Happy 568th Anniversary of Istanbul Conquest!

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,451
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
1622292630669.png

1622289959310.png

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Well, it was a conquest of Constantinople, A 21-year-old achieved almost impossible.

Wow Mehmet literally finished the Roman empire and established the Ottoman

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I just want to add one more the Mehumt's achievement was no less when compared with Cesar's or Alexander's. After 23 failed attempts he still tried and won, with fair and square. Although Alexander failed to establish an empire

I don't even understand, outside Turkey, more people know about Attaturk than Mehmet. If we compare him in the Indian context he is equivalent to Ashoka the Great. We even today use his seal as our national seal
Ataturk made modern Turkey and is in my opinion more important in modern history for them. India never really had a figure like that imo.

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Ataturk made modern Turkey and is in my opinion more important in modern history for them. India never really had a figure like that imo.
That I agree we never had any statesmanlike Ataturk, the personality I compared Mehmut with ruled 2000 years back .... Ataturk made the modern Turkey but you cant overshadow what Mehmet did when he was just 21

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Booth are being remembered, among other, as an important milestone in Turkic history.

Top Bottom