Last edited:

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Building up the base and the capacity for bigger and better things that will come.

1623344747529.png

next step will be to get ToT for IJT.

ppl should not be mislead by the sentence and think that BD will get ToT for MRCA , BD will TRY get ToT for trainers and if possible , single engine fighter.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,102
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nice we have ours for almost a decade now, and the AF is apparently pleased with the performance

13108836_1003739949702092_1670481230_n.jpg

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Building up the base and the capacity for bigger and better things that will come.

View attachment 22598

ppl should not be mislead by the sentence and think that BD will get ToT for MRCA , BD will TRY get ToT for trainers and if possible , single engine fighter.
With gripen full tot won’t be difficult. 4 billion easily

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I’m wondering if there’s some fundamental different between this and Diamond turboprop army bought, i expected commonality

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
damn, saab sure knows how to aggressively market its fighters.

why don't we replace entire fighter fleet with Gripen (+ expansion with new squadrons) and get some level of ToT ?
I have been always a fan of gripen with ToT. If we go with one single platform, it will be great for training and maintenance.
How many Gripens with ToT can we get with 4 billion, it seems to go with PM strategy

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I have been always a fan of gripen with ToT. If we go with one single platform, it will be great for training and maintenance.

How many Gripens with ToT can we get with 4 billion, it seems to go with PM strategy
Brazil got 36 before it started manufacturing more locally

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Its a good number I believe. However, is it enough to address the monkeys since they have 40+ fourth generation fighter jets and some of these are or will be twin seaters.
As long as we are on the defensive 36 gripens would be absolutely amazing especially with ECM and AESA aircraft… they’ll enter blind.
but if we really want TOT manufacture of MRCA, we can easily expand and fight an offensive campaign

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
As long as we are on the defensive 36 gripens would be absolutely amazing especially with ECM and AESA aircraft… they’ll enter blind.
but if we really want TOT manufacture of MRCA, we can easily expand and fight an offensive campaign
I am not expert when it comes to airforce but in my humble opinion, SAAB Gripen with ToT will be much better option than EFT. Gripen was built to neutralise Russian fighter jets and most of our adversaries aircrafts are Russian.
Have we ever thought of EFT or Rafale five years ago! so who knows what happens in next decade, we might have a opportunity to acquire fifth generation fighters. Within 20 years most powerful airforces will switch to fifth generation fighters anyway.

It will be much easier to operate and cost effective, furthermore we will also have an western standard aviation facility.For me, Gripen with ToT is a logical choice.

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Doubt it. Our requirement is low. Who will give us anything for 15 IJT? Hoping for MRO of these IJT in the existing facility if the number doesn't increases. If they didn't retire those L-39 and plan to create a aerobatic team then i suspect they will order more IJT.

Brazil got 36 before it started manufacturing more locally

Brazil actually paid more than $6 billion for 36 fighters which includes some development cost. They will assemble 15 aircraft locally though requirement is 120 fighters.

I’m wondering if there’s some fundamental different between this and Diamond turboprop army bought, i expected commonality

turbocharged jet fuel engine, four seats, two MFDs, 3 bladed propellers, 279 km/h cruise speed, 5,000 m service ceiling.Turboprop engine, two seats, four MFDs, 5-bladed propellers, Martin-Baker Mk.17 lightweight ejection seat, HOTAS, oxygen system, 435 km/h cruise speed, 7,600 m service ceiling.

Last edited:

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Brazil actually paid more than $6 billion for 36 fighters which includes some development cost. They will assemble 15 aircraft locally though requirement is 120 fighters.
think they're developing a naval version for their carrier too with salt proofing engines.

Doubt it. Our requirement is low. Who will give us anything for 15 IJT? Hoping for MRO of these IJT in the existing facility if the number doesn't increases. If they didn't retire those L-39 and plan to create a aerobatic team then i suspect they will order more IJT.
Would we not need more trainers if we wanted to increase the number of fighter squadrons to 10 ? Maybe current fleet of IJT might not be enough ?

Also IF we get a mix of EFT and Gripen , why not just get a complete gripen only fleet ?

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
  • Thoroughbred basic trainer aircraft optimized for the demanding military training environment
  • Full aerobatic & military training capability (+6 / -4 g)
  • Excellent handling qualities and simple single lever ‘turbine-like’ power plant operation
  • Proven dependability and supportability of the Rolls-Royce M250-B17F turbine engine
  • Power availability appropriate to the phase of training:
    • Power can be physically limited to 312 SHP for ab initio training phase (Flex Power)
    • 456 SHP for take-off and 380 SHP for maximum cruise provides excellent power-to-weight ratios and with instantaneous excess power during normal operations
  • 5-blade, constant speed MT-Propeller
  • Only aircraft in its class certified to latest FAR 23 crashworthiness requirements
  • Most spacious side-by-side seating in its class
  • Student pilot can be seated either in the LH or RH pilot seat, both with individual throttle levers
  • Robust retractable landing gear optimized for rough training environment
  • Furnished with latest state-of-the-art avionics (analog/digital) allowing seamless transition to modern training platforms
  • Primary flight display (PFD) in digital flight deck variant features tapes display or round dial display being unique for this class of trainer aircraft
  • VFR day / night and IFR operations in non-icing conditions
  • Available safety features include traffic advisory system (TAS), digital flight data and cockpit voice recorder
    (FDR & CVR) and mission debriefing system (MDS)
  • All composite airframe: lightweight, corrosion and fatigue free, easy repair
  • Unbeatable low total life-cycle cost to its fibre reinforced composite airframe, requiring less maintenance effort
  • High service life of the airframe of minimum 15,000 flight hours (aerobatic)
G 120TP Training Concept, based upon the versatile G 120TP basic training aircraft, addresses the latest trends and strategic shifts in modern military flight training; reduced demand for fast jet pilots, increased demand for transport/helicopter/UAS pilots, an increase on mission complexity - and in the same time pressures from reduced military budgets.

The G 120TP training system starts with the Primary and Basic Flight Training phase incorporating ab initio flight training and screening on a ‘simplified’ G 120TP with Flex Power facilitating engine handling and limiting power envelope for beginner pilots.

The Primary and Basic Flight Training phase is graduated by the students with the Wings Test. In the Streaming phase, the G 120TP platform can be operated further for all subsequent pilot class streams by downloading of flight training tasks from more expensive training platforms.

1635034168291.png

1635034186239.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom