Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

She says she's compromised her religion many times as part of her job - including missing prayer times set out in the Islamic faith or agreeing to model without a hijab on, using another item of clothing to cover her head.
She added that she had "sobbed" in her hotel room after shooting some campaigns over not speaking up about what she thought was right.
"The truth is I was very uncomfortable," she wrote on Instagram.
"This just ain't me," she added.

Kristian Keller, redaktionschef på Soundvenue, siger til DR, at branchen har brugt Halima Aden til at vise, at den er blevet omfavnende og mangfoldig, men uden at den rent faktisk er blevet det. Og at det er derfor, at Halima Aden nu trækker sig.

»Der kommer tit nogle få, som bliver gjort meget store, hvor modebranchen siger: »Nu er du vores hijabklædte model. Nu er du vores store model«. Hun (Halima Aden, red.) føler, at hun er blevet presset nogle steder hen, hvor hun ikke har haft lyst til at være,« siger Kristian Keller til DR.

According to the danish article the fashion industry tried to pretend they embraced everyone without actually doing it. And the industry push the models to places where they don't want to be.

I thought she did a good job showing the good and stylish side of hibaj/muslim women.

I wish she had continued, but if she doesn't feel it can be done without compromising her identity, then that is her choice.

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think hijab women can work as model in Indonesia where majority of women wear hijab voluntarily and there is relatively freedom of expression in here.

Some of fashion show in Indonesia

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,987
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
How do y'all dress on a normal day?

Everyone says I dress like some type of undercover agent. Everything is understated, monotone, neat, well fitted and masculine. Sometimes I'll add a bracelet or necklace to spice it up a little. One thing I hate is anything with a big logo on it.

A few years ago I had a terrible sense of fashion. I'd wear what the rest of the youth here was wearing. Adidas and Nike everywhere, it looked incredibly bad.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom