Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt

Chad: President Idriss Déby dies, says national radio​

By The Africa Report
Posted on Tuesday, 20 April 2021 12:47
SIPA_AP22469000_000036-scaled-e1618915642289-732x419.jpg

Chad President Idriss Deby(Ludovic Marin, Pool via AP)
According to a confirmation from the national army of Chad read on national radio, the newly re-elected President Idriss Déby has died of wounds he received while commanding his army in battles against rebels in the north.
In a swift change of fate, after news had come in that Chad’s veteran president, Idriss Déby had won a sixth term in the latest provisional results in on Monday by 79.3%, an announcement broadcast on national radio today has announced his death.
According to the army spokesperson, Général Azem Bemrandoua Agouna, the military had been pushed back by a column of insurgents who were advancing on the capital, N’Djamena.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seriously it's difficult to not suspect foul play.

Thats the first thing that popped into my mind. No way out of that entire army would the goddamn President be ever put in such a dangerous risky position and place. My guts say its a low-key coup. France doing some shady shit prolly.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Thats the first thing that popped into my mind. No way out of that entire army would the goddamn President be ever put in such a dangerous risky position and place. My guts say its a low-key coup. France doing some shady shit prolly.

And in which interests would France eliminate Déby ? He's an ally of France,a key partner against the jihadisation of the Sahel and for the stabilization of the Sahel...

BTW a military council headed by his son Mahamat Idriss Déby Itno took power.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
And in which interests would France eliminate Déby ? He's an ally of France,a key partner against the jihadisation of the Sahel and for the stabilization of the Sahel...

BTW a military council headed by his son Mahamat Idriss Déby Itno took power.
Force of habit lol.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seriously it is known that the Fact rebels are advancing.

It seems they could actually take power in Chad.

Honestly man why even bother so many people especially in Australia ask me we have to help.

I say this just leave Chad, Afghanistan and a lot of these tribal societies alone. You cant save everybody neither has democracy and secularism worked among tribal societies. Its best to leave them alone when you have that mentality of trying to save them you will only lead yourself to disappointment.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom