Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope Turkish battle-proven platforms like Anka or Tb2 will find a chance in this tender.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
They rejected it? Source? I think that was BAF's tender.

200 km. Does TB2 has SAR/GMTI and catapult launch system?
If requested, SAR / GMTI radar can be integrated. Catapult launch system is not yet available for TB2.

Meteksan - MILSAR (UAV SAR/GMTI Radar)

milsar_1.jpg

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If requested, SAR / GMTI radar can be integrated. Catapult launch system is not yet available for TB2.

Can TB2 carry and operate SAR/GMTI and FLIR together at the same time? I am just seeing SAR/GMTI radar in this pic.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can TB2 carry and operate SAR/GMTI and FLIR together at the same time? I am just seeing SAR/GMTI radar in this pic.

Yeah, this high technology radar system has the same form-fit mechanical interfaces as standard 15” EO/IR sensor turret to be readily replaced with an EO/IR sensor. In addition, operating MILSAR together with an EO/IR sensor in a “slew-to-cue” fashion improves the effectiveness of the UAV-UCAV joint operations through maximizing wide area surveillance of UAV and increasing UCAV’s attack capability. MILSAR detects and tracks potential targets either low speed small size or fast moving objects even in adverse weather and low visibility conditions including cloud and fog.

What is Slew to Cue? :

Slew To Cue (Radar PTZ Auto Tracking)​

“Slew to Cue” is a term that is used to describe the integration of a radar or other target detection device that tells an EO/IR surveillance PTZ camera where to point, hence slew to cue. The detection sensor, such as a radar, is designed to detect the target and pinpoint its location, then transmit that information to the PTZ camera which in turn auto-tracks, identifies and recognizes the target. This is often the best solution as a radar can provide 360-degree coverage and can detect vehicle-sized targets up to 40km away for marine, ground or aerial targets day or night, even in bad weather conditions. The day/night PTZ surveillance cameras can then recognize and identify the targets that are detected, making slew to cue the premiere solution for long 24/7 security and surveillance, ideal for perimeter security, critical infrastructure protection, and border control.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom