German Army: the Future Fires Concept

S

Sinan

I wonder if they saw what happened in Libya, Idlib and Karabag? I'm not saying armored vehicles, artillery and tanks become obsolete but they need to find a way to survive in a battleground where UCAVs destroy everything.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if they saw what happened in Libya, Idlib and Karabag? I'm not saying armored vehicles, artillery and tanks become obsolete but they need to find a way to survive in a battleground where UCAVs destroy everything.
Without layered air defense and Air superiority you will loose any war, doesnt matter even if you have 100k tanks.
Airforce will be the single most important branch of a Military in the future if it isnt already.

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Without layered air defense and Air superiority you will loose any war, doesnt matter even if you have 100k tanks.
Airforce will be the single most important branch of a Military in the future if it isnt already.
No wonder, USA is heavily investing in air superiority, there are even reports that the US has already some sort of prototype for their 6th-gen aircraft

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
73 15,924
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The project for the antitank mine missile with a range in excess of 80 km and that of the Intruder UAS, which will operate at more than 300 km, are underway albeit in the very early stage."

Antitank mine missile? What's that? Anybody to enlighten me?
I know about a Russian made top attack antitank mine PTKM-1R but the German concept seems different. 80km range and it is stated that it is a missile. Is it using some kind of radar? What kind of sensors it have?

PTKM-1R

Top Bottom