the near future. Very little chance of F-16. Buying American is just asking for trouble imo.

That leaves us with the Gripen (for single engined fighter) . Plus , Saab is the only one who is willing to give some level of ToT so that aligns with the procurement policy.

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It will be yesterday's fighter. Plus China Cannot be trusted when it comes to Burma. My Belief is that we would have bought J-10C years ago if it weren't for PRC's support for Burma, it was a no brainer then. Talks Between BD and My have stalled and PRC is doing nothing. I don't see the point of buying expensive military equipment from someone who does not support us in international forums.

The West isn't good either. One is supporting Myanmar and other is trying to exploit the Rohingya and vaccine issue. Like i said before we shouldn't trust no one. Even Foreign Secretary has same thing in mind.

https://www.banglatribune.com/687375/স্থিতিশীল-বঙ্গোপসাগর-ভারত-মহাসাগর-দেখতে-চায়

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom