Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can read the interview published in the 80th Issue of MSI Turkish Defence Review here:

Birol TEKİNCE / [email protected]

Untitled-1-4-605x1024.jpg

The defence industry cooperation between Turkey and Bangladesh continues to evolve and strengthen. We talked with Brigadier General Md Tariqul Alam Tariq, the Defence Attaché of Bangladesh to Turkey, who has played a significant role in the development of relations between the two countries, and who was kind enough to take the time to answer our questions about the point achieved in this cooperation.

MSI TDR: The Turkish companies participate in various defence and aerospace projects in Bangladesh. Can you give us information about these projects?

Brigadier General TARIQ: Many of the Turkish Defence Industries are already engaged with DGDP (Directorate General of Defence Purchase) for the procurement of various defence products of Bangladesh Armed Forces. In the past, Bangladesh Armed Forces procured various defence hardware through DGDP tender or direct purchase under G2G contract. In the recent past, Bangladesh Army procured different types of Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) like Mine Resistance Ambush Protected (MRAP), Tactical (Tac) and Command (Comd) from OTOKAR. A procurement contract has been signed last year between Bangladesh Army and ROKETSAN to procure Multiple Launcher Rocket System (MLRS) for Bangladesh Army. The project is in progress. Besides, many other defence products are being evaluated and procured by Bangladesh Army, Navy and Air Force from various defence industries of Turkey.

MSI TDR: Why did Bangladesh prefer the Turkish companies in these projects?

Brigadier General TARIQ: Bangladesh procurement system demands major defence hardware of European standard. As Turkey maintains European/NATO standard in the productions, therefore, Turkish products get standardized fairly easily. To avoid monopoly, Bangladesh Armed Forces follow a transparent and open procurement system where, companies from all over the world are invited to participate tenders. Turkish companies are winning the tenders for product compatibility, lower price and easy after sale service.

Untitled-3-2.jpg

MSI TDR: What defence and aerospace projects will be on Bangladesh’s agenda in the upcoming period?

Brigadier General TARIQ: As part of ‘Forces Goal 2030’, Bangladesh Armed Forces is developing its Forces to cope with future requirement. As one of the highest troops contributing countries under Peace Keeping Operations, Bangladesh Armed Forces is maintaining its inventory keeping pace with the present day requirement in the conflicting zones. Bangladesh Armed Forces has been actively participating in United Nations Peace Keeping Operation since 1988. Under long term program (Forces Goal 2030) Bangladesh maintains a balanced defence hardware procurement every year. In that count, Bangladesh Armed Forces studies and evaluates the defence products of Turkish Defence Industries besides other foreign Defence Industries. In future, Bangladesh Armed Forces would be interested on T129 ATAK Helicopter, Light Tank, LAV (Ambulance), 120 mm Mortar, Large Petrol Craft (LPC), Submarine Search and Rescue Vessel, Artillery Ammunition Line, DMR Radio Sets etc.

Untitled-4-2-1024x662.jpg
MBT-2000/VT-1A main battle tank of the Bangladesh Army, seen during a parade.
MSI TDR: With this in mind, is there anything you would like to say to the Turkish defence and aerospace sector about the opportunities that are open to them in these projects?

Brigadier General TARIQ: Team of experts from related defence industries should maintain good contact with three services to plug the communication gap. As the defence products of Turkey maintains international standard with reasonable price, there are fair opportunities to win the open tenders of procurement in Bangladesh.

MSI TDR: Which of Turkey’s current needs can be met by Bangladesh’s defence and aerospace sector?

Brigadier General TARIQ: Bangladesh Armed Forces owns number of Defence Industries that may be upgraded to class one industries with the assistance from Turkish Defence Industries. Turkey may produce hardware in Bangladesh with cheaper price than that of their own industries because of cheap skilled manpower and labour. Turkey may venture in this regard.

MSI TDR: We, as MSI Turkish Defence Review, publish a monthly defence and aerospace magazine. Do you benefit from this publication? What would you like to say about our magazine?

Brigadier General TARIQ: MSI Turkish Defence Review is an informative Magazine in defence sector. The current defence industry projects along with modern technological information can easily be found from this journal. This helps the defence planners and higher Commanders shape their vision in developing own outfits. However, more number of supplementary copies can disseminate information more widely and quickly.

Untitled-5-3-1024x662.jpg
MiG-29 aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force
MSI TDR: What would you like to say about AMAC Magazine?

Brigadier General TARIQ: AMAC Magazine puts up various activities executed by AMAC members throughout the year. It displays National Day, Independence Day, Armed Forces Day etc. of countries with attractive photo and information of the events. The DA’s and MA’s are able to learn other defence activities from this Magazine too.

MSI TDR: Is there anything you would like to add?

Brigadier General TARIQ: I wish all the best for MSI and AMAC Magazine.

On behalf of our readers, we would like to thank Brigadier General Md Tariqul Alam Tariq, the Defence Attaché of Bangladesh to Turkey, for taking the time to answer our questions and for providing us with such valuable information.

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Turkish drones once again showing their effectiveness in Azerbaijan. Aksungur and Akinci should be in our priority list, it will have a field day against the monkey force. It can change a war.
Chini isn't a reliable partner when it comes to monkeys.

Azbaroj

Reactions
1 213
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Prominent Bangladeshi newspaper The Prothom Alo published an article about President Recap Tayyip Erdogan.
Heading of the article is, President Erdogan never sleep.
This article discusses about how he is successfully facing world players like Trump , Putin, Macron and EU . He successfully and unitedly push away Turkish enemy by applying calculated power.
He leads Turkey towards a regional power not only with force but also by political game as an expert player . Turkey is going to be self sufficient in arms industry under his ledearship .
Here is the link of the article .
Sorry for my bad English.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
If he doesn’t sleep then that might explain why he screws up some times, eg. Refugee deal, tenders etc. Unless those were intentionslly done.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If he doesn’t sleep then that might explain why he screws up some times, eg. Refugee deal, tenders etc. Unless those were intentionslly done.
How would you handle the refugee deal? Don't just say better. Erdoğan has advisers who do the homework for him to come up with the best course of action. Mind you though even the best course of action falls short from being satisfactory at times. Tenders ? What's wrong with them?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
How would you handle the refugee deal? Don't just say better. Erdoğan has advisers who do the homework for him to come up with the best course of action. Mind you though even the best course of action falls short from being satisfactory at times. Tenders ? What's wrong with them?

I wouldn’t have signed it, or implemented it. I would have used the massive amount as an excuse to force EU to put soldiers on the ground in Syria.

Either that or face their own societies collapse.

Dealing with foreign politics requires you to understand their mindset.

For instance, you think we would have the problems with GC if we hadn’t allowed them to join EU ?

Even our admirals say that was a mistake.

The entire collective minds serving RTE have one common aspect, they don’t understand the mindset of foreigners. Well Cavusoglu seems to be an exception.

RTE wanted to blackmail EU after 28.feb that is true because he signed the deal.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let the foreigners try to understand our mindset.

GC if we hadn’t allowed them to join EU. Like we could do anything about it. LOL
force EU to put soldiers on the ground in Syria.
That's not what we want, we want our soldiers there not foreigners.

And beware, there was that thing called the gangs that tied the hands of the government until mid 2016 and even sometime after.

The Visa exemption deal has a chance to move forward sometime soon.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many feto accomplice from akp has been arrested ? 0! None from the governement or circle

who forced RTE to implement the deal despite signing it ? RTE himself, he could have given a counter command saying ignore the deal, what was I thinking.

But no, he didn't do any of that.

Azbaroj

Reactions
1 213
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Hi bro , it is your internal affairs, we cannot comment about that .
The meaning of the article has a hidden meaning, means Turks are facing hardles one after another in multiple fronts. Turkish people thinks fighting as much enemy at a time is as much of honour . They are opening fronts one after another and so far successful in every front . At least in there front they halt Putin without much more deteriorating relation with him .
Sorry for my limitations to translate the whole article. This is the most prominent newspaper of BD and secular in nature . The article is a good read .

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many feto accomplice from akp has been arrested ? 0! None from the governement or circle

who forced RTE to implement the deal despite signing it ? RTE himself, he could have given a counter command saying ignore the deal, what was I thinking.

But no, he didn't do any of that.
Istanbul's previous governor Kadir Topbaş's son in law was with feto and it costed him an early retirement from his third time in office. He was removed from his position at the cost of losing many of Boşnak support to AK Parti. Which was a bold move. People had relations with feto at various levels. It only matters if they are involved in defined crimes. Which is the same as with other terror groups.

I believe The Visa exemption deal is worth pursuing.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

Prominent Bangladeshi newspaper The Prothom Alo published an article about President Recap Tayyip Erdogan.
Heading of the article is, President Erdogan never sleep.
This article discusses about how he is successfully facing world players like Trump , Putin, Macron and EU . He successfully and unitedly push away Turkish enemy by applying calculated power.
He leads Turkey towards a regional power not only with force but also by political game as an expert player . Turkey is going to be self sufficient in arms industry under his ledearship .
Here is the link of the article .
Sorry for my bad English.
Many thanks for sharing. Bangladesh is a valuable partner and ally and its views about our region is important to us.

Azbaroj

Reactions
1 213
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Many thanks for sharing. Bangladesh is a valuable partner and ally and its views about our region is important to us.
In Facebook, profile picture of Erdogan is a creaz , ottoman is a creaz sa well as Turkey. Many groups and pages posting about Turkey restlessly. A lot of people here think Turkey as their own country. Nothing less than that.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Istanbul's previous governor Kadir Topbaş's son in law was with feto and it costed him an early retirement from his third time in office. He was moved from his position at the cost of losing many of Boşnak support to AK Parti. Which was a bold move. People had relations with feto at various levels. It only matters if they are involved in defined crimes. Which is the same as with other terror groups.

I believe The Visa exemption deal is worth pursuing.
Turkey is never going to get that. Because that is what EU fears the most. After membership.

Just pretend what I said to be the absolute truth, how does things look for Turkey, the unemployed youngsters, trade union with it’s restrictions ?
Do you also dream of working in EU, or maybe your relatives ?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is never going to get that. Because that is what EU fears the most. After membership.

Just pretend what I said to be the absolute truth, how does things look for Turkey, the unemployed youngsters, trade union with it’s restrictions ?
Do you also dream of working in EU, or maybe your relatives ?
I have actually visited several European countries in the past for business but I don't plan to even visit Europe ever again. Although I have a neighbor who went to France to see what he can do and came back with no further attempts now talking again about going to Germany. The visa exemption is not for working but a visitors visa so thinking about working in EU just because you can travel there is farfetched. I believe Turkey will have better opportunities for growth than does EU. It is only that being restricted in your travels sucks that you want more freedom.

If this visa deal will not come true I will be totally in favor of imposing same conditions to EU travelers wishing to visit Turkey.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have actually visited several European countries in the past for business but I don't plan to even visit Europe ever again. Although I have a neighbor who went to France to see what he can do and came back with no further attempts now talking again about going to Germany. The visa exemption is not for working but a visitors visa so thinking about working in EU just because you can travel there is farfetched. I believe Turkey will have better opportunities for growth than does EU. It is only that being restricted in your travels sucks that you want more freedom.

If this visa deal will not come true I will be totally in favor of imposing same conditions to EU trawellers wishing to visit Turkey.
I think it’s fine to let tourists come and go, but not buying houses, apartments and such. We don’t want oil sheiks buying half the block because they got the money.

Bilal9

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
FE Online Desk | Published: October 07, 2020 00:32:49 | Updated: October 07, 2020 00:35:05
Turkish envoy visits renovated Icon Tower of FBCCI

Mr. Mustafa Osman Turan, the Ambassador of Turkey visited the FBCCI's newly-renovated Icon Tower in the capital's Motijheel on Monday, in response to FBCCI President Sheikh Fazle Fahim’s invitation; where they discussed bilateral trade and investment between Bangladesh and Turkey.

Mr. Md. Muntakim Ashraf, FBCCI Senior Vice President; Mr. Md. Rejaul Kariem Rejnu, CIP, Vice President; Mr. Md. Munir Hossain, FBCCI Director, and the Commercial Counsellor for the Embassy of Turkey Mr. Kenan Kalayci were also present at the meeting.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom