Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
PA.7410259.jpg

It has been announced that İstanbul will host a Grand Prix for the first time since 2011. The Turkish Grand Prix, the 14th race of this season, will be run on November 13-15. It has not yet been clarified whether the race will be open to fans or not.

The Turkish Grand Prix has been added to the calendar of Formula 1 after an interval of nine years. Held in İstanbul for seven times from 2005 to 2011, Turkey has been added to the 2020 calendar, which has been revised due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Accordingly, Turkey's Intercity İstanbul Park in Tuzla will host a Grand Prix to be run on November 13-15, 2020. It will be this year's 14th round and will mark the 8th Grand Prix to be hosted by Turkey.

It has not yet been announced whether the audience will be accepted into İstanbul Park, considering the pandemic measures expected to be taken.

While the season will last shorter this year due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the organizers previously cancelled the races in South and North America and moved them all to European countries.

Formula 1 has announced the decision to add Turkey to the calendar again has also been announced on social media:

'They will be open to a limited number of fans'​

Formula 1 has made the following statement about this year's races:

"We can confirm that Turkey, Bahrain, and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season and want to express our thanks to the hard work of all our promoters and partners in making this 17-race season possible.

"Sadly, we will not be racing in China this season and want to thank our partner Juss Sports for their support and engagement in recent months and hugely look forward to returning to Shanghai next year.

"We can confirm that a number of races in the revised 2020 season will be open to a limited number of fans, including hospitality, and we are working with each promoter to finalise the details.

"While we want to see as many fans as possible return as soon as it is safe to do so, our priority remains the safety of the Formula 1 community and the communities we visit, and we review fan access on this basis.

"Due to the ongoing fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to maintain close dialogue with all promoters and local authorities to ensure we operate in the safest way possible and monitor each national situation closely – including travel restrictions and local health procedures."

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Funny how they use loud sounding v8s while using pieces of shit in the real races.

Blatant false advertisement.

Bring back the v8s, v10s or the v12s.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,953
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are a lot of other automobile racing besides Formula-1 also Motor-GP (motorcycle) etc.

I see a lot of possibilities but the interest from our side is not given.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are a lot of other automobile racing besides Formula-1 also Motor-GP (motorcycle) etc.

I see a lot of possibilities but the interest from our side is not given.

We need to spend time on it, promote it, and keep it up.

As time goes by more and more will show interest.

In the video he's saying the Istanbul Park is now being used 300 days out of a year, which is amazing imo.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,953
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey

In the video he's saying the Istanbul Park is now being used 300 days out of a year, which is amazing imo.

I know but how much of it is used for international motorsport events?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Motorsport is pretty expensive for anybody to even participate thats why people are racing come from well off families.

Not to mention nobody in Turkiye wants to be a racing driver because its all about football. Football is a religion in Turkey hence why nobody cares about motorsport.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,736
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Motorsport is pretty expensive for anybody to even participate thats why people are racing come from well off families.

Not to mention nobody in Turkiye wants to be a racing driver because its all about football. Football is a religion in Turkey hence why nobody cares about motorsport.
I'm Besiktas fan, not that I watch football anymore or have cared for the past 20 years, but because their symbol is the Eagle :)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm Besiktas fan, not that I watch football anymore or have cared for the past 20 years, but because their symbol is the Eagle :)

I was a bandwagoner. I was a besiktas fan then to switched to gala after the 6-0 loss to fenerbahce i switched to fenerbahce after a few years I just lost interest.

I really did take the 6-0 loss to heart 🤣🤣

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly I hope this leads to Istanbul park coming as a dlc to F1 2021!!!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom