Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

In pictures: Turkish chef Burak Ozdemir breaks bread with Panahgah residents​

Turkish social media star to 'open restaurant in Kashmir after its liberation from India’

Renowned Turkish chef and social media sensation Burak Ozdemir on Saturday arrived in Pakistan on a four-day visit during which he would visit different parts of the country.

Turkish-chef-21604159349-15.jpg

Known across the globe for his Middle Eastern style cuisine, the chef would remain in the country until November 3.
Turkish-chef-191604159343-0.jpg

Burak has a huge social media following with 17.2 million followers on Instagram, and over 477,000 followers on Twitter.

Turkish-chef-61604159346-12.jpg

Ozdemir praised the relations between Pakistan and Turkey and said that he has travelled all the way from his country to experience what Pakistan actually looks like.

Turkish-chef-151604159350-3.jpg

Ozdemir also visited Islamabad’s Ehsas Panahgah where he helped the staff with cooking and serving the food.

Turkish-chef-181604159343-1.jpg
The famous chef later ate food with the people at the Panahgah.

Turkish-chef-51604159349-13.jpg

Solidarity with Kashmir

Addressing a press conference in the federal capital, Burak said he was overwhelmed by the support and love of Pakistan after the recent earthquake in Turkey’s Izmir.

Turkish-chef-71604159349-11.jpg
Turkish-chef-31604159350-14.jpg

"We have always cherished excellent relations," he noted.

Turkish-chef-161604159345-2.jpg

Mentioning that he has decided to shorten his trip due to the earthquake back home, Ozdemir promised to visit different cities including Lahore and Karachi when he visits Pakistan next time.

Turkish-chef-81604159351-10.jpg

“I will start learning to cook more Pakistani food,” he said.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

In pictures: Turkish chef Burak Ozdemir breaks bread with Panahgah residents​

Turkish social media star to 'open restaurant in Kashmir after its liberation from India’

Renowned Turkish chef and social media sensation Burak Ozdemir on Saturday arrived in Pakistan on a four-day visit during which he would visit different parts of the country.

Turkish-chef-21604159349-15.jpg

Known across the globe for his Middle Eastern style cuisine, the chef would remain in the country until November 3.
Turkish-chef-191604159343-0.jpg

Burak has a huge social media following with 17.2 million followers on Instagram, and over 477,000 followers on Twitter.

Turkish-chef-61604159346-12.jpg

Ozdemir praised the relations between Pakistan and Turkey and said that he has travelled all the way from his country to experience what Pakistan actually looks like.

Turkish-chef-151604159350-3.jpg

Ozdemir also visited Islamabad’s Ehsas Panahgah where he helped the staff with cooking and serving the food.

Turkish-chef-181604159343-1.jpg
The famous chef later ate food with the people at the Panahgah.

Turkish-chef-51604159349-13.jpg

Solidarity with Kashmir

Addressing a press conference in the federal capital, Burak said he was overwhelmed by the support and love of Pakistan after the recent earthquake in Turkey’s Izmir.

Turkish-chef-71604159349-11.jpg
Turkish-chef-31604159350-14.jpg

"We have always cherished excellent relations," he noted.

Turkish-chef-161604159345-2.jpg

Mentioning that he has decided to shorten his trip due to the earthquake back home, Ozdemir promised to visit different cities including Lahore and Karachi when he visits Pakistan next time.

Turkish-chef-81604159351-10.jpg

“I will start learning to cook more Pakistani food,” he said.

I think he should open a restaurant in Kashmir anyhow. If possible I imagine there could be some legal hurdles that get's in the way.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I think he should open a restaurant in Kashmir anyhow. If possible I imagine there could be some legal hurdles that get's in the way.

Not really. its foreign investment and he can do it. Muzaffarabad has many international restaurants and our future food overlords Mcdonalds :p

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not really. its foreign investment and he can do it. Muzaffarabad has many international restaurants and our future food overlords Mcdonalds :p
Yeah, it's strange isn't it. It tastes good and quite cheapish, but not anywhere healthy.

I know a guy who says He'd rather have a shawarma/kebab that a burgers from McD or BK. Because it is healthier.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Yeah, it's strange isn't it. It tastes good and quite cheapish, but not anywhere healthy.

I know a guy who says He'd rather have a shawarma/kebab that a burgers from McD or BK. Because it is healthier.

Over here Pakistan is crazy after it. I see mcdonalds filled at lahore. I am pretty sure if we werent muslims, we would have built a huge temple of Ronald Mcdonald near the Indus. :D Its absolute processed but i must admit, when they serve scalding hot, it tastes amazing

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Over here Pakistan is crazy after it. I see mcdonalds filled at lahore. I am pretty sure if we werent muslims, we would have built a huge temple of Ronald Mcdonald near the Indus. :D Its absolute processed but i must admit, when they serve scalding hot, it tastes amazing
True, but I have realized that Shawarma is served differently in differnt countries. Sadly I have to admit that I couldn't get a good Shawarma/Kebab in Turkey, it was so difficult. Here in Denmark you get something that has challenged McD and BK and caused the franchise to close several stores.

That's how good the Shawarma/Kebab served in Denmark is.

*an example.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
True, but I have realized that Shawarma is served differently in differnt countries. Sadly I have to admit that I couldn't get a good Shawarma/Kebab in Turkey, it was so difficult. Here in Denmark you get something that has challenged McD and BK and caused the franchise to close several store

Indeed we have our own localized version as well. Its pretty awesome although i havent tried turkish shawarma which i shall try if i ever visit turkey

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am amazed how mcdonalds managed to sucssess in middke east and asia unless they did not hevaliy localized there offer with domestic inspired food. Any street vendorin turkey or similar country has more nutricious and tastier foods then them.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am amazed how mcdonalds managed to sucssess in middke east and asia unless they did not hevaliy localized there offer with domestic inspired food. Any street vendorin turkey or similar country has more nutricious and tastier foods then them.
When I was in Turkey, summer 2019 it was really difficult to find good restaurants because too many are making foreign concepts that are not really good. And the prices were way over the top.

In my mothers home town a kebab/shawarma I ordered were meat and bread with a pickled cucumber in it... nothing else. And I paid more than what I pay for a shawarma/Kebab in Denmark. For less.

So I will say this, when the simplest food served is like that, then that's a really sad reality.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
When I was in Turkey, summer 2019 it was really difficult to find good restaurants because too many are making foreign concepts that are not really good. And the prices were way over the top.

In my mothers home town a kebab/shawarma I ordered were meat and bread with a pickled cucumber in it... nothing else. And I paid more than what I pay for a shawarma/Kebab in Denmark. For less.

So I will say this, when the simplest food served is like that, then that's a really sad reality.
unbelievable man, ordinary pide is way better anything those international food chains could offer, turkish approach to the vegetable processing is unmatched for me in comparation to any other cuisine, i suppose it is fashion and marketing thing.

Top Bottom