The old material of the National Guard is expected to be upgraded through armament programs. It seems, in fact, that there is an antidote to Turkish "bayraktar" type drones. These are the anti-aircraft "Mistral", which are of French manufacture and origin.
The planning of the National Guard includes, among others, the following:
1. Partial replacement of the old air defense systems with the purchase of the French new generation "Mistral", which have a range of 8 km, ie about 21,000 feet. It is noted that the Turkish drones "bayraktar" can fly up to 22 to 23 thousand feet.
2. The purchase of multiple rocket launchers from Serbia with a range of about 40 km is planned. These launchers can also use smart missiles, as they are called, umbrella type, aimed at chariots on the battlefield. Two Squadrons of 155 mm Nora self-propelled guns have already been purchased. Serbia is a cheap and reliable market.
3. Tenders have already been announced for the purchase of modern combat helicopters. So far, French and Italian companies are participating in the offers. It is not ruled out that helicopters will be purchased from European markets, but missiles will also be preferred from the Israeli market due to reliability and political expediency. Already, Russian Mi-35P helicopters have been sold to Serbia with the consent of the manufacturer.
4. An agreement has been concluded with France for the supply of modern "Exocet" with a range of 180 kilometers in order to cover the Cyprus EEZ. They are expected to be delivered and be operational by 2023.
5. There are plans for the repair of Russian T-80 tanks. In general, all the weapons systems of the National Guard want to be renewed and repaired due to old age, which means that the defense budget will have to be increased in order for the citizen to feel more secure due to the ever-increasing Turkish threat.