Greece Air-Force Greece UAV/UCAV Programs

Kansei

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Pretty sure that’s the flag used in the 1821 Greek Revolution, but it might have also been used by Junta
A bit of topic but Isn't that rising phoenix the old coat of arms of the Military Junta?

Kansei

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
You underestimate ai and robots.

Remember this humans needs to eat, sleep, work and have sex.

While ai and robots have none of that not to mention they can do stuff that humans can never do.

Warfare is going towards the path of automation and autonomous systems.

You will literally have robots fighting in the field while drones are at the skies.

It sounds fiction but its gon a happen. Nowadayd nobody wnats to risk soldiers or even pilots getting killed.

Modern warfare of today has taught us this armies are trying to minimise their casualties.

Hence why unmanned systems are becoming more important. Its all about not risking anything for greater power.
I know what you mean by the power of AI and neural networks but like this technology has existed for years. For it for me to be realistically used as autonomously in war as you say it’s going to take at least two to three decades and like still I don’t know if I can say that extent like there are so many ways to counter them through confuse through electric waves and ECM, flares, Chaffs, I’ve even seen some systems literally just shoot a mini missile that shoots them with a net or the equivalent of silly string/foam. There are stuff like how will it recognise foe or enemy at all times it’s stuff like this that is holding the technology back

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You guys have UAVs as a mass offensive weapon because you are relatively lacking in that aspect with your Fighter planes which is a very iffy strategy because as we saw in Ukraine you need well established and dominant air surpeiority and it's kind of doubtful with their results.
Strange conclusion here, dont remember Turkey using drones as replacement for fighters, the only area where Turkey replaced fighters (not even completely) is asymetrical warfare. The F-16 and T-129 are still regularly flying missions into Iraq within the scope of ''claw'' operations.

Fighter are often way too expensive to use against terrorists and rag tags who have no air defence so drones are very handy, a squadron of TB-2s can monitor a whole region 24/7, give reconaissance and strike if necessary, for this purpose drones are way superior to any fighter that has only limited range and endurance in the air.

Other than that i dont remember Turkey using drones as a replacement for airforce, TF-X projects whole purpose is to elevate the airfoce into 21st century with as little dependance as possible, whether it will be success is another question, otherwise alternatives will come in place.

Drones have their place in the battlefield, they are not very capable against any state actors with a capable army for sure but that was never the intention to begin with, yet even then they can be useful if the enemy lacks certain capabilites, Russians know exactly what i am talking about, they became TB-2 experts in recent years.

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 676
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Sarissa SRS-1 combat drones of Greece, Hydra-70 rocket launch. The Greek company SAYS Technology showed the launch of the Hydra 70 rocket, from the Sarissa SRS-1X UAS drone it developed. This is the first launch of American unguided missiles from drones. The Hydra-70 aviation missile has a flight range of up to 8 kilometers and is in service with many NATO countries. The missile has been produced for the US Air Force for over 60 years. Greek drones of the Sarisa SRS-1 series are the basis for the drone combat platform, they can carry different weapons. Drones have a payload capacity of up to 25 kilograms, flight time, depending on the load, is up to 20 minutes. Greek drones from SAS Technology will be officially presented at the upcoming DEFEAT international exhibition from May 9 to 11.

Top Bottom