Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

This one?

View attachment 56470
This one is an older model named "Canik TP9 SF Mete" but the one I am pointing to is named "Mete SF" and has a newer design receiver/bottom side. With more ergonomic beaver tail, double trigger guard undercuts, flared magwell, better stipling, holster lock notch, is 1 mm shorter in heigth and comes with aluminium magwell attachment. Comes with a 3mm longer barrel. Search GBguns website for more specs as Canik have been abstaining from promoting this model to be able to sell other ones. If you get this model with a threaded barrel you can also attach a compansator. I recommend a Mecanic red dot too to make an ideal setup but I don't like a light on it as it narrows holster selections.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This one is an older model named "Canik TP9 SF Mete" but the one I am pointing to is named "Mete SF" and has a newer design receiver/bottom side. With more ergonomic beaver tail, double trigger guard undercuts, flared magwell, better stipling, holster lock notch, is 1 mm shorter in heigth and comes with aluminium magwell attachment. Comes with a 3mm longer barrel. Search GBguns website for more specs as Canik have been abstaining from promoting this model to be able to sell other ones. If you get this model with a threaded barrel you can also attach a compansator. I recommend a Mecanic red dot too to make an ideal setup but I don't like a light on it as it narrows holster selections.
Thank you

BTW Canik and Sarsilmaz,Which one enjoy the fame of better quality in the country?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thank you

BTW Canik and Sarsilmaz,Which one enjoy the fame of better quality in the country?
Canik.
Sarsılmaz has a better grip feel, fits like a glove in your hand but everything else is better with Canik. Canik is the #3 pistol exporter to the US and #5 pistol maker in the world AFAIK.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
canik-mete-mc9-vs-canik-mete-sf-up.png

Brothers in arms; micro Canik backing up it's big brother medium Canik.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tisas Phantom, 8 round single stack .45...a friend who is a gun Smith liked it a lot...and he is normally not a big fan of Turkish guns
IMG-20230601-WA0012.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230601-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20230601-WA0011.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 46

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tisas Phantom, 8 round single stack .45...a friend who is a gun Smith liked it a lot...and he is normally not a big fan of Turkish guns
View attachment 57890

I only like 9 mm striker fired polymers but some of our 1911s make good impressions in the US. Wait until reviwers tell about it.

I expect a METE SF PRO to come out and kill the competition.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
new toys from Konya.... the person making this video is a friend of mine and at the same time a gunsmith

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I only like 9 mm striker fired polymers but some of our 1911s make good impressions in the US. Wait until reviwers tell about it.

I expect a METE SF PRO to come out and kill the competition.
İs it tisas?

İ am applying the licence and

Choose a 1911 or Canik

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Truthfully I have never shot a pistol and my gun affinity started when I thought I would find a good Turkish made gun for the video game I was thinking of making some years ago. But over time my gun knowledge grew through video reviews. I am fond of the Canik brand, I am a Canik fanatic. My favorite Canik is not made yet but is anticipated from the words of Canik officials. It will be the Pro version of the Mete SF which is not yet sold in Türkiye. It is a compact class pistol that is both carry friendly and a good shooter. If I am to have only one pistol it would be that one. It is chambered in 9mm and comes with a threaded barrel. You can attach a compensator on it to mitigate muzzle rise. It will likely have a 120 mm barrel which is an ideal shooter. You can even win competitions with it.

Lucky you getting a gun, I will keep postponing getting a gun a few more years. Maybe I shoot with rental guns at shooting ranges.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if it is allowed to have several barrels for the same pistol. I think it should be. Usage scenarios of a pistol can vary for a person. You may need a compack gun if you will carry it on your person and you may want a good shooter if you want a home defence gun. You may also want to participipate in competitions to win a cup or two in which case you will want to be able to modify the pistol to optimize it to the best possible. And finally you may want to do hunting with it in which case you want a longer barrel on it. So it would be nice if it were allowed to switch barrels or I will have to choose a medium barrel gun which does the job acceptably but wouldn't be ideal.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İs it tisas?

İ am applying the licence and

Choose a 1911 or Canik
friend from a discord server....he loves the TİSAS 1911...and he should, knows a shit ton about guns and actually designs them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-06 090103.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-06 090103.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if it is allowed to have several barrels for the same pistol. I think it should be. Usage scenarios of a pistol can vary for a person. You may need a compack gun if you will carry it on your person and you may want a good shooter if you want a home defence gun. You may also want to participipate in competitions to win a cup or two in which case you will want to be able to modify the pistol to optimize it to the best possible. And finally you may want to do hunting with it in which case you want a longer barrel on it. So it would be nice if it were allowed to switch barrels or I will have to choose a medium barrel gun which does the job acceptably but wouldn't be ideal.
Actually there are such parts but not allowed in TC law.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
friend from a discord server....he loves the TİSAS 1911...and he should, knows a shit ton about guns and actually designs them
Yes I think i will buy a 1911 place at home.

If there a day I can bring pistol out i will buy a canik

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Canik has barrels from 81mm to 146mm for their polymer grip, striker fired pistols, so technically you can use any of them as long as it is longer than the slide. So you can go hunting with a 146mm barrel on your 100mm long slide compact gun. I am not making this up I have already seen videos of hunting with a 9mm caliber extended barrel gun.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Canik has barrels from 81mm to 146mm for their polymer grip, striker fired pistols, so technically you can use any of them as long as it is longer than the slide. So you can go hunting with a 146mm barrel on your 100mm long slide compact gun. I am not making this up I have already seen videos of hunting with a 9mm caliber extended barrel gun.
Yes but seems the law of our country dont allow us to that.

If in USA we can(of coz they prefer to buy more guns...)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes but seems the law of our country dont allow us to that.

If in USA we can(of coz they prefer to buy more guns...)
There is one thing I am not sure of which is how many pistols can a civilian have in his possession. I was thinking that you can have just one then I have seen on a city police website that there is no limit to it. I am really confused.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is one thing I am not sure of which is how many pistols can a civilian have in his possession. I was thinking that you can have just one then I have seen on a city police website that there is no limit to it. I am really confused.
The lawyers also don't know the law.

İn my understanding i think that s one licence for one gun but a civilian cam apply more than one licence (every licence pay money)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The lawyers also don't know the law.

İn my understanding i think that s one licence for one gun but a civilian cam apply more than one licence (every licence pay money)
I understand that every handgun needs a seperate license and fee but still if you are willing to pay can you have more than one handgun.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,047
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand that every handgun needs a seperate license and fee but still if you are willing to pay can you have more than one handgun.
Yes

What I said was in TC we can't change the barrel by ourselves

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes

What I said was in TC we can't change the barrel by ourselves
I think it can be possible. If a pistol is broken it can be fixed. If the barrel is damaged a spare barrel can possibly be bought by a gunsmith and replaced. Well this is an unlikely scenario but a more likely scenario would be when you want a pistol to be custom configured for you. Let's say there is a pistol like the Canik Mete SF which comes with a 106,5mm barrel but you want it to be equipped with a threaded barrel which is 120mm long. There is an older model of Canik that comes with a barrel of this length which is the Canik TP9 Elite Combat, but you want that barrel to come with your new favorite pistol that is the Mete SF. So configuring your gun to your wishes should be possible, and I bet it is but I am not sure.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom