Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
58.png

Six weeks into Russia's invasion of Ukraine it can be argued that the full array of issues affecting the Russian military and its operational planning have been laid bare. Setting out to first seize Kyiv within days in order to have a strong position in negotiations with the West about the future status of Ukraine in exchange for a reduction of sanctions, it suddenly finds itself a month past that deadline with meagre territorial gains, an army in tatters and severe reputational damage, not to mention an economy buckling under some of the heaviest sanctions ever instated on a nation. [1]

Having lost more than 2.500 military vehicles and heavy pieces of military equipment, including at least 480 tanks, Russia has meanwhile been forced to adjust its ambitions to conquering just the Donbass territories of Donetsk and Lugansk with the aid of its proxy forces, aside from the southeastern part of Ukraine that had already been largely secured. [2] Though Russia maintains that its offensive on Kyiv was merely a ruse to keep Ukrainian forces busy while degrading their combat capabilities and advancing elsewhere, and that the retreat from the Kyiv operational zone was to give space for negotations, it doesn't take a skeptic to point out that these are mere face-saving excuses for grave military failures. [3]

The rest at ------>

Last edited:

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
According to a current British intelligence operative, the Russians lost 600 para's. I just had to laugh at that nonsense. Also the Russians have barely lost 500 vehicles total in the war, most of those in the first week when they bypassed Ukrainian defensive positions and get cut off and destroyed. Since then the Russian loses have been minimal.

One thing which has shocked me is the lack of effect of the anti tank and anti air missiles supplied to the Ukrainians. These things are so useless that the Russians don't even bother about them at this point. I honestly don't get how people can claiming this as a massive defeat for the Russians. The Ukrainian army/air force/navy has been dismantled and destroyed. The Russians have lost minimal forces, the Ukrainians never had any capability to operationally maneuver.

M

Manomed

According to a current British intelligence operative, the Russians lost 600 para's. I just had to laugh at that nonsense. Also the Russians have barely lost 500 vehicles total in the war, most of those in the first week when they bypassed Ukrainian defensive positions and get cut off and destroyed. Since then the Russian loses have been minimal.

One thing which has shocked me is the lack of effect of the anti tank and anti air missiles supplied to the Ukrainians. These things are so useless that the Russians don't even bother about them at this point. I honestly don't get how people can claiming this as a massive defeat for the Russians. The Ukrainian army/air force/navy has been dismantled and destroyed. The Russians have lost minimal forces, the Ukrainians never had any capability to operationally maneuver.
Each Il 76 carries 200 paras and Two of them got shotdown you laughing at this too?

M

Manomed

Your daddy russians can't even fought good against small ukraine good luck Invading Turkiye or any other country lol

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bro the elite vdv got wiped out!!!

This debacle reminds me of the Germans sending their elite paratroopers without even proper support.

Russian paratroopers suffered heavy casualties, equipment destroyed along with planes and helicopters shot down.

It was a massacre. Russians even admitted their paratroopers suffered heavy casualties and were sent to do a suicide mission.

Not only did they not recieve proper support they were left alone and outnumbered.

There was also rumours of Ukraine expecting paratroopers to be the spear of the attack. Hence why they prepared for them.

Russians plans was for the vdv to secure and infiltrate but instead got locked in a suicide mission which led to their defeat.

You gotta remember Gamal nasser once sent Egyptian special forces into yemen without even proper support or direction as usual they got massacred by Yemeni tribesman.

People need to stop treating elite units or special forces as some super dooper force that can take on anybody or do the impossible.

If Turkiye sent its paratroopers like that it would have led to riots even a military coup or even resignations. It would have been a scandal.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Well I can tell you from personal experience that someone should always be worried about anti tank weapons. Logic being, everyone likes his own ass.
Also I think you shouldn't smoke that much , it makes you dizzy for days in end so probably you think that we are in the second week of the war. I got to tell you, you might not be impressed by the javelins but the crews of t72 are .
Also learn to count, it might be useful at some point, even one day you can get a job above the minimal wage

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom