Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Greek Hoplite has a strong opponent as the new Greek MRAP vehicle: the Storm Rider by the ELVO-Plasan company.

View attachment 35909
The issue is that ELVO was sold with the result that it is not a Greek company. This vehicle does not have Greek design and technology, it is an MRAP that Israel wants to launch. At least Greece should get half of it from Plasan with transfer of know-how and co-production and the other half should be from the "Greek" Hoplite.

Jacop

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
The issue is that ELVO was sold with the result that it is not a Greek company. This vehicle does not have Greek design and technology, it is an MRAP that Israel wants to launch.

This was what i mean

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
The issue is that ELVO was sold with the result that it is not a Greek company. This vehicle does not have Greek design and technology, it is an MRAP that Israel wants to launch. At least Greece should get half of it from Plasan with transfer of know-how and co-production and the other half should be from the "Greek" Hoplite.
Agree, I didnt say that Storm was Greek, but is a strong opponent of the Hoplite, if Greece decides to buy new MRAP's , which I hope to do soon.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
EODH presented the "Hoplite" in the General Staff of the 1st Army, 3rd Army Corp and 2nd Mechanized Infantry. Division.
The vehicle is characterized by the ease of adapting the design to any type of mission, through the rapid change of its cabin, and the possibility of maintenance and repair in field conditions.
In other words, we are talking about a vehicle capable of creating a family of vehicles, which will cover many different needs, such as command vehicle, Artillery Unit Fire Control Center, carrier of various weapons systems, artillery surveillance, electronic warfare, transport of wounded, patrols and police. , firefighting.

1637673714491.png
1637673737482.png

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom