Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good relations with Turkey are important to Israel and to the entire Middle East, Herzog added, especially as the "world order was shaken" due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"We won't agree on everything," the president noted, saying relations between Israel and Turkey had some "difficult moments" over the years. Despite that, Herzog stated he is committed to repairing Israel's ties with its Middle East neighbor through "actions and mutual respect."

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
God damn finally.
Its kinda scary how good Erdogan acts recently in foreign policy, i hope its not temporary until his next outburst.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
God damn finally.
Its kinda scary how good Erdogan acts recently in foreign policy, i hope its not temporary until his next outburst.
Too late, I guess. Chances are high that Turkey gets bankrupt even before Russia if the TRY restarts its devaluation process.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too late, I guess. Chances are high that Turkey gets bankrupt even before Russia if the TRY restarts its devaluation process.
Well thats true but restarting relations with Israel and West is a beginning, the recent war only showed how monumental Erdogans miscalculation was.
It will take years to clean the mess he created in 20 years.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,728
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Current pressure on TRY is due to the extremely high oil prices. This can be treated only by 3 methods

1- Increase interest rates
2- Stop the bloody war and remove sanctions on Russia
3- Stop Turkey's dependency on imported oil

All 3 are bad and have serious implications but can sustain the lira in the short term

And as for the Israeli visit, I think the only reason Erdo is rekindling the diplomatic relationship is to try and isolate Greece as much as possible since having Turkey as an ally is way more beneficial than having Greece as an ally among other things ofcourse

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
And as for the Israeli visit, I think the only reason Erdo is rekindling the diplomatic relationship is to try and isolate Greece as much as possible since having Turkey as an ally is way more beneficial than having Greece as an ally among other things ofcourse
What about the probable Gas pipeline?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we might hear a gas pipeline being announced soon, connecting to turkish pipelines is way cheaper and faster than building a new one across dozens of countries and throught the mediterranean.

1646854765833.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sometimes you need to let your counterparts alone for them to see their other options and come to a decision on their own volition.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,141
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was Erdogan who invited Herzog btw.
They can not visit you if you do not invite them.
If you want to be honest you need to see how Herzog holds on to Erdoğan with his two hands.

Top Bottom