Committed member
Reactions
5 314
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And even I can obviously write now.

You were all surprised why Germany suddenly released weapons and parts deliveries amounting to 336 million and caved in to Eurofighter.

After Turkish threat because of SIEMENS turbine through certain Turkish channels, he has received new orders from the industry. he even wanted to send the turbine as well, but the Turkish side refused.
If you had seen how the corridors at the Foreign Office were full of people in full haste, you could cry.
This is pure speculation....The parts that have been approved for export by the German government are all naval parts and their ammunition, therefore not a factor for use in Syria, Iraq & Co, because torpedoes and missiles are everything the PKK/YPG does not have on a large scale for naval war targets and they are not fighting against Turkey at sea either.
So Germany and the USA & Co have no concerns from a strategic point of view.

Turkey would never reject these Siemens turbines, according to the motto "you don't want to deliver, we will contest the purchase contract with a claim for damages and other means".
They will delay this as long as they can until it comes to nothing.
Turkey needs these turbines and since Germany dances to the tune of the USA and Israel and is protected by them, nothing will happen.

All superpowers for example USA/Israel, China/Russia have one thing in common - they do not want another nuclear state that could potentially develop nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
33 19,529
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well I'm interested in what kind of threats we can throw at them that would make them start delivering. I mean obviously they'll try to do the same shit with EF, so I think we should as bare minimum demand they be produced in a country that will deliver them, UK., Spain

I am wondering if the purchase goes through, but they cause trouble with delivery onto our soil just like F35, who are we going to have headbutting with ?

I mean if we have good relations with UK and they get caught up in this, then won't we be straining our relations ?

somegoodusername

Reactions
1 237
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan helped Baykar with massive order. This money flow helped Baykar to grow up. In the second stage, Erdogan threading the export deals with customer. No arms deal, without government permission.

A classical nepotism!
I'm 100% anti-Erdoğan, and I don't have much love for the Bayraktar brothers, but I don't think Baykar's success is tied to government contracts. They offer good products at reasonable prices, and there are no real alternatives to the TB-2 or Akıncı in our domestic market.

However, our military has yet to procure much-needed VTOL drones, despite 3-4 producers having finished products for several years. If the military signs a mass contract with Baykar for their KALKAN drones without opening a tender for other products to compete, that would be 100% corruption.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom