Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,728
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Oil is expected to be $150 a barrel. The gas hike tsunami is on its way, folks.

@Cabatli_TR @Test7_TR @Zafer @Ryder @TR_123456 @MisterLike @Yasar @Nilgiri
What do you think Western response will be?
Will the price cap have any effect by then?

This is a clear indication that OPEC nations want the warto be prolonged in order to benefit from the high oil prices! Putin's greatest weapon isnt nuclear warheads but bloody gas

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the medium term electric cars will dominate and the transition will be quick. News of a Korean company founding a $4bn battery factory in Ankara have emerged just today. And we already know of others.

In the short term more explorations and bringing new sources online will remedy the situation in a couple of years. There will be pain for like 18 months I guess.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,989
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the medium term electric cars will dominate and the transition will be quick. News of a Korean company founding a $4bn battery factory in Ankara have emerged just today. And we already know of others.

In the short term more explorations and bringing new sources online will remedy the situation in a couple of years. There will be pain for like 18 months I guess.

Nope electric cars wont dominate because

We are dependant on oil
Batteries need to be mined
Electric cars are expensive
Charging stations are not everywhere
Hyundais Ioniq 6 electric car failed emission tests
Infanstructure is not there to support electric cars
For the average family cant afford an electric car

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,249
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope electric cars wont dominate because

We are dependant on oil
Batteries need to be mined
Electric cars are expensive
Charging stations are not everywhere
Hyundais Ioniq 6 electric car failed emission tests
Infanstructure is not there to support electric cars
For the average family cant afford an electric car
Electric cars will not be the solution to anyone's problems. Because when you put forward this as an alternative to gasoline, there is no way to meet the electricity demand. Think about it, no one can store electricity on a city scale today. This is just proof of how ugly things can get. Moreover, electric cars will perhaps increase the dependence on natural gas due to their electricity generation capacity. All this requires a huge infrastructure investment.

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
These Democrats want to ride Trump's achievements, $30 a barrel during Trump's administration was an exception, $120 a barrel during the Obama administration is actually the norm.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Electric cars will not be the solution to anyone's problems. Because when you put forward this as an alternative to gasoline, there is no way to meet the electricity demand. Think about it, no one can store electricity on a city scale today. This is just proof of how ugly things can get. Moreover, electric cars will perhaps increase the dependence on natural gas due to their electricity generation capacity. All this requires a huge infrastructure investment.
You have wind blowing during the night which you can use to produce electric to charge your car batteries at night.

There are other types of batteries that are being worked on other than lithium ion like aluminium and silicone batteries.

Car sharing will shrink the number of cars that need to be on the street to carry the same number of people. Same for working from home.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,249
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have wind blowing during the night which you can use to produce electric to charge your car batteries at night.

There are other types of batteries that are being worked on other than lithium ion like aluminium and silicone batteries.

Car sharing will shrink the number of cars that need to be on the street to carry the same number of people. Same for working from home.
This is not an investment that every electric car buyer can afford. (It actually makes a lot of sense to get the electricity bill for free.) But as the scale of investments gets smaller, the financing business becomes more complicated.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Charging in densely populated cities will be the major problem, imo. Charging times need to come down. And ofc, the grid should be able to meet the surging demand. Mining, ev prices, charging stations are all easier problems to tackle. Give a decade and all will be worked through.

Edit: One thing to add. There are not enough qualified EV technicians to service the cars. This could also be a bottleneck for the wide adoption.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many varieties of electric cars can be made to cater to every varying need of people. Ranging from scooters to sports cars. The most useful type has not even been made yet. I believe in 5 years time cars that can not be made with petrol engines will be made with electric motors. Even I do have a design for a two or three seater family car.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,989
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many varieties of electric cars can be made to cater to every varying need of people. Ranging from scooters to sports cars. The most useful type has not even been made yet. I believe in 5 years time cars that can not be made with petrol engines will be made with electric motors. Even I do have a design for a two or three seater family car.

If I have money I want a V12, V10 or a V8.

Thats why a Electric sports car or a supercar wont work.

They want something that rumbles and gives sound. People who have the money willing to pay just for sound.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,989
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not an investment that every electric car buyer can afford. (It actually makes a lot of sense to get the electricity bill for free.) But as the scale of investments gets smaller, the financing business becomes more complicated.

Even Hyrbrids are expensive but in Australia the Toyota Corolla Hybrid is at 30k AUD.

Its more affordable than a electric car from other car manufacturers.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,249
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I have money I want a V12, V10 or a V8.

Thats why a Electric sports car or a supercar wont work.

They want something that rumbles and gives sound. People who have the money willing to pay just for sound.
None of the engines with fuel consumption above 1.6 will see the light of day. Because feeding those cars will start to compete with house prices. If you do not have your own petrol station, you will not be able to hit the road with this car.

In fact, it is necessary to make a general assessment in order to make a sound critique of the situation.

Currently, the strategic oil reserves of the USA are depleted. If oil prices reach $150, the US will cut its oil exports. This means that in addition to OPEC, the USA also cuts few million barrels from the market. In other words, all these will cause an unprecedented inflation wave around the world. That's when you won't be able to get gas even if you pay money. Folks, you are making very long-term plans. If I were you, I'd already stock up on my 1-2 months' worth of supplies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom