PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 205
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Tender for short,medium and long range UAV. PDF file attached for more details.

https://dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/notice/932.pdf

1684257030512.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The most bizarre and detailed tender I ever seen.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It says Army want to standardize UAVs.
Does it means it will come in significant numbers?
Also, is this even should be the priority right now? Looks like they are more concerned with procuring equipments for UN missions than prioritizing the items for actual needs.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 205
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif Looking at how things are going in the Ukraine war, I would say we definitely need a large number of UAV be it armed or for surveillance.No way they will use all drones for UNPK only.

Not sure whether this is connected to TB-2 procurement or not.The former Turkish envoy had told media they were in discussion with BD regarding drone purchase and TOT.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif Looking at how things are going in the Ukraine war, I would say we definitely need a large number of UAV be it armed or for surveillance.No way they will use all drones for UNPK only.

I disagree, Ukraine war is actually 75% artillery 25% spotter drones.

Armed drones like TB-2 Made a fuss in first few month than disappeared.
And artillery became ever important.

Also given BAF's indeginous drone is almost ready why should we spend Millions of dollars on similar class procurement?

The former Turkish envoy had told media they were in discussion with BD regarding drone purchase and TOT.

Can you give the source?

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 205
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I disagree, Ukraine war is actually 75% artillery 25% spotter drones.
Yes.I have talked about surveillance drones in my last reply.Also because of the increasing importance of artillery in battlefield, its necessity of neutralising them is also increasing and drones directly support that operation.Our own artillery units and manned and unmanned air assets will have to work together to neutralise enemies artillery and missile systems.
Also given BAF's indeginous drone is almost ready why should we spend Millions of dollars on similar class procurement?
Highly unlikely that whatever they are making will be on par other systems on market.I don't have minimum trust on anything related to BD aviation.We will need TOT from a major supplier if we want to do anything good.

By the way,BD is also listed as a group-A country so there is chance that the local UAV might be added under this program.But our UAV program will definitely not deliver all three types listed on this tender.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 205
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif

"I would like to inform you recently we have a company called Bayker which produces drones. Bangladesh Armed Forces has signed a contract with them for the procurement of Bayraktar TB2 UAV. I'm not in a position to give details but I can confirm that there is cooperation between Bangladesh and Turkey regarding drones"

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Highly unlikely that whatever they are making will be on par other systems on market.I don't have minimum trust on anything related to BD aviation.

Clearly, I am more optimistic than you.
By the way,BD is also listed as a group-A country so there is chance that the local UAV might be added under this program.

Could you please point out where the countries names are listed? Will shorten my time.

But our UAV program will definitely not deliver all three types listed on this tender.

Agreed.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@F-6 enthusiast do you think there is a slightest chance BAF UAV would be ready soon enough for mass production and delivering it for Army's requirements.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Let's see they want SAR mapping , EW + lots of other bells and whistles too
1683471932458.png

mission requirements for UAV
1683471986143.png

SATCOM ?
1683472045790.png

Min 5 hrs endurance
Industrial Co-operation mentioned (ToT) @PutinBro
Logistics
1683472172487.png
1683472206196.png

that's just upto page 8

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It seems Turkey and China will be the only contenders in this tender. China may win the MALE UCAV tender with Wing Long II or CH-5. Just trying to be 100% confirm but TB2 is possibly for army.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Has TB2, ANKA etc. been tested by the BAF ?

It's difficult to say what the outcome will be until both Chinese and Turkish UAV and UCAV has been tested.

Also could the long tender (TL:DR) be exaggerated to such lenght that "One-size-fits-all" approach might be the case ?

I agree that Artillary is still very important, but I believe the blitzkrieg approach was halted thanks to the initial effort of TB2 and everything else. But the psychological effect of UCAV should not be underrestimated :)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Has TB2, ANKA etc. been tested by the BAF ?

It is actaully Army's tender.

And they already signed a contract for TB-2 as Turkish ambassador confirmed it explicitly Last year.

BAF probbaly tested ANKA for evaluation previously.

It's difficult to say what the outcome will be until both Chinese and Turkish UAV and UCAV has been tested.

Also could the long tender (TL:DR) be exaggerated to such lenght that "One-size-fits-all" approach might be the case ?

I think BD's own indeginous UAV also has a slight chance (to fulfill the short range UAV requirements) if BAF can deliver it within time.(next 2/3years)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom