Denmark offers Syrian refugees money to return home or be put in a deportation centre

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Return to Syria and faced certain death and torture? man just how f****d up could one country be

Anyway, Syria is a tragedy. And it boggles my mind why so little attention from their neighboring Arab countries/people are given to them from the Assad megalomaniacs.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
So only the Syrians from near Damascus? That isn't very many for now.

94 refugees​

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Anyway, Syria is a tragedy. And it boggles my mind why so little attention from their neighboring Arab countries/people are given to them from the Assad megalomaniacs.
There was in the early 2010s but rebels failing along with Russian intervention he was locked in from 2015.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There was in the early 2010s but rebels failing along with Russian intervention he was locked in from 2015.
That's quite a stab in the back.

Now all I see is Arab regimes doing their outmost to increase the suffering of the Syrians.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
The war is done and he won, they are trying to pull him away from Iran and gain influence. It would be a geopolitical failure to shun him from reconciliation.

I fail to see how them shunning him would help civilians at all, in fact the Arab regimes can help rebuild Syria. They aren't involved militarily there it is purely a political and economic state of relations.

What would you rather let Russia and Iran control Syria and the region?

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The war is done and he won, they are trying to pull him away from Iran and gain influence. It would be a geopolitical failure to shun him from reconciliation. I fail to see how them shunning him would help civilians at all, in fact the Arab regimes can help rebuild Syria.
The war is hardly over, Assad controls cities in the coastal and mountainous area in the western part of the country, the Northern part is controlled by the rebels and half of the country riches in oil and farming field is controlled by the Kurds.

That if you don't take Isis into account, the Central desert (which is mostly empty) had been their playing ground for years with increasingly confident Isis presence even in the day.

Apparently by reconciling with murderer like Assad, it confirms the narratives that Arab countries are doing their best to hurt the Syrians. Assad killed more Syrians then the all the rebels combined in Syria.

By punishing him actually shows that he couldn't got away with what he had done.

On the contrary, by accepting him and his rule that means to legitimize him and his murderous policy against Syrians.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
The war is hardly over, Assad controls cities in the coastal and mountainous area in the western part of the country, the Northern part is controlled by the rebels and half of the country riches in oil and farming field is controlled by the Kurds.

That if you don't take Isis into account, the Central desert (which is mostly empty) had been their playing ground for years with increasingly confident Isis presence even in the day.

Apparently by reconciling with murderer like Assad, it confirms the narratives that Arab countries are doing their best to hurt the Syrians. Assad killed more Syrians then the all the rebels combined in Syria.

By punishing him actually shows that he couldn't got away with what he had done.

On the contrary, by accepting him and his rule that means to legitimize him and his murderous policy against Syrians.
You are thinking emotionally, it is beneficial for all Arab countries that Iran is isolated in the region. Syrians are a small part of the game, if Iran has its way it will do far more to harm Arab people than Assad could ever do.

Again, the Syrians living inside Assad territory are in quite a predicament whats your solution with that? Let them starve, let their living situations stay bad?

Arab countries can help rebuild Syria and take influence from Iran in the region. Geopolitics are not emotionally motivated and they can't be otherwise you get a terrible strategy.

Whether you realize it or not, Turkey supports the Arab countries getting involved in Syria so that they can influence how Syria acts towards Turkey amid thawing of ties between GCC and Turkey.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What would you rather let Russia and Iran control Syria and the region?
Umm, it's Assad who brought them to the country......

You are thinking emotionally, it is beneficial for all Arab countries that Iran is isolated in the region. Syrians are a small part of the game, if Iran has its way it will do far more to harm Arab people than Assad could ever do.
I'm far from being emotional, I'm actually very objective. Assad will not just divorce Iran because you got cozy with him . You might want to remember that his sect is closer to that of Shiite Iran. And his illegal rule in Syria is motivated by ensuring the minority Alawi rule over the majority Sunni of Syria.

If history shows anything, even when Syria is a big player in the Arab world during his father Hafiz Assad rule. They will not simply support Arabs just because they're Arabs.

On the contrary, Syria is a major supporter of Iran during the Iran-Iraq war. Your bet is quite

Syrians are a small part of the game,

Off course they are small part of the game, other people's life just don't matter. Again confirming my earlier note that it's odd that neighboring Arabs shockingly does little to help their fellow Arabs next door.

if Iran has its way it will do far more to harm Arab people than Assad could ever do.

Again, the Syrians living inside Assad territory are in quite a predicament whats your solution with that? Let them starve, let their living situations stay bad?
Again, Assad isn't running out of money, his kin and families are living in luxury while people in Tartous are starving and queing for fuel. Do you think that he'll care for the ordinary Syrians once you "normalize" ties with him?

No, he' s corrupt and there not amount of money you'll sent to him will help the average Syrians.

The arguments that Syria will be better if he's ruling the entire country had already been debunked by the very facts I point above.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@AlphaMike
Agree to disagree my friend, geopolitics in the Middle East are far more complex than what we can comprehend and it is inevitable that Assad's regime will be normalized by everyone in the region eventually. Assad is a small piece of the puzzle of proxy wars and influence in the region, and frankly Iran can't provide enough support to rejuvenate the country and is too controlling of Assad to be likable compared to Russia or the GCC.

(P.S)
Yes, even Turkey.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom