BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Always felt uneasy about the number 18. Might aswell have made it 24 to make it a full squadron, which they apparently took to heart lol.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
It is important to announce the delivery schedule and whether there will be co-production in Greece with transfer of know-how. These are the most important things that need to be done.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It is important to announce the delivery schedule and whether there will be co-production in Greece with transfer of know-how. These are the most important things that need to be done.

The number in question seems to be too low for that to be feasible, or am I mistaken?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Just explain to me why on Earth would they give ToT to you guys when they can just squander you guys from every penny in your pockets
No offense meant

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,782
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just explain to me why on Earth would they give ToT to you guys when they can just squander you guys from every penny in your pockets
No offense meant
greece is in default state since 15 years. Back in 2008 when big economy crisis hit us then all owner of finance try to check and squeese all financed loaners to find that one of this goes back to greece state and it in that time became in FACT that greece have total debt of percentage 230% + of GDP to repay!
Also owners of the fiancing greece try to check what they can get as a greece asset it became clear that even asset (airport,harbors, companies etc. ) were already taken as a way to pay the debt.

So the main question still remain in present day. What greece can offer to anybody when comes to payment of NEW/second hand toys?

One thing is clear what ever they offer to pay is VERY HIGH RISK to return to anyone selling any high value product to greece state.

Bla Bla Bla can and will continue about greece trying or buying this and that. But in reallity greece economy and his ppl which will have to pay the dues as long term for next 2 generations are already taken as burden. I am saying that IF and IF greece try something it will be game over. But there are big numbers of naive ppl so we will see where this gonna went

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
The number in question seems to be too low for that to be feasible, or am I mistaken?
Depending on the order in which the negotiation took place. If the Greek Government had from the beginning the intention to receive 24 fighters and just wanted the last 6 to be announced with co-production in Greece then it was a smart move on the part of Greek diplomacy. But because here in Greece they do everything to put money in their pocket without any plan, i am sure that the additional 6 fighters came to the negotiating table afterwards. These moves are spasmodic and show that the Greek side is worried about the 12 Rafale fighters of Qatar in Turkey that will remain for 5 years.

Last edited:

Pantelis

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus

24 rafales are big step for HAF. We have no enemies and these planes will be deployed in the east. Therefore, the only purpose of 24 rafales will be against Turkey. Also, Meteor missiles will make this jets very dangerous. Do you think the number will increase?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
24 rafales are big step for HAF. We have no enemies and these planes will be deployed in the east. Therefore, the only purpose of 24 rafales will be against Turkey. Also, Meteor missiles will make this jets very dangerous. Do you think the number will increase?
I do not think the number should go up. This move by Greece was immature, without a plan and with political expediencies. If the Hellenic Air Force had the slightest involvement in this market then it would ask for 40 Rafale for 4 billion euros in order to replace the Mirage 2000 and the possibility of co-production. Serious countries get quantities with transfer of know-how and not 18 fighters to become after 24!

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Why would you need Rafales if you have F-35's?
US wont give Greece F35s for now
They wouldnt want to not only antagonise Erdo further but also literally infuriate each and every turk on Earth.
They will probably give F35s to Greece and Turkey post 2023 and be able to control both of them from the shadows

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Tsipras, former prime minister of Greece:

“Mitsotakis buys planes and frigates like he buys ties. The arms race will only harm Greece.
Turkey produces 75% of its own defense needs. Greece, on the other hand, buys everything from abroad.”

Dont get me wrong here
Iam one of those who are against Greece buying countries' support by buying their weapons. This isnt a healthy relationship since the moment such parties finds out that Greece became useless or has lost; they will immediately abandon it and jump to another ship. This is especially a typical French and Italian move tbh

However, what do you expect from the current Greek government though? Do you guys think that military technology comes in a week or two? Hell No! Just look at Turkey as am example! You guys kept doing nothing significant pre 2000s while the other Western countries were working their asses off. Now you guys are working to the bone in order to close the difference; and certainly it wont be cheap; Turkey is paying billions of dollars in investments for such projects
Yet you expect Greece, which is still in debt and not one of the top 20 economies, to pay such amounts to nationalise such critical tech? Impossible! The only way is to buy the loyalty of strong EU countries by buying their weapons like crazy. Nothing else

Rome wasnt built in a day is all what I will say

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
US wont give Greece F35s for now
They wouldnt want to not only antagonise Erdo further but also literally infuriate each and every turk on Earth.
They will probably give F35s to Greece and Turkey post 2023 and be able to control both of them from the shadows
I think they will get F35s. (deliveries after 2025) In return they will not oppose Turkish F16 package. Hit two birds in one stone.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I think they will get F35s. (deliveries after 2025) In return they will not oppose Turkish F16 package. Hit two birds in one stone.
I mean the TSK would be stupid to be happy over their F16 Viper when Greece gets F35 jets
They arent the same

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean the TSK would be stupid to be happy over their F16 Viper when Greece gets F35 jets
They arent the same
However, there is no other choice. With or without Erdoğan F35 project has finished for Turkey. Until TFX (MMU), F16 package is the best solution ( if it is possible of course) .

If they reject, of course we will not sit and beg. We will focus on indigenious technology more and more and will ensure deterrence with UCAVs, Air Defence, more Balistic and Cruise Missiles. We will spend much more money on them till MMU/TFX. We will make our own way with our technology.

Last edited:

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Rafale1.jpg
Rafale2.jpg
Rafale3.jpg
Rafale4.jpg