Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can fly anything if you throw money at it. Cezeri is a mediocre design possibly made by a child.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
For some reason, this type of flying car concepts do not seem safe to me. I personally would not have tried to fly in such a vehicles. :D This technology can give confidence after 50 years, but for now, no.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For some reason, this type of flying car concepts do not seem safe to me. I personally would not have tried to fly in such a vehicles. :D This technology can give confidence after 50 years, but for now, no.
Because it IS not safe. The moment motors stop it will fall down like a rock.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Manned design, unmanned flight..
That's OK as everyone else does the same thing. They wlli fly it manned if they trust it enough to do so going forward. But we have seen them crash after many dozens of successful flights. Hoversurf crashed a couple months ago. Even Boeing's design crashed once.

S

Sinan

There are hundreds of designs out there, over 300 designs to be more precise. Türkiye deserves to sport better designs.
I remember that they asked Elon Musk about flying cars. He said that he considered flying cars but he came to a realization that it has no future because of 2 main points.

1-) Not safe.
2-) Generating a lot of noise.

I think Cezeri will have no market future but it might act as a technology demonstrator. Maybe, some military applications in the future.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember that they asked Elon Musk about flying cars. He said that he considered flying cars but he came to a realization that it has no future because of 2 main points.

1-) Not safe.
2-) Generating a lot of noise.

I think Cezeri will have no market future but it might act as a technology demonstrator. Maybe, some military applications in the future.
Elon Musk is such a sucker. He can't wrap his head around flying car concepts. He once said "everytime I think about it my mind wants to blow". What he is talking about is an "electric, supersonic, vertical take of and landing aircraft". He says it has to be 70% battery to have a reasonable range and be compelling. His latest move made batteries come close to 350Wh/kg gravimetric energy density rating but still way off to power a supersonic VTOL. If he were content with a .6 mach flyer I could definitely offer one.

Y

Yoyo

Current battery storage technology simply isn't sufficient to make "flying electric cars" practical, safe and cost efficient. That aside, imagine what kind of mad pandemonium would ensue if you allowed everyone with a driver's license to fly a car as well. Shit would constanly fall out of the sky. The world isn't ready for such a leap yet and won't be for decades.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Flying car developers develop their designs for the civilian market. Mainly for urban air taxi operations rather then personal ownership. However taking advantage of the slow down caused by the pandemic US Army started the Agility Prime program where developers get to present their designs and hope to get a military contract. So military is an afterthought but will take the stage sooner than the civilian users.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
This technology of flying car is being tried and tested since 100 years already but never made into anything comercial for a good reason.
There are enough morons on the road, imagine them suddenly flying...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
People think that ordinary road car drivers will drive flying cars but current aviation laws dictate the vehicle to be driven/piloted by trained pilots. So not for everyone. The only exception is in the US where you can fly without a license over scarcely populated areas with a small one person vehicle.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Other Turkish companies

602a45_82db1f37592a434084f5b19ac03f79c0~mv2.webp

turkey_al_1595601699.jpg

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
People think that ordinary road car drivers will drive flying cars but current aviation laws dictate the vehicle to be driven/piloted by trained pilots. So not for everyone. The only exception is in the US where you can fly without a license over scarcely populated areas with a small one person vehicle.
Well thats exactly the reason why there will be no flying cars in the next 100 years either which is why prototypes as such are just a dead investment.

Top Bottom