Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its really worrying how Russia has improved everytime they fight a war early on it comes with numerous setbacks and casualties then over time they get their act together.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 370
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I’m not saying this is not necessary, I’m just pointing out the obvious double counting of the US aid. They count it once when they procure it for their military, and count it again when they donate it to Ukraine.

So if the US pays 1 billion to buy artillery shells to replenish their own stockpiles, and then donates those shells to Ukraine, they count the aid twice, as being 2 billion, but in reality they only donated shells worth 1 billion.

I’m not saying they don’t send aid, I’m saying they always overstate it to look twice what it really is. So when the US is counted as giving 40 billion in aid, it usually gives 20 billion only.

The maths is not the same for the European countries, which only count once the aid they give to Ukraine.

The double counting is a marketing trick to fool the world into believing that they are by far the biggest donor, when the reality is that the EU and its member countries have donated much more to Ukraine.

I think there is a bit of creative PR where military aid is concerned. Suppose country A is replacing a defence system that originally cost a billion dollars to buy. Instead of scrapping the old system, country A sends it to Ukraine. Country A will announce it is giving Ukraine a billion dollars in military aid.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom